Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Do not worry to much about any issues with the laptop installation if its corrupt on the laptop as long as you have a valid license then you can down the full version any time, link below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ie/buy/using-the-product-key-card-FX101853163.aspx

The Abbott redundancy is still rolling, their is a sting in the deal (their always is!) the max payout is 2.5 years service.

So while the 6 weeks company, plus 2 weeks statuary is an excellent offer the 2.5 years service really trims the benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The Abbott redundancy is still rolling, their is a sting in the deal (their always is!) the max payout is 2.5 years service.

So while the 6 weeks company, plus 2 weeks statuary is an excellent offer the 2.5 years service really trims the benefit.

That's true but most people I've been talking to are there 13 years or less. 13 years service gets you exactly 2 years service so it makes no difference,

Ah I got it now, so 13 X 8 weeks = 104weeks = 2 years. So those their the full length of operation since Guidant days will get 2 years salary.

I was reading it wrong.

Yeah its a fair deal, interesting to see what will happen in the final shake out. Also how will those on (or historically ever were) job sharing will fair out in the years service calculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don't know what the situation is for part time staff but I've got a feeling that its going to be calculated on what you earn now rather than in the past.
    I don't think it's fair that people in unaffected areas can't go voluntary, especially if the job requires only on the job training and no particular skill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Word on the street is that a new bar is opening where The Office bar used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

ciano1 wrote: »
    Word on the street is that a new bar is opening where The Office bar used to be!

Correct opening paddy's weekend going to be called Friends dont know who owner is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Royco wrote: »
    Correct opening paddy's weekend going to be called Friends dont know who owner is

Owned by John Higgins AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Gerry Brennans is opening as well seemingly it will be the new Harp and the Outback is re-opening there still must be alot to be made from the bar trade,Green shoots!!!;);)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hope it goes well, no pub ever seemed to last long there, which is crazy considering the location and it's a lead on spot to OK's.

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Hope it goes well, no pub ever seemed to last long there, which is crazy considering the location and it's a lead on spot to OK's.

That's what I was thinking myself! If it's run well it could make a killing!
    It's Higgins that's running it though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

That's what I was thinking myself! If it's run well it could make a killing!
    It's Higgins that's running it though....

Higgins isn't running it, he's leased it out. Don't know much about the new leasees but hope it goes well for them. Would be nice to have an alternative to Bakers before O'Keeffes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Remember when it was 'the jagged edge'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tippspur wrote: »

I do indeed. It was actually a really good live music spot back then, almost like a grungier devanes. The Office under its first incarnation was good, the second attempt spiraled out of control very quickly.

Meathlass wrote: »
    Higgins isn't running it, he's leased it out. Don't know much about the new leasees but hope it goes well for them. Would be nice to have an alternative to Bakers before O'Keeffes.

Ah, well in that case best of luck to them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Anyone have any idea what will happen to the Clonmel Arms now that John Nallen has bought it?? There is an opening for a good hotel in the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Deminiman wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what will happen to the Clonmel Arms now that John Nallen has bought it?? There is an opening for a good hotel in the town centre.

I didnt know he had, but thats great news if it means the hotel will open up again !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

tippspur wrote: »
    I remember it when it was Gerrard's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

cml387 wrote: »
    I remember it when it was Gerrard's :(

Gerards was never The Jagged Edge, it was beside it and preceded it. Beside Gerrards, there was Tom Casey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

I stand corrected. I knew it was near there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Deminiman wrote: »

Has he actually bought it? There is a rumour he did but then there is a rumour every so often that its sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

The Jagged Edge was Gerards do you not remember they put a bar in the squash court,two lads from tipp town are taking over the Office which is opening thursday next.

I see Dealz are advertising for staff for their new Clonmel store, wonder where it will be not o'connell mall i'd say as work stopped on that

Royco wrote: »
    I see Dealz are advertising for staff for their new Clonmel store, wonder where it will be not o'connell mall i'd say as work stopped on that

Where did you see that? :P

In signed up to jobrapido and its been popping up there a good but the last week.

yes its in jobrapido and on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Ah, well in that case best of luck to them! :D

Heard The Office opening this Thursday night and couple of lads from Tipp town opening - think that they are planning on trying to attract a younger crowd though??(ie 18-30)

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Heard The Office opening this Thursday night and couple of lads from Tipp town opening - think that they are planning on trying to attract a younger crowd though??(ie 18-30)

Makes sense, they're the ones with the most disposable income.

Makes sense, they're the ones with the most disposable income.

Unfortunately they're also the age group that's more likely to have a naggin of vodka in their bags.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately they're also the age group that's more likely to have a naggin of vodka in their bags.

Ah yes, the old 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin' :D

Advertisement