Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the Grad role? What was the role advertised?

No its unlikely to be a graduate role,advertised on Irish Jobs website, it's donkeys years since I went to college , contract role but if you do well I'd imagine you'd be kept on, and BOI looks good on the CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 misstyc

Has anyone applied to the programme this year. Have an assessment centre next week, not really sure what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

I've applied and been invited to the assessment centre next thursday :) I chose Corporate & treasury for my first choice, not sure if I got it.

To anyone who has done the assessment centre thing; are the interviews different depending on which part of the company your applying for or is it "generic"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BarryPiper

I also applied to Corp&Treasury, did the online assessment tests and had no difficulty with them whatsoever so i'd be surprised if I got passed over on the basis of the results but I've yet to hear back from BOI, is anyone in the same boat and when did they get back to you after the online tests?

They got back to me last week and invited me to the assessment centre running this week. Everyone else I have talked to seems to be the same. I think the assessment centres are running from now until the 18th but I'm not too sure about that. Apparently they got 1000 applications this year!!

• Advertisement

Yeah, same for me - they got back to me last week as well.

Wow, I'm really nervous about the assessment centre tomorrow. Ironically not so much about the presentation, group exercise or abstract logical test - I'm more nervous about the competency interview. I'm always scared they will hit me with one of those "tell me about a time when you..." questions and I won't remember anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sean_ros

Anyone have the assessment centre for the actuarial stream? I have it on friday and only found out today!

Wendero wrote: »
    Yeah, same for me - they got back to me last week as well.

Wow, I'm really nervous about the assessment centre tomorrow. Ironically not so much about the presentation, group exercise or abstract logical test - I'm more nervous about the competency interview. I'm always scared they will hit me with one of those "tell me about a time when you..." questions and I won't remember anything :(

don't worry they are really nice and try their best to make you feel relaxed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Runner_11

Has anyone applied for the HR grad role? I have done the online tests but yet to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsokay

Have my assessment centre on monday and only found out today! Not getting their emails for some reason.

I applied for Corporate & Treasury. Any people who were successful last year have or who did the assessment centre have any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kitty07

Runner_11 wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for the HR grad role? I have done the online tests but yet to hear back.

I applied for the HR role as well, have heard nothing back since completing the online assessments. I know one of the assessment centres was on today but no idea about when the HR one is. I'd just like to know either way at this point, it's been ages since the online tests.

How have people got on at the assessment centre? Thought it was pretty tough myself.

Very stuck for time for the presentation !

itsokay wrote: »
    How have people got on at the assessment centre? Thought it was pretty tough myself.

Very stuck for time for the presentation !

I can only assume that was intentional to see how you would perform under that kind of pressure. It was tough for me as well. Hopefully I got through... What did you apply for?

Has anyone heard from them yet? Is it a good or a bad thing if it takes time for them to get back to you? My reasoning why it might be a good thing is because with the successful candidates (or the candidates that were still in consideration after the assessment centre), they would have to check references which would take additional time, and they wouldn't make any job offers before they had heard from both of your references. So, a rejection might arrive just days after the assessment centre, but a job offer could take longer time.

I thought the presentation was hard as well. I applied to corporate & treasury.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Newbie in the room

You'll get an email if you're successful. A phone call and feedback if its a rejection.

I applied for Corporate & Treasury. How many people got to the assessment centre do you reckon?

I don't think theyre going to be sending rejections or job offers until december anyway. Unless you were exceptionally good or bad then they might let you know before then.

Has anyone heard from them yet? Is it a good or a bad thing if it takes time for them to get back to you? My reasoning why it might be a good thing is because with the successful candidates (or the candidates that were still in consideration after the assessment centre), they would have to check references which would take additional time, and they wouldn't make any job offers before they had heard from both of your references. So, a rejection might arrive just days after the assessment centre, but a job offer could take longer time.

I thought the presentation was hard as well. I applied to corporate & treasury.

me too. Still haven't heard back from them either. Hope it's for the reason you stated. I found the presentation the hardest part and felt like I hadn't prepared as well going in to it.

itsokay, which assessment centre were you at? I was there thursday last week - I was just thinking I might have seen you :)

I felt the presentation didn't go too well, but the following Q&A session after the presentation went alright I thought. The group discussion and the personal interview went really well too for me, I thought.

Hi, I have the HR Assessment Centre this coming Tuesday, quite nervous to be honest, just wondering if any of you who've already had your assessment centres could give me some advice? It would be much appreciated! It's the presentation I'm most worried about, the rest I think I should be fine on.

itsokay, which assessment centre were you at? I was there thursday last week - I was just thinking I might have seen you :)

I felt the presentation didn't go too well, but the following Q&A session after the presentation went alright I thought. The group discussion and the personal interview went really well too for me, I thought.

I was at the AC on monday there were 8 of us. How many was at yours?

Don't be nervous just have plenty of competency questions prepared like for most interviews. It is quite draining so get plenty of sleep the night before!

• Advertisement

Ah no I was at the one on Wednesday, it was tough overall but I guess there's a lot of competition so they have to make it like that. I think i did well enough in the q&a. The interview was my favourite part. It was a lot more laid back than I expected

Is there any prep that can be done for the presentation? I know they said it wasn't necessary to prepare anything in the invite to the assessment but I'm just really nervous about this part.

I mean, you can "practice" doing "spontaneuos" presentations in front of your friends if they agree to it :) But since it's impossible to predict what topic you'll be presenting about, you can't really prepare beyond that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Had my AC today. Thought it went okay. Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rask43

Does anyone know someone already on the programme in C&T? Do they like it?

Got an email yesterday with an offer but I'm not sure that I'm going to take it.

Congratulations on your offer! :) Don't know anyone on the program unfortunately. I'm hoping I'll hear from them soon, I applied for Corporate & treasury as well.

Cheers. I just want a bit of an insight as to what the work life is like. Plus exit opps.

I have a better understanding of my other offers which is why BOI is down the list at the moment.

Please turn it down, then I'll have a better shot :P

Just kidding :) I seem to recall someone in this thread knew someone who had done the C & T program, maybe just search this thread for "corporate & treasury" or something like that? It was a few years ago though so things could have changed.

No luck with the search, unfortunately.

I got talking to someone who knows a bit about it and it does seem to be a very good programme alright. The rotations each seem to be pretty interesting.

• Advertisement

Anyone else heard back? Curious at this stage as to how I got on

Advertisement