Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* D.C.G. HL predictions / discussion / aftermath * (1 thread only please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

Cydoniac wrote: »
    That test was so amazing! I actually feel like I'm well on the way to an A1!

I did all 4 of the Section A questions.
    Section B - Did the axonometric and lipstick cut section. Lipstick one was fantastic.
    Section C - Dynamic Mechanisms and Assemblies. The cam was unbelievably easy, I couldn't believe they weren't asking for UAR or having to work backwards. Bird Feeder was brilliant to do, I definitely assembled it right, hopefully got all hatching, and my angle was 145, did anyone else get anything in the region of that?

my angle was 143 so its all good! was a good paper to me anyway. i hope to god i got a B3 or B2. what you hoping for in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

My easiest exam so far..delighted!

MikeHough wrote: »
    Twas indeed boy.
    Very happy with it.
    Which Qs did ye all do???
    Sneaky enough of them to leave of oblique plane and skew planes i thought

dont want to freak you out now but skew planes was on the shorts! did ya not do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

my angle was 143 so its all good! was a good paper to me anyway. i hope to god i got a B3 or B2. what you hoping for in it?
    I did a good project so I'm aiming for that A1 now. Hoping to be teaching this in a few years so that would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

dont want to freak you out now but skew planes was on the shorts! did ya not do it?

aw nah man.
    I saw it there but i meant it wasnt up as a long question

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kev.f

that hons paper was the easiest thing i have ever seen. missread one of the questions which is going to cost me my A :(

short questions - 3 fully out
    intenepration - the definitation of simple
    the elipse one - easy
    map and mining - easy
    dinimac things - was easy but missread question and rotated anticlockwise and did a point follower in stread of roller. part B was handy

when i first saw it i nearly handed it back and asked for the hons paper. raging bout the dinaminic things though. that deffently cost me my A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 owenthorp7

I really don't think that could have went any better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Twas grand, happy enough! When are the answers available on examinations.ie?...for all the exams actuallly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 owenthorp7

Best exam i have ever done, i was always an A1 student but that exam was way to easy finished 40 minutes early and done all four short questions, B-1 , B-2 , C-4, C-5

@MikeHough i see.

• Advertisement

I did a good project so I'm aiming for that A1 now. Hoping to be teaching this in a few years so that would be nice :)

oh really? nice one. are you finished now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Pretty sure I aced that! Most likely really high 90s! The only thing I didn't get out was the curvature along S-S in structural forms, thats normally 4 marks so I still attempted it so I will get some marks!

Short questions - had them done in 13 minutes I was delighted with what came up

Intersection - possibly the easiest intersection I have ever done with limited intersections just a lot of them on the faces of the object

Axonometric - what the f, the gave us half the bloody drawing like how easy was this :pac:

Roadworks - had the whole question completed in 9 minutes, its one of the easiest ones I have seen and I wouldnt have considered it my best question!

Structural forms - I had an hour and a half left to do this question so just took things handy! Apart from the curvature of S-s it went perfectly

I'm pretty sure I got full marks in every question bar that Structural Forms! Delighted!

Hope everybody got what they wanted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wazzarooney

Am I the only one that did terrible?

Griffen262 wrote: »
    Twas grand, happy enough! When are the answers available on examinations.ie?...for all the exams actuallly?

jesus the exam isnt even over an hour and you want the answers!:p

your some man griffen262!:D

im sure you did fine man! probably better than you think.

oh really? nice one. are you finished now?
    Nah, Construction Studies and Music. I have nearly a week now so I'm hoping to nail Music in particular and get a B in Construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

With a decent project a mediocre drawing exam will still get you a B! Chin up

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Want to come to Letterfrack with me? Beautiful countyside.... lower points than UL... seems to be a good place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Papers are up on examinations.ie anyway

Want to come to Letterfrack with me? Beautiful countyside.... lower points than UL... seems to be a good place. :)
    I have it on my CAO but I'm dead set on UL at the moment :P
    We might meet in a few years time though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Cydoniac, Id watch this guy...*shivers

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Garefield

If it's any consolation... I don't think I've ever answered a paper as badly in my life... in any subject...though I am only aiming for a pass (in HL)...but hey we might end up doing better than we thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

could a higher paper be any easier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I dont think so.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭beargrylls93

well, iv two questions would appreciate if someone helped......... in C-1 the mining geometry part it asked for the strike by 'completing the construction', did anyone else now know what it meant ? i went and put the co-ordinates onto a new sheet and found it the normal way ?

also in the cam shaft question it gave 'cam shaft diameter 24mm' , i was wondering what this was ? had to learn it at home myself so couldn ask teacher..........sound

It meant that the circle in the middle of the cam had to be 24mm in diameter I think.

It meant that the circle in the middle of the cam had to be 24mm in diameter I think.
    ya i was thinkin that , i dont have a book from school but my brother does it in college and theres a few diagrams , is it just a circle in the middle it doesnt interact with much at all like ??

ya i was thinkin that , i dont have a book from school but my brother does it in college and theres a few diagrams , is it just a circle in the middle it doesnt interact with much at all like ??
    It's just a circle, and then your cam profile goes around it. Should look like a slightly deformed circle on the outside with a normal circle on the inside.

• Advertisement

It's just a circle, and then your cam profile goes around it. Should look like a slightly deformed circle on the outside with a normal circle on the inside.

i think it said something like 'nearest in line' something something that the roller comes to it is 52 mm, surely this is the minimum radius of the actual cam as a whole yes ????? and then at the end just put a 24mm circle in the middle of it ?

i did a third option wiestion anyways in case i made a mistake

Advertisement