Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Two other pubs re-opening in town that I heard at the weekend

Magners - to be called Fozzys (I may be wrong on the name)
    Brennans - to be called Shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Two other pubs re-opening in town that I heard at the weekend

Magners - to be called Fozzys (I may be wrong on the name)
    Brennans - to be called Shenanigans

Fozzys already opened
    AND VJ's is being renamed Shenanigans by the guy who used to run the Harp
    The Office supposed to be call FRIENDS
    Shame Ma Ryans in Irishtown never re opened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Moving to the area and hoping to find a female doctor pretty quickly. Will be between Cahir and Clonmel so either town fine. Can anyone recommend anyone who is accepting patients? Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    Moving to the area and hoping to find a female doctor pretty quickly. Will be between Cahir and Clonmel so either town fine. Can anyone recommend anyone who is accepting patients? Thanks! :)

Don't know if I could recommend a doctor, its very subjective (though I'm very happy with mine) but perhaps a visit to local chemists, there's loads of them in Clonmel, ask them some questions and that might point you in the right direction. Just a thought.

Dewdropdeb wrote: »

Western house medical centre clonmel across from hospital has a large range of doctors and nurses, pretty sure you'll get sorted here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Royco wrote: »
    Western house medical centre clonmel across from hospital has a large range of doctors and nurses, pretty sure you'll get sorted here

I would endorse your comments.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Laurence Sterne (24 November 1713 – 18 March 1768) was an Anglo-Irish novelist and an Anglican clergyman. He is best known for his novels The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman, and A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy; but he also published many sermons, wrote memoirs, and was involved in local politics. Sterne died in London after years of fighting consumption.

Laurence Sterne was born 24 November 1713 in Clonmel, County Tipperary. His father, Roger Sterne, was an Ensign in a British regiment recently returned from Dunkirk. Roger's regiment was disbanded on the day of Sterne’s birth, and within six months the family had returned to Yorkshire in northern England. In July 1715, the family moved back to Ireland, having "decamped with Bag & Baggage for Dublin", in Sterne's words.[1]

The first decade of Sterne’s life was spent moving from place to place as his father was reassigned throughout Ireland. During this period Sterne never lived in one place for more than a year. In addition to Clonmel and Dublin, his family also lived in, among other places

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

Xenophile....are you ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

cml387 wrote: »
    Xenophile....are you ok?

Is this a brape???

Most people familiar with the N24 know that this road is in serious need of an upgrade.

Is there any traffic volume sensor on the Cahir road anyway near Barne, as there are no housing estates in this area it would give a very accurate reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Xenophile, you should probably get to western house quick for a checkup for RPV - random posting virus :P

Xenophile, you should probably get to western house quick for a checkup for RPV - random posting virus :P
    Your right there Johnny_adidas if Xenophile reads back a few posts he'll see my one about western house should get sorted there, think he's having an allergy reaction to horse.

So many off topic posts here lately, you risk having the thread closed down, well at the least the posters who abuse it being banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Here, here!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Fozzys already opened
    AND VJ's is being renamed Shenanigans by the guy who used to run the Harp
    The Office supposed to be call FRIENDS
    Shame Ma Ryans in Irishtown never re opened

Friends and Fozzys both open - was in Friends on Friday night - strange with the members sign on the front though and 2 blokes on the door a la Phoenix Nights!! Nice on the inside though....

Shenanigans should get a good following from the Harp - Paul from Ma Ryans now running the bar in the new dog track - shame though that the pub did not open though as enjoyed a few Sunday evening pints in there!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    strange with the members sign on the front though and 2 blokes on the door a la Phoenix Nights!!
    what does this mean please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭klose

I was in friends sunday night for one to check it out to see what its likes, very small and was jammers so left fairly lively so cant give a fair reflection of whats its like, having two lads on the door was odd to see. I heard theres some sign regarding members, didnt see it myself but its odd to hear, wonder what it entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

klose wrote: »
    I was in friends sunday night for one to check it out to see what its likes, very small and was jammers so left fairly lively so cant give a fair reflection of whats its like, having two lads on the door was odd to see. I heard theres some sign regarding members, didnt see it myself but its odd to hear, wonder what it entails.

Years ago pubs could use the members only thing if there was someone they wanted to refuse at the door. The only time I ever seen it being used though was to refuse travellers admission.

This new pub probably has something completely different in mind though. I've not yet been in there but I intend calling in for a pint in the next week or so, was a bit too busy this weekend.

As for 2 on the door, isn't that common practice nowadays? Most pubs I've ever been in had 2 bouncers at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

These days,pubs are lucky enough to have 2 customers,never mind 2 fellas standing at the door:D.....I saw a facebook logo near that members sign...would it be something like that,I wonder?

Friends bar are doing membership which means you subscribe a yearly fee and you produce your membership card everytime you buy a drink and you get it at a reduced price, this is what I was told by someone working there haven't been in myself yet, but its not just for members on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Friends bar are doing membership which means you subscribe a yearly fee and you produce your membership card everytime you buy a drink and you get it at a reduced price, this is what I was told by someone working there haven't been in myself yet, but its not just for members on

Good Idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

I see work is progressing on Supermac's next Tesco. the Steel structure is almost complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Is that the old Glanbia place? Actually haven't noticed any works going on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

It's at the back of the site, hard to see it from the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

hi folks,

does anyone know where i can buy candles with holders and non scented if possible?

hi folks,

does anyone know where i can buy candles with holders and non scented if possible?

Hi since this clonmel thread assume you from area? Try Allens in o Connell street as should have what you looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Ccheidi wrote: »
    Hi since this clonmel thread assume you from area? Try Allens in o Connell street as should have what you looking for!

Sorry yeah i live in clonmel. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

smiler_lady150

On the plain candles what quantity are you looking for? Their is a trade only supplier in Cahir however he will only supply if ordering decent quantity?

Tesco's or dunnes hardware in oakville more options! Really when you think about it not a whole lot of choice apart from smelly candles! Good luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Got to say that Clonmel looked great yesterday for the Ray 5K. Well organised, crowd in good form, plenty of support on the road and great craic. Really showed the town off well and a good buzz about the place. I loved it.

Advertisement