Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭whiteonblu

snipey wrote: »
    you should check him out on facebook he speaks alot of sence.
    that you george?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My God, I hate seeing all of this and not knowing the man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

poor man trying to get back on his feet,and he's repaying his debt's,and this is not george.

poor man trying to get back on his feet,and he's repaying his debt's,and this is not george.
    and that gives him the right to talk about people on the dole? what kind of car is he driving now

a jag. but it's paid for.i think!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

It may be paid mostly paid for but considering its not VRT'd its not fully paid for to be legal in this state

so why does he need a jag when he want the govt to redirect dole to people like him.Here is some of what he said

T
    here are many, many ways of taking people out of unemployment and, at the same time, enhancing or inducing the employer to do so. I’d gladly hire two people right now if I thought there was a way to ease them into our budgets over the next two years. One way to do this, he says, is to redirect an unemployed person’s dole money to a "sponsor company" after a defined period of time — say, 15 months — and that company would take on that person with 60% of their wages coming from social welfare and the balance from the employer.
    and why should people do that to put a jag under his arse
    This 60% social welfare could be phased out over two years, by which time the new employee would be fully salaried by the business. "We have achieved three things. We have taken somebody and put them into the workplace which is a very positive thing. We have eased the burden on the taxpayer because over a set or agreed period of time you’ve phased out the social welfare for that individual and phased in a full salary for that individual, with money that will be spent in the community. Then I, the employer, can be supported by getting an extra two or three percent on my Vat payments as a rebate if I keep my individual on my books for three years.
    he wants a rebate as well as people's dole
    "We have got to stop enabling all these people, sitting at home watching daytime TV and getting paid for it," Mr Mordaunt says, adding it’s not the people who find themselves on the couch that he blames — but the regime that keeps them in such a situation.
    he would prefer enable them to give him half their dole

Is he confident of a sea-change in such attitudes at official level? "I just don’t see it in [Social Protection Minister] Joan Burton’s office and in the people around her. They’re not ruthless enough and they’re not creative enough.
    ruthless? when the bank were ruthless with him he went crying about suicide
    The Mordaunt family business had three car showrooms in Clonmel, and another in Kilkenny, before the recession kicked in, and is now down to its original, core base on Clonmel’s Waterford Rd.
    and when there were rumours of failure he lied to the papers and radio
    With that paring-back of operations has come an inevitable loss of jobs but, according to Mr Mordaunt, such developments should not mean the end of the road for workers made redundant — as long as their expectations are realistic.
    why is his car not realistic
    "Every person I made redundant over the last four years who wanted to go back to work, went back to work. I’d say there are jobs, but you have to remove an element of pride because some people will still shy away from certain jobs, because they believe they’re beneath them.
    like he thinks any car but a jag is beneath him

He got himself in a mess with greed, cried and whinged and now wants people dole to invest in his garage which is one of his businesses

With all his talk i am told his showroom is quiet enough

my god you really hate him,your reply is very impressive,i'm starting to hate him myself,you should start some sort of cult.:):)

my god you really hate him,
    lol i would not say i hate him;)
    your reply is very impressive,
    takes a bow;)
    i'm starting to hate him myself,you should start some sort of cult.:):)
    we do not hate in my cult:D:D, would you like to join..

seriously look at my reply and what he said in the paper and then you may understand why so many people are annoyed. I wait for someone to call him on his BS in the media and the way the media suck up to him. i fear i may have to do it myself. Please someone call him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

whiteonblu wrote: »
    so why does he need a jag when he want the govt to redirect dole to people like him.Here is some of what he said

Tand why should people do that to put a jag under his arse
    he wants a rebate as well as people's dole
    he would prefer enable them to give him half their dole

ruthless? when the bank were ruthless with him he went crying about suicide

and when there were rumours of failure he lied to the papers and radio

why is his car not realistic
    like he thinks any car but a jag is beneath him

He got himself in a mess with greed, cried and whinged and now wants people dole to invest in his garage which is one of his businesses

With all his talk i am told his showroom is quiet enough
    Shur he thought eating Sheppards pie was beneath him aswel;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

alexmcred wrote: »
    It may be paid mostly paid for but considering its not VRT'd its not fully paid for to be legal in this state

Still not vrt'd?? God he's getting away with it for a long time now. He must have that yoke well over a year... If I had a uk reg I'd be done after a week. I wonder is he going the direction of other recent Irish business men seeking bankruptcy in the UK?

But be careful what ye say here lads. I'm sure Georgie is keeping an eye on things and is in and out of any thread he's mentioned in.

Oh and I'm not George :)

how do you know it is not VRT'd ?

Still not vrt'd?? God he's getting away with it for a long time now. He must have that yoke well over a year... If I had a uk reg I'd be done after a week. I wonder is he going the direction of other recent Irish business men seeking bankruptcy in the UK?

But be careful what ye say here lads.
    I'm sure Georgie is keeping an eye on things and is in and out of any thread he's mentioned in.

Oh and I'm not George :)
    why do you think we fear him? i understand now vrt relates to import? why should he get away wth that if the bankshave to answer to him

he definitely has someone in tv3 and today fm they seem to love him,and your correct on the vrt stuff,i only had a car for a week and i was told by the cops to get it reregestered so now i'm ye're side,where do i get a form for the cult.i'd say george does check board's so be careful,i think we should stop.

he definitely has someone in tv3 and today fm they seem to love him,and your correct on the vrt stuff,i only had a car for a week and i was told by the cops to get it reregestered so now i'm ye're side,where do i get a form for the cult.i'd say george does check board's so be careful,i think we should stop.[
    thought it was the revenue that deal with that.

tv3 and today fm are not journalists if they were they would ask him some real questions

tippspur wrote: »
    Shur he thought eating Sheppards pie was beneath him aswel;)
    and delivering mail

the cops got out of a van in a petrol station in cahir and started asking me about the car and how long i had it down south and then told me to get it reregistered so they must have the right to tell me that, i was'nt going to tell them to piss off:):):)

the cops got out of a van in a petrol station in cahir and started asking me about the car and how long i had it down south and then told me to get it reregistered so they must have the right to tell me that, i was'nt going to tell them to piss off:):):)
    you can ask them if they have that power without telling them piss off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

whiteonblu wrote: »
    how do you know it is not VRT'd ?

Because I saw him driving it last week

they kind of don't like been asked that kind of question because they think they have all the power,i was down in Gerry Brennans(vj's) on saturday night and there was a drug bust and i wasn't even near the intended targets and they were over asking me and another lad were we carrying any stuff just to show their power,by the way we didn't look like dealers only up there for a game of snooker,they should be a little more suttle.

• Advertisement

they kind of don't like been asked that kind of question because they think they have all the power,i was down in Gerry Brennans(vj's) on saturday night and there was a drug bust and i wasn't even near the intended targets and they were over asking me and another lad were we carrying any stuff just to show their power,by the way we didn't look like dealers only up there for a game of snooker,they should be a little more suttle.
    not to me

you must be a garda

you must be a garda
    I am not but they would not bully me. People are entitled to ask them questions solong as they do not abuse them

ya most of them are ok but you know yourself,why was i asked about my reg and yer man can drive around for the last yearand get away with it one law for the so called rich.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So back to the topic at hand, clonmel, is there any truth to the rumour there's an odeon cinema coming to clonmel?

ya most of them are ok but you know yourself,why was i asked about my reg and yer man can drive around for the last yearand get away with it one law for the so called rich.
    why not ask the garda

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

lockie1983 wrote: »
    So back to the topic at hand, clonmel, is there any truth to the rumour there's an odeon cinema coming to clonmel?

100% no

Cops done me a few years back for not VRT ing a car. They can stop you and question you about it and while they're doing that the other lad is usually on the phone to the local customs lad to come out and seize the car if warranted. Ive since iund iut they can do it without customs being there. Time I was caught I had the car a few days but they still took it off me. So yes the cops can take foreign registered cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

lockie1983 wrote: »

Doubt it. Unless they are taking over the Omniplex. With Netflix and Sky about to go to war providing on demand movies I can't see anyone getting a business plan passed by investors/bank for a new cinema and certainly not in a town that already has one.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    Doubt it. Unless they are taking over the Omniplex. With Netflix and Sky about to go to war providing on demand movies I can't see anyone getting a business plan passed by investors/bank for a new cinema and certainly not in a town that already has one.

There was to be a new cinema built down in the show grounds shopping centre but with that place in receivership I don't think it's gonna happen.

Advertisement