Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon TV Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

And so Macca gets on the Kitzbuehel start list some how? Noble appeared on it, has now disappeared and Bryan Keane now is on it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Yeah WTF? How did Macca qualify to be on it? Did Keane enough WC points then? I hope he does well to get on this series consistently. Emma Davis back in form? How come Aileen is not on it? Not sure I get how the lineups are selected :confused:

the start lists chop and change a lot til a few days before. Id imagine Gavin might be back on it by next week, he'd a win earlier in China in his points race which im sure gives him enough to start this, or maybe he's skipping it for Hamburg, London, Beijing

Bambaata wrote: »
    the start lists chop and change a lot til a few days before. Id imagine Gavin might be back on it by next week, he'd a win earlier in China in his points race which im sure gives him enough to start this, or maybe he's skipping it for Hamburg, London, Beijing

Maybe we should just check in with your OH as to who is starting and who is not :D I get that the athletes have to accululate points to get a start, I read all of that criteria on www.triathlon.org but how on earth did Macca get on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

Maybe we should just check in with your OH as to who is starting and who is not :D I get that the athletes have to accululate points to get a start, I read all of that criteria on www.triathlon.org but how on earth did Macca get on it?

AFAIK its the federation that gets the slot so I think the team manager (Chris Jones I assume) can decide if Gavin or Bryan goes... given the racing Gavin has been doing (two in Asia and europeans in portugal to come in 2 weeks) I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan does Kitzbuhl and then after euros Gavin goes back in for Hamburg/London/Lausanne/Beijing.

the federation thing would also explain how Macca can get put in by Australian federation. either way makes it more interesting to see how it pans out - hard to see macca being up to the speed of the front guys esp given he did ironman last week in cairns.

• Advertisement

Why swap Gavin in for Bryan? Surely they both need the points for London?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

No particular reason I can think of other than he is higher ranked at the moment and in better form given bryan still finding his way back to where he was last summer. At the moment there is only 1 slot so there must be some strategy in deciding.

No Irish in the mens now!!

Bryan Keane's latest tweet:
    Just pulled out of kitzbuhel ITU World series race today.Happy birthday/Christmas to who ever on the wait list got my spot, enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Repeat of Madrid on at 5:30 and 8 or 8.30 on Eurosport.

Click the picture to link to the website

pre-kitz-postcard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

griffin100 wrote: »

Bloody red button....why o why did I go with UPC (sorry Mcos)

For a dodgy box I got three months out of before that nagravision 4 came in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

SO guys how do ye think Macca will do??

Is this race live on the BBC website then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

SO guys how do ye think Macca will do??

Is this race live on the BBC website then?

Kitzbuehl live on red button now

Too easy for Brownlee. Where was his bro and Gomez??

A sub 8:20 IM less than two weeks ago, Maccabee is crazy! Where does this leave his Olympic dream??

Too easy for Brownlee. Where was his bro and Gomez??

A sub 8:20 IM less than two weeks ago, Macca is crazy! Where does this leave his Olympic dream??

Spoiler icon anymore for these mid race updates El D, not all of us have the red button ;)

catweazle wrote: »
    Spoiler icon anymore for these mid race updates El D, not all of us have the red button ;)

Damn sorry dude. Wish I had the "red button" myself-was following the text updates on the website. Hope I haven't ruined it for u or anybody else :(

Damn sorry dude. Wish I had the "red button" myself-was following the text updates on the website. Hope I haven't ruined it for u or anybody else :(

No doubt I would have logged into the website for the race report anyways - between these and the Diamond Leagues on the red button I really need to switch over from UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

Anyone know when theres a repeat on?...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Spoilered from todays race
    Gomez & JB are resting for the Europeans next week the only reason AB raced was due to his poor race in Sydney and needed to get points on the board. I would not look into the dnf of Macca to much as he only done an IM 2 weeks ago. Even when fresh and back training for this distance it will be hard to see him stick it out with AB & JB.
    That was like a training session for AB today and he took it very handy on the run. If he brings this form into the Olympics next year you would be hard pushed to find another gold medal contender although his bro is looking good as well.

Blenheim Triathlon on late tonight on C4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Eurosport 2 @ 5:30
    Kitzbuhel

A double helping of Triathlon today - ITU Kitzbuhel & Lanarkshire Super series from 6 this evening on Eurosport

I watched the first round of the super series last night, serious strength in depth in the British system. They have a programme where they are converting track runners who can swim into triathletes. The young guns are quick but the difference between them and the top tier is very obvious. I didn't know Conor Murphy was racing the series either. The womens race is a good one

Was that the Windsor race on C4 last night, I luckily just checked what it was before heading to bed so I had it recorded. That Lucy Hall is some swimmer although you feel sorry for her as she has been chased down in the run every time.

The Don is still king of the hill, it does show the class of the top ITU guys

Well Helen Jenkins has been the only one close to Paula Findlay at the top in ITU races so its impressive enough that a 19yr old is out of T2 before her and aquitted herself well on the run. There was a 15yr old in that field too :eek: Yeah the Don just left them for dead on the bike, they couldn't muster an organised pack to chase him. Its scary that you have to be in 28-29 flat 10k shape to have any chance in the Elite mens ITU fields :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Don is way ahead in that series alright.

I found it hard to watch the C4 show though. It's pretty crap compared to Eurosport IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Its scary that you have to be in 28-29 flat 10k shape to have any chance in the Elite mens ITU fields :eek:

This really hit home to me when I saw Gary Thornton run sub 30 in a local 10k race and then it dawned on me that he'd be well off the pace for ITU standard. Animal stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Its scary that you have to be in 28-29 flat 10k shape to have any chance in the Elite mens ITU fields :eek:

They were all over the 30 minute mark in Madrid, although if Ali B hadn't waited for his brother he would have been under 30 mins. It is scary though just how fast they run after the swim and cycle.

Advertisement