Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I see Parcel Motel has opened up at Texaco on the Davis Road! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

Has anyone heard of anymore information regarding the Next store, guineys and tk maxx stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ami1989 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of anymore information regarding the Next store, guineys and tk maxx stores?

Next is planning to go where Menarys was as far as I know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ami1989 wrote: »

Guineys is going in where Fitzgerald and Nash used to be in Irishtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I don't know about Next going in where Menary's was. That building is for sale now. There are big signs in the windows advertising it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

snipey wrote: »
    I hear George is launching his new book in the Stone House next week,don't know what he called this book, i heard it was something like " I Saw God In A Cornflake"
    no a friend of mine rang the publisher and asked them and they said that is not the title

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

LoveCoke wrote: »
    no a friend of mine rang the publisher and asked them and they said that is not the title

"God saw me in a Cornflake" perhaps?

touts wrote: »
    "God saw me in a Cornflake" perhaps?
    George created man in his own image?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

A new book.. The question is why? Complete waste of a perfectly good tree.

He was on Tipp FM. I did not hear it all but he said he does not own the car someone was complaining he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Thats even worse.
    He is swanning around in an english registered Jag which he is either leasing or it belongs to the Mordaunt Group.
    He is selling a nice 2007 Kia Cee'd at the moment.
    Why can't he drive that or something similar ?

Vizzy wrote: »
    Thats even worse.
    He is swanning around in an english registered Jag which he is either leasing or it belongs to the Mordaunt Group.
    He is selling a nice 2007 Kia Cee'd at the moment.
    Why can't he drive that or something similar ?
    listen to the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

i listened to it,he's full of it,he didn't get one good comment from the listenership,he's reaping what he sowed,and he's still charging way over the odds for his imported cars.

i listened to it,he's full of it,he didn't get one good comment from the listenership,he's reaping what he sowed,and he's still charging way over the odds for his imported cars.
    what did you make of his comment re the car. He said he needs to have a top of range one to allow test drives.What cars does he import?

He would say that,did you hear him talking about the pregnant girl that he left go,and the man in wexford that was going to hang himself,

He would say that,did you hear him talking about the pregnant girl that he left go,and the man in wexford that was going to hang himself,
    yes i did. he said the gardai are investigating and are sending a file to the DPP. He would hardly say that if it was not true
    And yes heard re Wexford man too
    and he does not recognse the tribunal she took him to

it will be interesting to see the result of that case,i wonder will he turn up this time,"in his english regged company car"

it will be interesting to see the result of that case,i wonder will he turn up this time,"in his english regged company car"
    he said the registration is now under the NCT people. Are business people say who like him claim to have it for show use allowed to have an english reg? I do not know the rules about english reg
    it will be interesting to see the result of that case
    indeed but it must be in motion or he could not say it on air

you have to register an english reg within 24 hours of having it in the country

even if it is a display or whatever he calls it. i am just curious if there is some loophole no one knows of
    Its a jag? What colour?

• Advertisement

Ok,I listened to the first 14 minutes of the interview.
    I am almost physically sick after the sh1te that he is spouting.
    "You need to decide what you need to do to fix your own situation.That might mean handing back the keys to your house.It might mean that you need to downsize"

Easy for you George when you live in your mansion worth €1m+ and you don't recognise a legally constituted tribunal.
    Does he recognise Revenue ?
    VAT ? or does this just not suit either.

What is extremely sad is that he is so revered by half the country and yet he is exactly the same as the "English Car dealers" that he warns about in the interview (loads of jewellery and crocodile shoes).To quote himself "real geezers".

i forget what colour it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

I believe the rules are different if you are a car dealer. Look at the second hand car lots around Clonmel, you'll see cars with registration plates that say "2010" or "BMW".

These are imports not yet registered.

cml387 wrote: »
    I believe the rules are different if you are a car dealer. Look at the second hand car lots around Clonmel, you'll see cars with registration plates that say "2010" or "BMW".

These are imports not yet registered.

Except if you try to drive around with "2010" or "BMW" as a plate the car would be seized on you.
    You are correct,though,they are imports which are not registered yet.It allows the dealer a bit of leeway to sell the car.
    George however is driving around in an English registered car for months.

I didn't hear this interview, but I did hear the one he did with Pat Kenny. He was advising business people to close the business down and tell their staff that they can't afford redundancy, but inform them how to go about getting it from the State. Then re open the business again, taking back on only the best workers, at a lower rate of pay, Charming!

Except if you try to drive around with "2010" or "BMW" as a plate the car would be seized on you.
    You are correct,though,they are imports which are not registered yet.It allows the dealer a bit of leeway to sell the car.
    George however is driving around in an English registered car for months.
    and what if the dealer drives it on a uk reg before it is sold? Can he?

what he claims is :its a company car. he is an employee driving it. that is different to if you or he bought it. it is still in ownership of the company as a car for sale. can you test drive a uk plate car here

I didn't hear this interview, but I did hear the one he did with Pat Kenny. He was advising business people to close the business down and tell their staff that they can't afford redundancy, but inform them how to go about getting it from the State. Then re open the business again, taking back on only the best workers, at a lower rate of pay, Charming!
    you can still listen...if you want

George?

his car?

What is wrong with crocodile shoes?

LoveCoke wrote: »
    and what if the dealer drives it on a uk reg before it is sold? Can he?

what he claims is :its a company car. he is an employee driving it. that is different to if you or he bought it. it is still in ownership of the company as a car for sale. can you test drive a uk plate car here

Not sure of all the intricacies of registering an English car but as Snipey says above a private individual has to register the car within 24 hours or risk seizure(I presume that if you were actually caught driving an English reg you would probably be OK for a few days,maybe a week)
    I would suspect that a dealer would be allowed to drive on "garage plates" but I don't think he would do this indefinitely.
    Open to correction but as far as I know it is illegal to drive on English plates in Ireland(same as it is illegal to drive on Irish plates in England)
    Put it this way,if I was a car dealer who was importing English cars and taking the English plates off them immediately,I would not be impressed if a competitor in the same town was flouting the law by driving on English plates for months.
    Even if it is not illegal it gives the impression of "pulling a fast one"

• Advertisement

Not sure of all the intricacies of registering an English car but as Snipey says above a private individual has to register the car within 24 hours or risk seizure(I presume that if you were actually caught driving an English reg you would probably be OK for a few days,maybe a week)
    I would suspect that a dealer would be allowed to drive on "garage plates" but I don't think he would do this indefinitely.
    Open to correction but as far as I know it is illegal to drive on English plates in Ireland(same as it is illegal to drive on Irish plates in England)
    Put it this way,if I was a car dealer who was importing English cars and taking the English plates off them immediately,I would not be impressed if a competitor in the same town was flouting the law by driving on English plates for months.
    Even if it is not illegal it gives the impression of "pulling a fast one"
    Any car dealer that does not put a price on his cars is breaking the law too

Advertisement