Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

walshb wrote: »
    Can someoe clear this up please. I keep hearing all the time that Kate will one day become Queen. As far as I know she can never be Queen, just like Diana and Fegie and the Queen Mother before her. It's blood only, isn't it?

There's two types of Queen - Queen Regnant who is queen in her own right by ascending to the throne and Queen Consort who is the wife of the reigning King.

In effect she will be "a" Queen rather than "the" Queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

RobitTV wrote: »
    i think prince charles is next to be king, but i faught camilla would be the next queen!

Camilla could be queen consort if she wants, when Charles becomes king, she's unlikely to take it though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

efb wrote: »
    Queen Consort, no power just the title, if will dies as king, she aint in charge

none of them have any power essentially

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

:eek: :D

287383348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

xzanti wrote: »
    I had no interest in watching it and like many I was sick of hearing about the preparations but when I went to collect my Son this morning, my Sister was watching it and I got sucked in.. and I must say it did warm my heart just a little..

She was a beautiful bride and he looked amazing in his regalia.. all very romantic and I wish them the best of luck.

Same feeling here. I am Nigerian and don't feel the same measure of animosity that some folks have towards the British on here.

My case is complicated because my OH is half British/ Irish and she is really confused as to where to pledge her allegiance, not helped with the endless bickering in her family about some issues that occured decades ago.

I got irritated with the continuous adverts on TV about some guy getting married, I became even more annoyed because the hype was mainly because he was fortunate to be born into a family that enjoys such relevance based on an antiquated concept.

However, I saw the a replay of the ceremony on Skynews and it was quite surreal and interesting, in all honesty I wish the couple the best of luck but I am genuinely glad it is over.

• Advertisement

Camilla could be queen consort if she wants, when Charles becomes king, she's unlikely to take it though

She can't because she is divorced

Crosáidí wrote: »
    none of them have any power essentially

They are still head of State and have to sign off on stuff like the dissolution of parliament, even if it only going through the motions, like our pres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Pwindedd wrote: »
    There's two types of Queen - Queen Regnant who is queen in her own right by ascending to the throne and Queen Consort who is the wife of the reigning King.

In effect she will be "a" Queen rather than "the" Queen.

But there is no such thing as King Consort, so when the monarch is a Queen Regnant, her husband isn't known as King, like old Phil at the moment or Prince Albert with Victoria (I did wonder if Wills had followed his tradition today when she didn't put a ring on his finger:D)

They are still head of State and have to sign off on stuff like the dissolution of parliament, even if it only going through the motions, like our pres.

Yeah so no power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Crosáidí wrote: »
    She can't because she is divorced

Doesn't matter. She could be the Queen consort but will likely not choose to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

:eek: :D

287383348.jpg

i could see the daily mail tommrrow

BREAKING NEWS! Kate gives wills blowjob on the balcony while flower girl watches

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RobitTV wrote: »
    i think prince charles is next to be king, but i faught camilla would be the next queen!

Diana would have been called Queen, but very unlikely that Camilla will be. Catherine will be called Queen, but only for as long as William is alive and if he dies before Charles then it would just go straight onto either William and Catherines kids or Harry.

:eek::eek: :D:D

nwfMU.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

:eek: Another thread :eek:

Only matter of time before AH is renamed AH UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

OPENROAD wrote: »
    :eek: Another thread :eek:

Only matter of time before AH is renamed AH UK

ffs,dont be so insular.Can you not see the humour?nor the self deprecation? wise up you tube,or else revolve eternally within your own wee Irish cylinder.

catch a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

cesc77 wrote: »
    ffs,dont be so insular.Can you not see the humour?nor the self deprecation? wise up you tube,or else revolve eternally within your own wee Irish cylinder.

catch a grip

You are well off the mark Cesc regards myself ;)

PS Are you staying in the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ehem... boards.ie/afterhours.co.uk datta way >>>> :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The man is a true legend! Everywhere he goes, he upsets the locals. Can't wait to see what he's going to come out with when they come here!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

walshb wrote: »
    Can someoe clear this up please. I keep hearing all the time that Kate will one day become Queen. As far as I know she can never be Queen, just like Diana and Fergie and the Queen Mother before her. It's blood only, isn't it?

Two kinds of Queens (well, three if you count the Priscalla Queen of the Desert kind!)

Queen Regent - where the queen is the actual monarch. Then there is no king, rather a Duke.
    Queen Consort - where the queen is the wife of the king.

So you have a King and Queen when the King is the monarch, but a Queen and Duke where the Queen is the monarch. So she will be known as Queen Catherine if and when William is King. It is likely that Camilla will choose to not take the title of Queen (for obvious reasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

If I may say so,I thoroughly enjoyed today's Royal Ceremony.

I only wish their could have been more Tri-colours in the crowd in London today,It was great to see such a ceremony and no doubt William will be a great king for us his people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Me? :v

I only wish their could have been more Tri-colours in the crowd in London today,It was great to see such a ceremony and no doubt William will be a great king for us his people.

Don't understand this at all, maybe you can help me out. Tri-colours and us people?

Are you LI90 in disguise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

William will be a great king for us his people.

Us? To me he is just some gobshíte with no relevance tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Us? To me he is just some gobshíte with no relevance tbh

Dawwwww :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

I don't know,I guess I've always liked the Royals very interesting,and they are living history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

65 years ago she would've been our princess

As what? a stain in her grandfathers pants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

65 years ago her new family were thinking "so close but where did it all go wrong Adolf"

Advertisement