Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Bad accident on the N76 this morning just before the turn off for Carrick at Glenbower on the Clonmel side. The road was blocked at 8.20am with big tailbacks.

Meathlass wrote: »
    Bad accident on the N76 this morning just before the turn off for Carrick at Glenbower on the Clonmel side. The road was blocked at 8.20am with big tailbacks.

Ridiculous that NO gritting took place. All roads around Mullinahone, Killenaule, Drangan are lethal, so only drive if you have to.

Ridiculous that NO gritting took place. All roads around Mullinahone, Killenaule, Drangan are lethal, so only drive if you have to.

The main N76 did seem to be gritted; I had no problems driving on any of it.

A truck had toppled over into the ditch on that serious of bad bends; I hope the driver is ok. I had to go into Kilsheelin, Carrick and back up to Glenbower that way. As I approached Kilkenny the N76 got much worse as the snow is heavier up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Why did you assume that the roads not been gritted were to blame ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Only national routes are gritted. There are just too many roads to be able to get them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A truck jack knifed on Glenbower hill yesterday from what I hear.

tippspur wrote: »
    A truck jack knifed on Glenbower hill yesterday from what I hear.

There was also a jeep involved as well. Both of them ended up in the ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Darkness playing O' Thiefs the 18th of march

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭JuneJones

What was the name of the American style restaurant which was where MacDonald's is in 1984/85

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Alegro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

The Darkness playing O' Thiefs the 18th of march
    Really? As in I Believe in a Thing Called Love ,The Darkness?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

pooch90 wrote: »

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes.

Confirmed. Tickets available on tickets.ie @ €25 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Is that a great coup for O'Keeffes, or a sign of how far The Darkness have fallen?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Is that a great coup for O'Keeffes, or a sign of how far The Darkness have fallen?

Could be both. It will sell out, no doubt about it.

Harsh to say The Darkness have fallen. This is an Irish Tour they are doing btw.

Their last album (2012 after a 5 year hiatus) got to no.4 in the UK.

Their next album is later this year. Nothing wrong with these gigs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭JuneJones

snipey wrote: »
    Alegro
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Kehoes might not let you in - as far as i know the door is locked and only opened when the "secret knock" is given

Agreed ref the secret knock - have tried getting in there a couple of times down the years but to no avail!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Agreed ref the secret knock - have tried getting in there a couple of times down the years but to no avail!!!

I mentioned this pub to someone in the know and his opinion was " you can get in, but you wont want to be there"

Like being at a party where you werent invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Nearly as bad as the Princess then....was in there a couple of times over Xmas/new year as nearest pub to me nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Nearly as bad as the Princess then....was in there a couple of times over Xmas/new year as nearest pub to me nowadays

Bad news for you so , heard Princess is closing down, think owners are retiring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

How many pubs have closed down in Clonmel since the recession started?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Not that many really considering how quite the town has got on nights out.

Posthouse only closed late 2014

Lonergans at least 5 years ago but I think other factors came into it rather than just the lack of trade of the pub itself.

The Office but has since re-opened as Friends.

The Harp but that was after an arson attack.

Ma Ryans was closed but then re-opened for a few years before closing again. Dont know the current status of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

The ones mentioned above + Allens (the phoenix/devanes), The Piper ( I think closed anyway) and is Magners still closed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Magners is Fozzys and is most certainly open. Posters here have the Princess closing a while now but its still open....I would say similar closures to any other large Irish town to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Magners is Fozzys and is most certainly open. Posters here have the Princess closing a while now but its still open....I would say similar closures to any other large Irish town to be honest.

If anything, probably less than average.

While there's no doubt Clonmel suffers in recession, tradionally it does tend to withstand it a little better than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Sows Ear is another - only open for Xmas trees now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posters here have the Princess closing a while now but its still open....

I was guaranteed by alot of people in Clonmel that O'Keefees was closing right after Christmas, as the banks had siezed it. The news of The Darkness playing there in March seems to have dismissed that rumour for now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Does anyone know if the speed limit on the Clonmel-Cahir road by Surehaul is less than 100km per hr? Just got a flash from the speedvan when I was passing it,was doing just over 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Does anyone know if the speed limit on the Clonmel-Cahir road by Surehaul is less than 100km per hr? Just got a flash from the speedvan when I was passing it,was doing just over 80.

99% sure it's 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

It's 100km. And the speedvans don't flash. They don't use that sort of technology.

Advertisement