Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

leggo wrote: »
    Can someone with more patience than me tell me if this week's STWW is worth a listen? I'm not giving them 4 hours unless it's fairly spectacular...

You can skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brother Love doesn't think much of Finn calling the little guy and couldn't remember his name.

Last few Tony Schiovanni shows have been bad, they are just pressing play on the network and talking about they see. I preferred when they both watched seperately and talked about it that way. The new format is just lazy as sh1t and it really shows.

Doing the same again this week once I see it's that kind of pod it's deleted right away.

Shame really as I like listening to Tony but can't stand and won't listen to them do the drunken play by play pods of a PPV.

I am not into the listen & watch along version of the Tony shows. Apparently they do their best numbers which is why they've settled on the format but it does nothing for me. It feels like the audience they have hit on is folk who want to listen & have a laugh at the absurdity & badness of WCW. That is certainly a part of the appeal of pretty much any show that is WCW specific, but the podcast market is crowded and 2 hours of it is overkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, that's that then. Give Sean Mooney's show a listen instead. Duggan is gone now so it's just him interviewing people from his time in the company.

Another one I listen to now is Greetings from Allentown. Just a nice review of some old stuff like a WWF Superstars from the 80's or 90's. WCW too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Does anyone know why Eric Bischoff's podcast hasn't been updated in a month? I hope it's not stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

I tried Googling and searching on here but can someone tell me why Edge is in Dublin? Does he live in Ireland now?

Btw, podcast with Brian Gewirts was excellent this week. Extremely funny. I think this podcast may be my new favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I tried Googling and searching on here but can someone tell me why Edge is in Dublin? Does he live in Ireland now?

Btw, podcast with Brian Gewirts was excellent this week. Extremely funny. I think this podcast may be my new favorite.

Hes filming the tv show Vikings over here

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Eric Bischoff's podcast hasn't been updated in a month? I hope it's not stopped.

He cancelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Monokne wrote: »
    He cancelled it.

That's disappointing.

• Advertisement

There has been constant criticism of the co-host Nick Hausman since the show launched. I personally couldn't listen to him, and I sensed Bischoff wasn't enamoured with him either. Suspect he may relaunch with someone better at some point.

Bischoff met with Conrad Thompson & Bruce Prichard about doing a show like 'Something to Wrestle' over Wrestlemania weekend, however Bisch is hesitant to rehash the past and knows how wound up he'd get at Conrad's prodding so put the idea on the long finger. Wouldn't stun me if that eventually happens as Bisch has spoken of not being as financially well off as he'd hoped (which shocks me...he must not have invested well).

Conrad has confirmed the Schiavone show, What Happened When, will now be permanently following the current format where they watch something and commentate. As discussed above, it's just not for me. They will still do some Q&A shows apparently, so they may be worth a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

On this week's TIJ, Austin Aries says he was released by WWE because Creative had nothing for him.
    I thought the story was that he requested his release?

Pack a lunch if you're planning on listening to Conrad & Bruce tonight - the show clocks in near the 5 hour mark. It's about Bret Hart's final 2 years in WWE including, of course, Montreal.

Having read the Observer from that week cover to cover many times, I can only imagine how contentious and argumentative Bruce will get when confronted with the facts that make WWE's "he was going to show up on Nitro with the belt" narrative a nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah for fu...I want to listen to that but 5 hours?!! Come on! Do two separate shows, one specifically on Montreal! You'll get more hits for 'Montreal Screwjob' and still get plenty for 'Bret Hart in the WWF'.

They did a Montreal specific show in their first month, but this was when the format wasn't what it is now and the shows were less than an hour. So you could always listen to that if you're into the whole brevity thing.

Or just listen in two parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Monokne wrote: »
    They did a Montreal specific show in their first month, but this was when the format wasn't what it is now and the shows were less than an hour. So you could always listen to that if you're into the whole brevity thing.

Or just listen in two parts.

Nice one, found the Montreal show. 90 mins, way more digestible!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

While I do like STTW when there's a fun topic, 5 hours on the most covered Wrestling controversy ever? Yowsa. Conrad must hit quadruple digits on the Role Tides in this one.

I'm sure if they cut out the ads it'd be 90 minutes or so.

I'm sure if they cut out the ads it'd be 90 minutes or so.

But what if you or a family member is suffering from mesothelioma?

• Advertisement

Then I want money and I want it now.

Then I want money and I want it now.

Roll tide on that.

So are Conrad & Tony getting revenue from the WWE to do these PPV shows using the Network and promoting the Network so heavily I wonder.

Conrad is such a carny, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Conrad is such a carny, I wouldn't be surprised.

Conrad is da man !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Has the LAW disappeared?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

bot43 wrote: »
    Has the LAW disappeared?

Hiatus after the lads got released by Fight Network.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

bot43 wrote: »
    Has the LAW disappeared?

As Angron said, worth noting John & Wai are continuing their wrestling podcasts - their temp home is http://johnandwai4.life/, includes John's Survivor Series review

Didn't realise Wai got gate too! Thought he was a talented editor and worked all hours?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Didn't realise Wai got gate too! Thought he was a talented editor and worked all hours?

He is and he does, also a cameraman, and sure John's one of the hardest working guys in the business! fyi all of the regular talent got canned (John, Wai, Jason, Mouth, Braden, which includes the satellite podcasts Keep it 100, British Audio Wrestling etc). There are some staff that were kept on but none that listeners would care about. The restructuring of the LAW apparently it's a completely new format that won't be similar to the old one (ie get ready for some awful s**t)

Advertisement