Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH royal wedding mega thread (no flaming queens)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

As what? a stain in her grandfathers pants?

lol
    What I mean was that we still had the King/Queen of England as head of state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

lol
    What I mean was that we still had the King/Queen of England as head of state

No, Seán T O'Kelly was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i understand the queen gave kate a trip to paris and a mercedes as a wedding present

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

can't believe that people on here are calling Prince Philip a legend. the man is a ignorant pig who looks down on people like there sh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

i understand the queen gave kate a trip to paris and a mercedes as a wedding present

Wow! wish i could get that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Classic

ahh,bless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

who?

I hate these posts, Someone starts a thread about someone that 99% of the population would know, The other 1% being people who have never watched a television nor read a paper in their entire life. Yet they have to appear better than everyone else by pretending not to know who the person is.

You know who prince philip is your post isn't funny, Shut up.

No, Seán T O'Kelly was.

your right actually :o .. nonetheless we were part of the Commonwealth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    can't believe that people on here are calling Prince Philip a legend. the man is a ignorant pig who looks down on people like there sh!t.

Yes the man is a racist bigot but then again most of his generation was in some form in the "I am not a racist but" role. At least he isn't colourless and PC false like most of modern society who say far worse behind closed doors.

• Advertisement

RobitTV wrote: »
    Wow! wish i could get that :eek:

get Harry's number! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Yes the man is a racist bigot but then again most of his generation was in some form in the "I am not a racist but" role. At least he isn't colourless and PC false like most of modern society who say far worse behind closed doors.

dont care , the man is an ignorant pig. his no where near a legend. and his wife seems like a grumpy auld cow too.

your right actually :o .. nonetheless we were part of the Commonwealth

Only due to De Valera's bizarre insistence.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    :eek: Another thread :eek:

Only matter of time before AH is renamed AH UK

I always thought that Ah is that corner of the interweb that is forever England.

Copyright Q-bert Brooke

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He's like a child let do what they like. We're all so used to editing ourselves, it does come as some relief to see some gobsheen who doesn't feel that way. It also pisses us off too. Mainly cos any rebellion agin that seems newsworthy when we know its really not. I reckon it['s down t our notion of childhood. And I have to disagree with Mr. Christ of 1 Galilee Drive when is says - "Out of the mouth of babes comes"... wisdom or some such. Eh no. Usually out of the mouth of babes comes shíte, but occasionally it's funny in the "morons' say the funniest things" kinda way.

Or something... I come to you well beered up. I blame the drink.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Nobody has said up the ra yet and we're 9 posts in . . . :rolleyes:
    up the ra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Interestingly, while loads of people in this thread have claimed, without evidence, that the British royal wedding generates a fortune for Britain, in the 'Business This Week' section of Friday's Irish Times, they report that while the British economy will make over £600 million from the royal wedding it will lose over £6 billion because of lower productivity.

In other words: in reality, the British economy is losing billions because of this royal wedding, not gaining billions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

That is strange. What are they like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I would love to have a few brandy and ports with Phillip. I'd say the craic out of him would be 90.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Dionysus wrote: »
    in reality, the British economy is losing billions because of this royal wedding, not gaining billions.

Correct, but you could say the same for Paddy's Day in Ireland, which is a net loss for us monetarily if the day falls on a weekday. But it's a deep-rooted part of our culture so we have to make way for it.

The Queen's visit to Ireland is also net loss for us, an event that the Gardaí can't even afford, and we certainly don't have the resouces to keep the city under control in the event of rioting like in 2006.

At least with Obama's visit, it will get worldwide exposure, and the US Secret Service can manage the bulk of security. They have experience bringing former Presidents to Ireland. Britain doesn't, and there is a high chance that there will be a bombing somewhere on the island when she's here. Something we could do without.

• Site Banned Posts: 124 ✭✭The Queen of England

He's crap in bed.

Hasn't been able to get it up since 1964.

Funny fucker, though.

Queeny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Dionysus wrote: »
    Interestingly, while loads of people in this thread have claimed, without evidence, that the British royal wedding generates a fortune for Britain, in the 'Business This Week' section of Friday's Irish Times, they report that while the British economy will make over £600 million from the royal wedding it will lose over £6 billion because of lower productivity.

In other words: in reality, the British economy is losing billions because of this royal wedding, not gaining billions.

Bit basic maths there to suggest that 6 bilion quid has suddenly dissapeared because of one days less of a work week. Whatever production might have been dues to happen yesterday is still going to happen, it just didn't happen yesterday. However many million people went and took advantage of the 11 day holiday will come back next week pretty happy with their time off and why should they not then be more productive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i fcuking hate that ignoramaus ignorant ****...Your right what you say about him he looks on anyone outside the royal familey as pesants :mad::eek:
    how will your brain be when your 90 years old?...its not working that well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yes the man is a racist bigot but then again most of his generation was in some form in the "I am not a racist but" role.
    At least he isn't colourless and PC false like most of modern society who say far worse behind closed doors.

At least he isn't p.c...... = at least he isn't non racist.
    Erm, ok dude. He's got that going for him alright, what a CHARACTER!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

The-Rigger wrote: »
    At least he isn't p.c...... = at least he isn't non racist.
    Erm, ok dude. He's got that going for him alright, what a CHARACTER!

i do think he's a bit of a character myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Personally, and I have no shame in saying so, I thought the Wedding was beautiful. Kate looked stunning imo. I thought her dress was perfect. And William was very handsome in his uniform.

It was wonderful to see such a happy event when there is so much doom and gloom going in the world.

Congratulations to Will and Kate and I wish them a long and happy life together.

To all those who spent the wedding bitching about and slagging everything and everyone, I have to ask why you bothered watching it at all?

If it offened you that much why couldn't you have just changed the channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Personally, and I have no shame in saying so, I thought the Wedding was beautiful. Kate looked stunning imo. I thought her dress was perfect. And William was very handsome in his uniform.

It was wonderful to see such a happy event when there is so much doom and gloom going in the world.

Congratulations to Will and Kate and I wish them a long and happy life together.

To all those who spent the wedding bitching about and slagging everything and everyone, I have to ask why you bothered watching it at all?

If it offened you that much why couldn't you have just changed the channel?

You are the only person that has spoke sense on here!

100% Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Don't you have news to report?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Don't you have news to report?

Who me?

Advertisement