Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* D.C.G. HL predictions / discussion / aftermath * (1 thread only please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kilbride206

You're probably right yeah...Did ye lose so much drawing time because of the project too? We were in for a week after our last day trying to make up the f***in' time!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

You're probably right yeah...Did ye lose so much drawing time because of the project too? We were in for a week after our last day trying to make up the f***in' time!

nah wed a solid enough teacher.only had surface and geological to do after the project.had the course wrapped up with about 2 weeks to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

So many people doing the Geometry questions, Am I the only person out there doing Dynamic Mechanisms and Assembles for Section C?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Katelyn92

I'm predicting inter penetration will come up, as it's come up every year and in the sample. I don't really like the question though, it takes so long...

It didn't come up last year i was expecting it but nofrown.gif

It will probably come up this your though, and planes will come up i'd say, and trimetric i reckon could come up maybe only as a short ques though. its impossible to know though seen as it is only the 3rd year.

Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be TOO unpredictable seeing as we only have 2 papers to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Katelyn92 wrote: »
    It didn't come up last year i was expecting it but nofrown.gif

It will probably come up this your though, and planes will come up i'd say, and trimetric i reckon could come up maybe only as a short ques though. its impossible to know though seen as it is only the 3rd year.

Yeah I don't know why I thought it had. I hope it doesn't though, I can do it perfectly but it takes quite long. Trimetric takes a bit of time in the section B as well.

I can't see them veering off of the Hyperbolic Paraboloid for structural forms, considering there's a lot more to it than the hyperboloid of revolution, still gonna go over the whole chapter though. And geologic geometry is probably the easiest question on the paper so I'm not worried about that.

I'm just worried about section B really.

What do people think will come up on the Core questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Con_Con

Our teacher is retarded. Barely covered any of the course, but I thought myself a lot of it. I'm not relying on it for points so i'm just going to cover what I'm good at and hope.
    Which is: Solids in contact, the axonometrix axis questions planes and I can never think of the name of it but the one I refer to as 'the picture plane one' for section B.
    Then for C I'm doing dynamic, surface geometry and I know a bit on roads.

I'm literally going to wing it for section A, just hope my (minimal) knowledge from the rest of the course can see me through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Con_Con

Solids in contact has to come up I'd say cause it hasnt appeared at all and its a pretty big past of the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I'd love if solids came up, I quite enjoy doing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Con_Con wrote: »
    Solids in contact has to come up I'd say cause it hasnt appeared at all and its a pretty big past of the course!

Ah I hate that for some reason ! Haven't done it in nearly 2 years.Any sites that are good or revising it or for other sections even (doubt it but still)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

<snip>

Cop on! Whatever you think of your teacher, it's wholly inappropriate to name him on a public forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Piece of advice guys, if you're using a few drawing boards in your exam make sure you check each side of each board for sheets before the exam finishes!. Somebody I know forgot to do this and lost a full question because of it. Even though the page was sent off the next week to the SEC he didn't get any marks for the question.

Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

ok guys if anyone does have any advice on what topics to know best would be appreciated! surface geometry and geologic geometry are my choices in C and i think obliue planes will make an apppearance? also interpenetration.

what do people think about laminas and axonametric coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

I heard that for your project to be counted in your total mark you need to pass the theory part. If you fail the theory the marks from your project don't count at all. Is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I dont even do tech graph anymore but I would say definetly not.

It's like Maths/Irish/etc, if you get the marks overall you pass. I think so anyway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Dbstf wrote: »
    I heard that for your project to be counted in your total mark you need to pass the theory part. If you fail the theory the marks from your project don't count at all. Is that true?
    Nah thats crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I was told the same thing by my first teacher about construction studies, he said if you fail either day practical, your project or theory exam you fail the whole exam...But our second teacher never mentioned such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kedo93

guys, can conics come up as a long question? God I hope it doesn't :(

• Advertisement

Kedo93 wrote: »
    guys, can conics come up as a long question? God I hope it doesn't :(
    yeah, I think it can. Remember answering a question on a partially complete parabola then asked to draw a tangential line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PaulSul

Section B - Solids in contact , Planes and conical sections

Section C - Dynamic Mechanisms - Gears question

What people make of them that kinda what our teacher said ?

Gears as in a locus? Would be great if that came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 coxy 132

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Gears as in a locus? Would be great if that came up.
    as in wheel pinion and rack i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Any sites with some DCG info on it ?

Examinations.ie obviously only has a few years of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

im hoping for:section B-Planes, trimetric or perspective(though lines of interpretation seems most likely)
    section c: im doing geologic and surface geometry.

although dcg is one of my better subjects iv a feeling tomorrows paper is gonna be cook!

coxy 132 wrote: »
    Ah damn, hate those. Going to practice a few tonight then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fairenuf

Wonder will they ask Axonometric in section B?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

fairenuf wrote: »
    Wonder will they ask Axonometric in section B?

doubt it..axonometric seems a bit 2 easy for section b
    probably be either trimetric or dimetric

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kev.f

coxy 132 wrote: »
    im doing Dynamic Mechanisms but we havnet covered gears??? should i be worried.

also what are the requlations with coulering/ shading drawings because i found for the mocks i was finished with plenty of time? is it frowned apon or will it lose you marks?

Advertisement