Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally, a Rugby (Union) game for ps3.... 2 of them!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

awesome i cant wait!

loved the rugby games back in the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

*edit*

Thank you Jebus!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

jd007 wrote: »
    *edit*

Thank you Jebus!

Apologies, but picture was a wee bit inappropriate. If you want to link to such images again, a URL and a NSFW tag please as opposed to an embed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

nice1, ps3 needs a good rugby game

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    nice1, ps3 needs a good rugby game

Agreed, as long as its better than the effort EA brought out last time on PS2? 2008? Bloody terrible with the player you (didn't know) were controlling running offside constantly. Really destroyed a fairly good implementation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Nothing beats Jonah Lomu Rugby on the original Playstation. Actually I lie Rugby World Cup on the Megadrive was epic.

rugby95_image01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

is there going to be any for the xbox 360?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mink_man wrote: »
      is there going to be any for the xbox 360?

Rugby 2012 is Xbox and PS3 (With a maybe to a PC version according to an interview with I read with a HBStudios representative), Rugby challenge will be Xbox, PS3 and PC

1. Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Who is going to publish Rugby 2012? HB Studios seem to work a lot with EA but it doesn't seem to say if they are the publishers.

2. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Otacon wrote: »
      Who is going to publish Rugby 2012? HB Studios seem to work a lot with EA but it doesn't seem to say if they are the publishers.

After some digging it is seem it is likely to be EA, I presume they still own the rights to the Rugby 2XXX franchise, no official confirmation seems to exist. Even this link, lifted directly from the EA Sports wikipedia page is inconclusive and ambiguous. There is probably just about enough circumstancial evidence to draw the conclusion that it will be an EA Game.

http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/5688-Rugby-2012-announced.html
      HB studios has announced Rugby 2012 for consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360). The Canadian developer has worked on a plethora of sports titles for EA, including various yearly releases for EA Sports Cricket, NHL, Madden, NBA and you guessed it, Rugby, including Rugby 2008, which from what I can gather was a rather good year for the franchise.

True to form, the title will release in the year prior to that adorned in its title. In this case, we are expecting it to arrive towards the end of 2011, just in time for the Rugby world cup.

EA has remained uncharacteristically quiet on the matter, leaving the developer to do all the PR work, so it remains to be seen if this will be yet another EA Rugby game.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong, its not an EA game after all, this is on the HB Studios wikipedia page:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_2012_(video_game)

Rugby 2012 is an upcoming Rugby video game in development by HB Studios. The Rugby Forum and HB Studios have joined forces for this upcoming title. A publisher for the game has not been announced, but HB Studios has said via The Rugby Forum that EA Sports is not involved.

3. Advertisement
    4. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

i cannot wait for this to come out. Im still playing rugby games on the ps2

5. Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved to games at OP's request :)

6. Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PredaToRxReCoN

finally iv been waiting for a good rugby game for my PS3 for ages as iv been playing the old ones on my PS2 for a while

7. Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Great news! :D

8. Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

great! cant wait!

9. Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Dear OP. You've made my day. I love you.

10. Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Hopefully they're decent. I loved Jonah Lomu, but the EA ones on PS2 were abominations. Not that I'm that into rugby, but I know enough people who are that I'm gonna end up playing one of these regardless :D

11. Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was waiting ages for a decent F1 game, only recently bought a PS3 so had to wait until F1 2010 hit the Xbox.

Now it looks like there will be at least 1 rugby game by the end of the year. That completes the full set for me.

12. Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

cup of tea wrote: »
      Any news on this?

ha... yeah, Rugby World Cup 2011 came out a couple of weks ago, its gotten poor reviews.
      Rugby Challenge is out in New Zealand and Australia but not here yet. It has not gotten brilliant reviews but much better reviews than the other one.

I have the latter. It's quite good.

Advertisement