Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon TV Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Potts is some savage swimmer:eek: Would love to do Kona one day!!

Looks fantastic!

Chrissie a bit behind schedule, maybe the women's might be competitive after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

A bit off track but you can also track the live power and speed of some of the top bikers @ http://kona.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1aAg5UnnY

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Just started watching. What is happening Chrissie? Losing time at every split

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just started watching. What is happening Chrissie? Losing time at every split

I heard them say after the swim that she had a bad fall 2 weeks ago, maybe it's having an impact.

• Advertisement

All the 80+ AG make the swim cut off!

Imagine doing Kona over 80 years of age?

Legends.

Woddle wrote: »
    I heard them say after the swim that she had a bad fall 2 weeks ago, maybe it's having an impact.

Cheers, heard about her fall but forgot about it. Must be hampering her

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

She seems to struggling alright. not out of it but if her foot is poor she is going to struggle on the run surely ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

It is a thing of beauty watching Dibons cycle, such a perfect pedal stroke.

It is a thing of beauty watching Dibons cycle, such a perfect pedal stroke.

Dibens has a foot injury, which is going to make life difficult for her on the run.
    Looks like Carfrae and Wellington are racing each other and not really worried about her....

• Advertisement

Chrissie looks like she is making a move now...

Izoard wrote: »
    Dibens has a foot injury, which is going to make life difficult for her on the run.
    Looks like Carfrae and Wellington are racing each other and not really worried about her....

Chrissie just passed Mirinda, race on now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I dont think its going to go well for Chrissie, the crash some weeks ago is obviously playing a part. Rachel Joyce can run 3hr so if she has 10mins on Chrissie going to the run she'll beat her for 1. On the Irish front, Matt Molloy is flying. I think he is about 2nd or 3rd in his AG right now through 59 miles in 3:33:02 which is ahead of Chrissie

Chrissie just showing her injuries... nasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

the advertisements are cringe worthy.. have u had ur wheeties.. i love wheeties, eat them every day... Did you drive here today.. ya , i drove a brand new 2011 ford explorer, amazing car!! oh jesus please stop faking ... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Probably not much use to anyone in work today unless you have remote record on Sky, but IM Galway is on Eurosport 2 at 1:55pm, proceeded by Ironman Wales at 1pm.

anyone know where\if Kona will be shown this side of the pond? Watched it live until Chrissie W started her marathon....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Anyone watching Ironman Arizona? http://ironmanlive.com/audiovideo.php?race=arizona&year=2011

Some result. Was hoping Paul Amey could nip it but sub 8 by Eneko Llanos is amazing!! 07:59:38 jaysus! Had the pleasure to run alongside momentarily with Paul Amey in Austria 70.3 (lasted about 60 seconds!) so was really hoping he cud pull it out of the bag and with just 3 miles to go when he pulled back up i thought he was on for it but that was some finish by Llanos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Bambaata wrote: »
    Anyone watching Ironman Arizona? http://ironmanlive.com/audiovideo.php?race=arizona&year=2011

Some result. Was hoping Paul Amey could nip it but sub 8 by Eneko Llanos is amazing!! 07:59:38 jaysus! Had the pleasure to run alongside momentarily with Paul Amey in Austria 70.3 (lasted about 60 seconds!) so was really hoping he cud pull it out of the bag and with just 3 miles to go when he pulled back up i thought he was on for it but that was some finish by Llanos!

Good result for Cave as well, how the feck they can race so many times and podium so many races in a short number of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Please keep discussion of who won to the other thread - I only have access to the dongle where I live :(

Looks like Eurosport are going to kick off their ITU coverage next week - they have a preview show for this years series tonight at 10 so I assume they will show Sidney towards the weekend or early next week

* Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Triathlon forum

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

catweazle wrote: »
    Please keep discussion of who won to the other thread - I only have access to the dongle where I live :(

Looks like Eurosport are going to kick off their ITU coverage next week - they have a preview show for this years series tonight at 10 so I assume they will show Sidney towards the weekend or early next week

* Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Triathlon forum

Sydney was on normal telly already. :)

Think it was yesterday, flicking through the TV guide it came up.

Sydney was on normal telly already. :)

Think it was yesterday, flicking through the TV guide it came up.

Really was it Eurosport or C4? Would be great if they did it earlier as its almost impossible to avoid the results, Tri Ireland website has big banners about Aileens finishing position while I was looking for some photos on Nenagh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Think it was eurosport. Think I saw it while checking to see if Rotterdam marathon was on anywhere.

ITU Sydney on Eurosport at 3.30 today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

........with 3.5hrs of live cycling beforehand.......productive day at the office today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Cheers CW.

Sky+ app also says it's on Eurosport2 (channel 411) at 9:00pm tonight.
    (and Friday 5pm, Sunday 6:15am)

griffin100 wrote: »
    ........with 3.5hrs of live cycling beforehand.......productive day at the office today :D

I am not too bad for the cycling - I will watch the big stages in the Tour De France but that's about it. British Open and the Olympics this year will kill me, although I am on holidays for a lot of the Olympics ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Channel 4 is covering triathlon again this year.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/triathlon/4od

This year's Slateman triathlon in Wales is online now. Looks like a nice tough race.

• Advertisement

There looks like a weekly Ironman Magazine type programme on Setanta Ireland. Watched it the last day not bad, long profile on the Raelert brothers but couldn't hear the sound properly at all. Not sure when its on but i think an interview with Chrissie next week

Advertisement