Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Normally if someone questions a mods actions on thread it will result in further bans/infractions, but as this forum is 1 of the easiest forums on boards to moderate and had an awful lot of intelligent posters who debate issues correctly and in an adult fashion I am going to explain what I did and why, I won't get into a debate on it and any more questioning of my actions on thread will lead to bans, if you want to discuss it further with me please feel free to take it to PM.

The user in question did not discuss the actions on the road the other day, they seemed more intent to discuss the whole group of people
    Disgusting people, disgusting behavior and disgusting culture.
    It's a pity stealing and animal cruelty aren't Olympic sports.

The Knackers would have the Gold medals flooding into Clonmel then.

I do not believe that comments like this have a place in any proper discussion forum.

I was very lenient with the ban and only banned for a day, this was due to the fact that this is a very good discussion area and the poster in question seems to have had an issue in the past with members of the travelling community which may have led to "emotional" posting so some time to cool off would be warranted.

As I said this will be the only public comment I will be making on this, if you want to discuss it further take it to PM, and remember that a lot of other mods wouldn't be posting like this, they would simply be banning people for calling out on thread, if in the future you have an issue with a mods actions, PM them.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Clareman
    Very fair and decent reasoning, now back to Clonmel topics.

AD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Cerbera wrote: »
    Is it the same people back in the Mayfair or someone else this time?

its a new crowd - had some stuff from there the other night, very nice, a big improvement on the lads who had it before. This lot know what they are at. Best of luck to them !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

RobAMerc wrote: »
    its a new crowd - had some stuff from there the other night, very nice, a big improvement on the lads who had it before. This lot know what they are at. Best of luck to them !

Will they still be doing the "Square Fish"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dedocdude wrote: »
    i didn't want to start a riot here, just asking if anyone by chance had seen this happen as it was pretty dangerous stuff and being bank holiday in a large town, very busy on the road at the time. just speaking on this particular incident and not perceived behaviors/generalizations on the section of society in question here.

I was saying that in regards to the banning of willmunny1990.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Some bad news today. A well known Clonmel restaurant closed its doors today. Confirmed by someone who worked there. Unsure if I'm allowed say which restaurant on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Some bad news today. A well known Clonmel restaurant closed its doors today. Confirmed by someone who worked there. Unsure if I'm allowed say which restaurant on here.

It might be helpful to name them in case people have communions/functions booked there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Unless there has been an official announcement by the business on a public website please refrain from naming them, saying a business is in trouble/closing can have a very negative effect on their business as customers would be hesitant on using their services if they thoughts they wouldn't be available, e.g. you wouldn't pay a deposit to book a hotel for your wedding next summer if you thought it was closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

What makes you think Marians has closed?
    They do great trade, they get just about every parent in the county referred to them!
    Would be massively shocked if they were closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Anybody see any BarnOwls around the clonmel area as i'm involved in a national survey with John Lusby from Bird Watch Ireland if you have any sightings would you please pm me.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

anyone know if said restaurant was open this evening? or see one closed that shouldn't be?

I removed Debbies number from the above post as I don't know if she wants her mobile in public forums (spam thrawlers are known to scavange numbers from forums like this), feel free to PM it though to each other, or if there's another website with it on please share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

snipey wrote: »
    Anybody see any BarnOwls around the clonmel area as i'm involved in a national survey with John Lusby from Bird Watch Ireland if you have any sightings would you please pm me.Thanks.

Seen some on a semi regular basis near where the Apple camping and caravan park is. Have also seen one near the Cahir road roundabout at dusk.

From my own experience,( and I have mentioned this in the Nature and Birdwatching forum here on Boards) a helpful way to find locations where barn owls may be spotted is to look for areas that have a regular and very visible kestrel presence during the day. Their diets are very similar and if the location has a rich enough food supply to have a kestrel there on a daily basis, then chances are the same location will attract the attention of any local barn owl if one is in the area. Have found this method to work very well in and around Limerick.

You could also pop up a post in the Nature and Birdwatching forum to see if anyone else there could help you out. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folk in the forum, and a lot of twitchers who would be out and about daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Thank's Kess,i know of these owls at the apple farm, but which Cahir roundabout the one in cahir or clonmel,Thank's again for your reply.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

snipey wrote: »
    Thank's Kess,i know of these owls at the apple farm, but which Cahir roundabout the one in cahir or clonmel,Thank's again for your reply.:)

The one just outside Clonmel as you drive towards Limerick/Tipp Town.

Heard today that Chez Han's are supposed to be opening something Clonmel, nice little addition to the town if true

The "For Lease" sign is up on Mr Bumble's:(

Would any of you Clonmel folk be able to tell me how long the walk by the river is, from Gashouse Bridge down to the bridge by Ferryhouse? I reckon it's about 2 miles?

Would any of you Clonmel folk be able to tell me how long the walk by the river is, from Gashouse Bridge down to the bridge by Ferryhouse? I reckon it's about 2 miles?

About right.

• Advertisement

Had dinner in the Stonehouse friday night, it was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

cml387 wrote: »
    About right.

The bridge over the river Anner was always known as the " the two mile bridge"......................so in "Euros" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........it's
    3.2 km.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Yep 2 miles indeed - great walk as well....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Saw that when walking past there earlier today and doors closed, hopefully someone will take the place over soon etc...

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Did I read here that someone thought Marions bookshop was closed. Utter nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Saw that when walking past there earlier today and doors closed, hopefully someone will take the place over soon etc...

Brgds
    Johnny

Would be a nice spot for Chez Hans if the rumours are to be believed. Sad to see it closed, it was an excellent spot and one of the few remaining " non Indian or Chinese " Even though I've not been to The Stonehouse, I've heard it very expensive and with the current climate I can't afford expensive :(

Damigos is another restraunt that is missed. Wonder will anything ever happen there again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Heard today that Chez Han's are supposed to be opening something Clonmel, nice little addition to the town if true

Nice food but if they do open up in Clonmel I hope they have a better way of handling people waiting for a table for lunch than leaving them sit in the toilet area for an hour as they do in Cashel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Sad to hear that. Was a good place for Sunday lunch especially with kids when you didn't want to bring them to a pub where the crowd would be split between people eating and lads on the batter watching a match.

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Yep 2 miles indeed - great walk as well....

Brgds
    Johnny

Thanks, Johnny and other repliers! I walked there last sunday and saw some fantastic birds, swan, heron, duck. Also saw 2 otters for the first time! Lovely walk. There were plenty of other walkers there. Along with a group of pony riders and some cyclists. Great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Did I read here that someone thought Marions bookshop was closed. Utter nonsense

I posted that,second hand information.I deleted the comment,not taking into account the reply in the next post.Hands up...but it will be first hand I post in future...The floor is open for the onslaught:D

Advertisement