Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

smiler_lady150

On the plain candles what quantity are you looking for? Their is a trade only supplier in Cahir however he will only supply if ordering decent quantity?

I'm looking for a few of them, about 5 or 6 depending on the sizes.
    Ccheidi wrote: »
    Tesco's or dunnes hardware in oakville more options! Really when you think about it not a whole lot of choice apart from smelly candles! Good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I see Sherwoods on Gladstone street are having a closing down sale.I was driving by,didnt get a chance to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

not a great sale,yer man running that place will be missed,he knows his stuff and was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

I see on face book Planet Play ground is changing hands, well I'M a regular user of coffee shops in town and have to say the coffee shop at planet play ground used to be one of the best value in town but was terrible over the last 12 months, hopefully the new owners will make it good again, Dont know much about the play ground part of it, but must be a good business its there a while now and holding the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Cerbera wrote: »
    Is the Mayfair still closed?

Passed last night and it has all the signs of opening again very soon.
    Best of luck to whoever has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Now open again this evening doing fish and chips etc - might pop in there later

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Is it the same people back in the Mayfair or someone else this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Anyone know of a good dog groomer in Clonmel?

Yep.
    Go up to the petshop in the Ard Gaoithe Business Park (near Abbott)
    and ask for Debbie.
    Sorry,I had her number but lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Southview vets have someone, I think, and there's a girl at the Old Spa Road that does dog grooming (or there was). Not sure if good or bad though. Check out both vets or dog kennels, they might be able to recommend someone.

• Advertisement

AK333 wrote: »
    Southview vets have someone, I think, and there's a girl at the Old Spa Road that does dog grooming (or there was). Not sure if good or bad though. Check out both vets or dog kennels, they might be able to recommend someone.

^^^^^^
    Thats Debbie

Vizzy wrote: »
    Yep.
    Go up to the petshop in the Ard Gaoithe Business Park (near Abbott)
    and ask for Debbie.
    Sorry,I had her number but lost it.

Didn't that Petshop move to beside O'Keeffe's furniture on the Davis Road? But yes, I believe they are quite good.

Didn't that Petshop move to beside O'Keeffe's furniture on the Davis Road? But yes, I believe they are quite good.

Did they ?
    Its been a while since I was up there.

Vizzy wrote: »
    Did they ?
    Its been a while since I was up there.

Yeah they have, its Pet Planet I think. I was in there about 2 months ago for kitten supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Tonight there is a charity white collar boxing show on in aid of a local lad who has a serious neurological disorder called Type 1 Arnold Chairi Malformation and Syringomelia. It is a progressive disorder which effects and slowly destroys the spinal nerves.

The event is being run by a local Thai Boxing club 'Courage Thai' based in clonmel who train out of the Pat O'Callaghan sports complex.

The show is being held at the Clonmel Park Hotel tonight (30th March) with doors opening at 6:30pm. First fight kicks off around 7:30.

Limited amount of tickets are still available on the door at €20 per person

I myself am stepping into the ring after 12 weeks of boxing training. It has been a great few weeks, making new friends, and to my suprise over 2 stone in weight.

Come along for a great evenings entertainment...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MainGuard

I can recommend Debbie for dog grooming too. Pet Planet moved to the Davis Road last year and Debbie is still there doing grooming, had my own dog with her a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Did anyone see members of the traveling community racing their sulkys on the inner relief road (bypass) between Tesco and the race track on Saturday last at about 4pm? They had following vehicles blocking the road and many lads hanging out of the vans/cars with video cameras/mobile fones filming it - they then did a u-turn on the road.

dedocdude wrote: »
    Did anyone see members of the traveling community racing their sulkys on the inner relief road (bypass) between Tesco and the race track on Saturday last at about 4pm? They had following vehicles blocking the road and many lads hanging out of the vans/cars with video cameras/mobile fones filming it - they then did a u-turn on the road.

I hope you called the guards - what you're describing is downright dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I hope you called the guards - what you're describing is downright dangerous

Law doesn't seem to apply to them.

I was driving out the Cahir Road and a ten year old pulled out from in front of a van that was parked on the hard shoulder, had to slam the breaks and swerve to avoid hitting him.

He just looked at me and smiled, I swear I'd of plowed straight through him only for I didn't want to hurt the horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Its great for the town that the Travellers are doing their bit to promote sport. Fair play to them, Maybe they will make Sulkie Racing an Olympic sport again and then those Gold medals will be heading back to Clonmel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Willmunny1990 banned

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

did you call the gardai?

@AK333 @LoveCoke - I did. They said they would send a car over that direction -

I was passing thru the area coming from Limerick area and headed for Waterford area so unsure if these lads had the highway code read to them. I have just taken delivery of a handy little dash-cam but had not fitted it yet - typical! Would have made for entertaining viewing let me tell you.

charlemont wrote: »
    Maybe they will make Sulkie Racing an Olympic sport again

I wasn't aware Sulkie Racing was previously an Olympic sport.

@AK333 @LoveCoke - I did. They said they would send a car over that direction -

I was passing thru the area coming from Limerick area and headed for Waterford area so unsure if these lads had the highway code read to them. I have just taken delivery of a handy little dash-cam but had not fitted it yet - typical! Would have made for entertaining viewing let me tell you.
    sorry off topic but what is your dashcam, is it expensive.? Well done for calling the gardai you did all you could

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

What a load of boll0cks.

Someone speaks out and gets a ban.

It easy to see why, despite it being a busy site, this place is so fu(ked up.

I appreciate I'm about to get a ban, possibly a permanent one, so at least I'll have had the chance to speak up and say that the longer people keep pandering to the "politically correct" bullsh!t that says we can't ever speak out about the wrongs that the travelling community, or indeed anyone else who are described as a minority or similar, does then the longer we'll have to tolerate the blatant breaking of the law in cases like this.

If this were you or I from the settled community who took over a road and raced our horses on it we would be hit with the full force of the law and wouldn't get the support of the local clergy, the support of someone similar to pavee point, the support of the likes of the V de P, etc when we got our day in court and were on our merry way to a jail cell.

We, unlike the travellers who were racing in Clonmel, are not a minority group and therefore it seems that if break the law we will have to hear all about it but if it's the travellers who break the law then we must stand back and not say it in public in case we are seen to be "racist".

Boll0cks.

If someone breaks the law we are still able to speak up and say so regardless of who they are.

Anyhow, now that I've said my piece I know that the heavies are coming for me because they "think" it's the right thing to do so I'll say bye.

:)

Cerbera wrote: »

If this were you or I from the settled community who took over a road and raced our horses on it we would be hit with the full force of the law and wouldn't get the support of the local clergy, the support of someone similar to pavee point, the support of the likes of the V de P, etc when we got our day in court and were on our merry way to a jail cell.
    i am sure if the garda caught them they would go to court, they did that time in ..Cork I think it was?

there are lots of settled get support from vdp/free legal aid etc and are in court every week too. That is not to make excuse for the act of causing danger on the road, but it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,445 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Clareman wrote: »
    Willmunny1990 banned

Jesus Christ c'mon. . . . .

LoveCoke wrote: »
    sorry off topic but what is your dashcam, is it expensive.? Well done for calling the gardai you did all you could

its called an HD 808 keychain camera (many iterations of the thing exist but this one is #16 - the higher the number the more advanced it is) - you will find them on ebay and if you search on youtube you will see footage examples quality is super considering the size of the device and the price is very inexpensive - lots of lads using them now as dash cameras or helmet camera for bikers/cyclists - so much messing on the roads these days that could be a handy little item to pick up.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ c'mon. . . . .

i didn't want to start a riot here, just asking if anyone by chance had seen this happen as it was pretty dangerous stuff and being bank holiday in a large town, very busy on the road at the time. just speaking on this particular incident and not perceived behaviors/generalizations on the section of society in question here.

Advertisement