Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

I'm not sure if it's the contract or not. It says that your formal offer of employment will be issued in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keller87

Ok, I haven't got anything. I know for sure that they have yet to contact one of my referees.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blondeybaba

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Just got the email for the job offer. Has anyone else?
    I got that a few weeks back..:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jonnylomax

Just got the email for the job offer. Has anyone else?

I received the same 30 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jonnylomax

I got that a few weeks back..:

Was what you got a few weeks ago the confirmation of the offer?

The email today is a formal offer of the position; the one I got anyway

• Advertisement

Got it now.

So is it a formal contract then? Like if we sign is there no going back?

So is it a formal contract then? Like if we sign is there no going back?

Nope, the formal contract will come on April! ;)

Then what is the difference between this and the previous email?

this is a formal offer, the previous one a provisional one I guess.that's it!

• Advertisement

So I should expect another email? They just contacted my references

Ahhh got the email was getting worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mnikkar

Hi everyone,

My name is Nikkar, I have also been offered a position in C&T. I am coming over from the UK and a bit anxious about the whole move thing. Can I suggest we all (those starting in Sept) set up a facebook group to communicate easier with each other.

mnikkar wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My name is Nikkar, I have also been offered a position in C&T. I am coming over from the UK and a bit anxious about the whole move thing. Can I suggest we all (those starting in Sept) set up a facebook group to communicate easier with each other.

thats a good idea.

if you want you can create the group and then share it here!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mnikkar

Done !

http://www.facebook.com/groups/234471260031385/

Once a few of us join it, I will send it to Joanne also.

mnikkar wrote: »
    Done !

http://www.facebook.com/groups/234471260031385/

Once a few of us join it, I will send it to Joanne also.
    Hey,

Just requested to join it. Maybe you could change the setting to closed instead of open so as random members of the public cant see it? Also not sure Joanne should have access to our personal Facebook pages haha

I agree probably best she doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NedNoodles

Just got rejected.

Rejected is an ugly word.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FOS5252

Hi, can someone send me on the number for HR? Maybe the one they used to contact you. I have tried the number on the grad website but it is out of use?!?!

Terrible service on BOI part, I have been waiting for contact for 3 months now. I am assuming I have been rejected but would like some feedback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Just out of curiosity anyone who went for an interview with Boi (non graduate) how long were you waiting before you received any feedback?

• Advertisement

Got a call this afternoon from BOI asking if I was still interested i said sure she said I've been successful so delighted, she said will post me out a contract, funnily enough I was on my way to another job interview so i just rang them and told them the news.

Will I also get email confirmation too, and when I get the contract have i to sign it and return it straight away or just bring it with me on my first day?

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Got a call this afternoon from BOI asking if I was still interested i said sure she said I've been successful so delighted, she said will post me out a contract, funnily enough I was on my way to another job interview so i just rang them and told them the news.

Will I also get email confirmation too, and when I get the contract have i to sign it and return it straight away or just bring it with me on my first day?

Well done Johnny! You'll get an email confirmation and a contract too. Send both back in the post ASAP I reckon! What area did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FOS5252

Could you Pm what number they rang you off?

Well done Johnny! You'll get an email confirmation and a contract too. Send both back in the post ASAP I reckon! What area did you get?

Working in their office in the IFSC, insolvency operations, delighted as I've been out of work ages since my contract in last job finished , haven't got an email yet but mind you only got the call an hour and a half ago. :-)

FOS5252 wrote: »
    Could you Pm what number they rang you off?

Came up as private number which i actually usually don't answer but did this time.

Working in their office in the IFSC, insolvency operations, delighted as I've been out of work ages, haven't got an email yet but mind you only got the call an hour and a half ago. :-)

What stream did you apply for though?

What stream did you apply for though?
    Sorry pal i don't know what you mean by this?

Sorry pal i don't know what you mean by this?

Like Credit Risk, HR, C&T, Finance or Actuarial?

Like Credit Risk, HR, C&T, Finance or Actuarial?

Just seen the position advertised on irishjobs.ie and applied, went for interview and was successful, didn't say anything about the aforementioned.

I assume they've probably contacted my old job for a reference anyway (you would imagine that's what they would do before making an offer)

• Advertisement

Just seen the position advertised on irishjobs.ie and applied, went for interview and was successful, didn't say anything about the aforementioned.

I assume they've probably contacted my old job for a reference anyway (you would imagine that's what they would do before making an offer)

Are you sure it's the Grad role? What was the role advertised?

Advertisement