Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Oh go on so your forgiven ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ccheidi wrote: »
    Oh go on so your forgiven ;)

No, we must burn DT100 at the stake as a warning to all other posters! Demon be gone! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Would be a nice spot for Chez Hans if the rumours are to be believed. Sad to see it closed, it was an excellent spot and one of the few remaining " non Indian or Chinese " Even though I've not been to The Stonehouse, I've heard it very expensive and with the current climate I can't afford expensive :(

The early bird is 3 courses for €29.99 which is exceptional value I think. The food is great and the service is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Meathlass wrote: »
    The early bird is 3 courses for €29.99 which is exceptional value I think. The food is great and the service is fantastic.

Dinner for two with wine costs about the same as Befani's but I think the food is a lot better. I don't eat out very often due to lack of funds but when I do I want good food. I think the food in the Stonehouse is by far the best in Clonmel.

Oh, and I'm not connected with it in any way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

tinyk68 wrote: »
    Dinner for two with wine costs about the same as Befani's but I think the food is a lot better. I don't eat out very often due to lack of funds but when I do I want good food. I think the food in the Stonehouse is by far the best in Clonmel.

Oh, and I'm not connected with it in any way :)

Fully agree with you by far and away streets ahead of other restaurants in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

In Planet playground today,under new management...an improvement i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

copy1 wrote: »

How is it improved? Havent been there in ages!

Had Sunday lunch in Raheen House recently. Approx €25 a head, 4 courses plus wine. Couldn't find fault with anything!Service and food top notch. Good honest food.I don't know what they're like for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

copy1 wrote: »

Hopefully the new owners won't be as stingy with the heat a the last ones.
    I found the the last people overcrowded the place so much, on busy weekend days, that it was actually quite dangerous. A max capacity should be introduced. I left a few times after about 15 minutes when my little daughter was nearly trampled!

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    Hopefully the new owners won't be as stingy with the heat a the last ones.
    I found the the last people overcrowded the place so much, on busy weekend days, that it was actually quite dangerous. A max capacity should be introduced. I left a few times after about 15 minutes when my little daughter was nearly trampled!

Hopefully they do well,good few in there ah to be a kid again:)...have to say grub was nice.Anyone know who has it?

• Advertisement

Ccheidi wrote: »
    How is it improved? Havent been there in ages!

I just taught they have cleaned it up a fair deal,and staff were very very friendly with my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Had Sunday lunch in Raheen House recently. Approx €25 a head, 4 courses plus wine. Couldn't find fault with anything!Service and food top notch. Good honest food.I don't know what they're like for dinner.

Good to see you give Raheen House a plug, Mark and his staff are some of the most genuine people you could meet. They are working very hard to make a success out of the place and as they are only tenants they have to pay rent. I'm in business in town and it's a great place even just to have an afternoon coffee with a business colleague or a quiet chat with a friend they are so friendly they just love to see you coming. Mark is a professional to his fingertips and no matter how busy he is if you want to chat with him he will be delighted. Lovely grounds also.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

Xenophile wrote: »
    Good to see you give Raheen House a plug, Mark and his staff are some of the most genuine people you could meet. They are working very hard to make a success out of the place and as they are only tenants they have to pay rent. I'm in business in town and it's a great place even just to have an afternoon coffee with a business colleague or a quiet chat with a friend they are so friendly they just love to see you coming. Mark is a professional to his fingertips and no matter how busy he is if you want to chat with him he will be delighted. Lovely grounds also.

It can be a very nice place to eat but the only word of warning I would give is ask them if there is a party/disco in the function room on the evening of your meal. If there is you won't be able to hear yourself think in the dining room let alone talk to your otherhalf. The most unplesant dining experience I ever had was there at the same time as a 21st next door. Our ears were ringing but the staff could do nothing about it. They couldn't even give us a discount. Needless to say we did not stay for desert or coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Xenophile wrote: »
    Mark and his staff are some of the most genuine people you could meet. They are working very hard to make a success out of the place . .........
    ........ Mark is a professional to his fingertips and no matter how busy he is if you want to chat with him he will be delighted. Lovely grounds also.

+1 on this - Mark is a thoroughly nice guy and is doing a good job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

that might be a good thing not been able to hear your other half,i must go there for a meal.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Has Guiney's opened yet please ?
    I'm out of town and didn't pay attention last time I went.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Has Guiney's opened yet please ?
    I'm out of town and didn't pay attention last time I went.
    Thanks

Not yet. I think they're waiting for planning permission.

Thanks. Drove by today, the place looks unchanged, and the "for lease" sign is still on. :(
    Hoping it'll happen for real, I like Guiney's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Thanks. Drove by today, the place looks unchanged, and the "for lease" sign is still on. :(

I saw that but there is also planning notices up on the window so probably laziness is the reason the for sale sign is still up.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Guineys is going ahead the internal works are happening at the moment,

• Advertisement

Weeeeee......... better start saving !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Royco wrote: »

Where dis?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Two shops closed at Showgrounds. is that recent or are they closed a while. one was a place for mums to be and the other is beside it

Paco on O'Connell Street have a closing down sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭niamhg13

where is guineys supposed to opening in Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

niamhg13 wrote: »
    In the old Fitzgerald and Nash building in Irishtown I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

niamhg13 wrote: »

yes its going into Fitzgerald and Nash building in Irishtown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Royco wrote: »

Internal works?

I get the impression (from Guiney's store in Waterford) that they just stand at the door and throw in all the stock.

cml387 wrote: »
    Internal works?

I get the impression (from Guiney's store in Waterford) that they just stand at the door and throw in all the stock.

That building is prone to flooding, so I'd imagine they have to raise the floor level a few feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Folks,

I've been meaning to ask this question as it's been bugging me for a long time. What was the name of the music shop on Market Street/Square? It's now the Book Market and is beside Superquinn, opposite the café/coffee shop. I recall it being coloured black with some grey. Something about "records" or "music" in the title.

Advertisement