Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No the other chap in the post above me.

Bruce almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Don't you have news to report?

No, i dont actually

your majesty :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If it offened you that much why couldn't you have just changed the channel?
    This in a nutshell. I didnt watch it, not my bag, caught a bit of it on the news. Yer ones bridesmaid has one great arse. Had to be going commando... Hubba hubba, :) but why bitch about something and still watch it? *scratches head*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Didnt see it, couldnt really care less tbh, not because they're royal, but because its much to gay to sit down in front of the tele and watch a wedding.

I did however see about 5 mins on sky news.

Shes hot.

I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Wibbs wrote: »
    This in a nutshell...... but why bitch about something and still watch it? *scratches head*

Because some people stubbornly refuse to move into the 21st Century and just can't resist the oppertunity to bash Britain/The Monarchy maybe?

Or they just think it's 'cool' to hate the Royals?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hell I think they're a bunch of inbred austrians for the most part, but the Brits do the pomp and circumstance really well. The two getting hitched actually seem to like each other, "royal" or not so that's nice to see. At least she's not some neurotic 20 year old marrying a middle aged chinless wonder with notions about himself like his parents.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Royal family doesnt really bother me that much,the older members are all stiff upper lip chaps but the younger members come across as been very down to earth and just normal people,I watched a bit of the wedding yesterday,star of the show was Pippa Middelton,cracking bird.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8484342/Royal-wedding-Pippa-Middleton-shines-as-maid-of-honour.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I watched it, and enjoyed it.

Initially I was interested in seeing the military pomp & ceremony but got wrapped up in the wedding ceremony itself.

The Bride looked lovely, easy smile & looked like she was in heaven - and sure doesn't every woman want to be a princess!.

William looked like any other upper class git.

But because I believe in marriage I'm very happy for them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Is RTE's rating for the Wedding available yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Personally, and I have no shame in saying so, I thought the Wedding was beautiful. Kate looked stunning imo. I thought her dress was perfect. And William was very handsome in his uniform.

It was wonderful to see such a happy event when there is so much doom and gloom going in the world.

Congratulations to Will and Kate and I wish them a long and happy life together.

To all those who spent the wedding bitching about and slagging everything and everyone, I have to ask why you bothered watching it at all?

If it offened you that much why couldn't you have just changed the channel?

Couldn't agree more. A fantastic event and went off so so perfectly. Two people who seem to be very likable and genuinely happy together. Thrilled for both of them. The whole event IMO was something to behold. I just thought it was amazing. This is the real deal. People spend so much money on mags and books and films watching fake fairy-tales, and when the real deal comes along they can't enjoy or appreciate it. Not all, of course.

I am no Royal lover, and I didn't watch it for that. I just watched it for what it was, a massive occasion and event that was performed spectacularly. Everything about it had a wow factor, but not at all tacky. It was pure style and class. But lets be honest, was anyone surprised? The Brits
    do pomp and ceremony, and pageantry better than anyone else.

As for the star of the show, Kate, she really did look amazing. An elegant and stylish and classy lady, with a blemish-less character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

seamus wrote: »
    I don't see why it's a political issue though. I couldn't care less about desparate housewives, yet RTE still pay good money to bring it in and show it. Because there's demand.

Consider this just another piece of entertainment that others want to watch and you don't.

As our closest neighbour, we culturally have very strong ties with the UK. Indeed as a country 15 times our size (in population terms) and speaking the same language as us, it's only natural that we will passively import huge amounts of their culture and entertainment, including such mundane topics as the royal wedding and "what Cheryl Cole is wearing this week".

If you don't like it, ignore it. Simple.
    seamus wrote: »
    Perhaps that's the question you want to ask. RTE are showing it because people want to watch it.

Is this guy some sort of logical wizard? He's making far too much sense....maybe it'll rub off on some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

kfallon wrote: »
    C'mon everyone knows the younger fella is James Hewitt's, look at the head on him!
    Ann22 wrote: »
    Diana didn't meet James Hewitt until the summer of 1986, when Harry was two. Oh and red hair runs in the Spencer family.

nope, Hewitt met Diana in 1982 and started shagging soon after so there is every possibility that he's Harry's dad:cool:

only way to find out is to do a DNA test

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What were you searching for when you found that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Oh yeah, and we cant spell either!
    Ireland also came out on top for the search terms 'Kate Middleton,' the misspelled 'Kate Midleton,' 'Kate wedding,' and 'Kate royal wedding.'

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

@Mr Crinklewood As usual, a smart arse reply. Found in google news search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

What were you searching for when you found that?

Oh snap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

@Mr Crinklewood As usual, a smart arse reply. Found in google news search, moron.

Where you searching for "moron", or are you calling me a moron despite never meeting ne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

@Mr Crinklewood As usual, a smart arse reply. Found in google news search.

No need for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There is no genetic relation between Kate and Will, so therefore how are they inbred?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Oh yeah, and we cant spell either!

Can't spell... missing a "D" is a typo.

You've never made mistakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

There's been loads of threads on it, and any thread has had loads of replies. We're obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Really?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I really don't understand why people feel threatened by the fact that other people have different interests to them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

People are interested in fairytale weddings. They are more interested because they are our next door neighbours. The fact that they are British royals isnt an issue for most people anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I thought we'd heard the end of this borefest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭purity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Is there not a megathread for all this lower class, superficial, shallow tabloid dross promoting bullshit like fairytale weddings? What's the age level here, or dare I say the IQ or EQ level?

Christ, can all this intellectually vacuous embarrassing scoria not be thrown into some children's forum or the Ladies Lounge or Fashion and Appearance?

It's unbecoming of a society which is trying to sell itself as a - heaven forfend - "smart economy". :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Advertisement