Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

In about 3 weeks in the US.

Thanks be to God. I'm sick of all my shows being axed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Any word on whether Zoo is coming back?

LOL! I'd just assumed it was cancelled! My American cousin tells me the S2 premiere is 28/06.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First Wives Club
    TV Land has landed two members of its First Wives Club.

How I Met Your Mother grad Alyson Hannigan and Smash alum Megan Hilty have signed on to star in TV Land's First Wives Club reboot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Picked up to pilot in March, the long-gestating project will be written by New Girl's Rebecca Addelman and exec produced by Jenny Bicks (Sex and the City, The Big C). Based on the book by Olivia Goldsmith, the project centers on a group of divorced women who seek revenge on the ex-husbands who left them for younger women. The book was adapted for the big screen in 1996, with Diane Keaton, Bette Midler and Goldie Hawn starring. Corporate sibling Paramount Pictures distributed the movie, which grossed $105 million on a budget of $30 million.

The TV Land version will take place in modern-day San Francisco and center on three friends and former classmates from the 1990s who reconnect after their close friend from college dies in a freak accident. When they all discover that they're at a romantic crossroads, they unite to tackle divorce, relationships and life's other challenges. Paramount Television (HBO's Vinyl, USA's Shooter, TNT's The Alienist) will produce the potential series.

Hannigan (Buffy) will portray Maggie, an English professor at a San Francisco university and aspiring poet. The character is bright but frustrated, who struggles to put excitement back into her flagging marriage. When one of her old college friends dies, she is galvanized to finally make changes, starting with leaving her husband and tackling life with a renewed sense of adventure.

Hilty, who returns to TV Land after a starring role in the cabler's I Shudder pilot (which didn't go forward), will play Kim, a formerly successful actress who "aged out" of Hollywood. Needy and vulnerable, she works hard at staying fit and gorgeous, still hoping for that breakout role, while doing cheesy commercials. Divorced, with an 8-year-old son, Kim is happy to reconnect with old friends.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/alyson-hannigan-megan-hilty-star-899540

Deadbeat Canceled at Hulu

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Younger has been renewed for a 4th season by TV Land

Curb Your Enthusiasm returns for a 9th season on HBO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The Australian series Offspring is back from the dead (thought cancelled in 2014, they managed to find funding for a sixth season).

It returns to Channel Ten on June 29th :)
    There will be an 18 month time jump from the end of series 5. Much of the main cast is returning, including Nina, Billie, Mick, Jimmy, Zara, Cherie, Martin and Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Younger has been renewed for a 4th season by TV Land

Curb Your Enthusiasm returns for a 9th season on HBO

Curb back is awesome news.

Orphan Black renewed for 5th (final) season by BBC America

Black Samurai

Common to Star in ‘Black Samurai’ TV Series
    Common is set to star in a television adaptation of “Black Samurai,” Variety has learned exclusively.

The TV project, currently in development, is based on Marc Olden’s 1974 book series, which inspired the 1977 film of the same name. Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA is attached as an exec producer.

Producers are currently shopping the project. Once a network is attached, the search for a writer and director will begin. With Common attached to star, the hot project is already garnering much interest.

“Black Samurai” follows the story of Robert Sand (played by Common) who is rescued by a Japanese samurai master and trained for seven years. After suffering from vicious racism in the military, and seeing his teacher and fellow samurai killed before his eyes by terrorists, Robert Sand becomes a killing machine, out to destroy the corrupt powers who had taken the lives of his friends.

Producer Andre Gaines landed the rights to the book, and is exec producing the potential series, marking the first television show to be developed under his Cinemation banner.

“Robert Sand is like black Jason Bourne. Black Samurai is one of the most unique, timely and fun experiences I’ve ever read, while at the same time tackling some serious subjects around race and diversity,” said Gaines. “With ‘John Wick 2’ and ‘Suicide Squad’ coming up, Common was an obvious choice for the role, and I’m thrilled to have him on board. I believe he’s the next great American actor.”

Along with Gaines and RZA, Wu Films’ Mitchell Diggs and Diane Crafford are also exec producing.

“I could not be more pleased that such incredible talent is attached to Marc’s work,” said Crafford. “This series has always been one of my favorites and Robert Sand, the Black Samurai, is a fascinating character who I can’t wait to see brought to life on the screen.”

Speaking of RZA, Gaines commented, “There is a long tradition and storied relationship between hip-hop and martial arts. Having RZA and the WuTang brand on board to executive produce will validate the series even more and mobilize the fans.”

The deal is the latest project based on Olden’s work, following “Poe Must Die,” which is being developed as a film trilogy by Idris Elba’s Green Door Pictures.

Aside from “Suicide Squad” and “John Wick 2,” Common’s acting career is booming. He was recently seen in the latest “Barbershop” flick and NBC’s “The Wiz Live” musical. On the producing side, he’s attached as an EP on a Showtime drama from Lena Waithe. He won the Oscar in 2015, along with John Legend, for “Glory” from “Selma.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/black-samurai-tv-series-common-1201797593/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Penny Dreadful's season 3 finale was also the series finale. There won't be a 4th season.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/penny-dreadful-ending-season-3-series-finale-creator-interview-john-logan-david-nevins-1201798946/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    Penny Dreadful's season 3 finale was also the series finale. There won't be a 4th season.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/penny-dreadful-ending-season-3-series-finale-creator-interview-john-logan-david-nevins-1201798946/
    Warning that the link has spoilers if you've not seen it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Haven't started the third season. Does it wrap up neatly enough?

Haven't been watching so I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

ixoy wrote: »
    Haven't started the third season. Does it wrap up neatly enough?

I wasn't happy, and there is a bad response online too, but I'll say no more than that

Although renewed early, HBO have rolled back on that and cancelled Vinyl. There will be no season 2.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/697591-vinyl-season-2-abruptly-cancelled-by-hbo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Although renewed early, HBO have rolled back on that and cancelled Vinyl. There will be no season 2.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/697591-vinyl-season-2-abruptly-cancelled-by-hbo
    Ouch. I was going to start that based on recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Not surprised. There was a good show in there and the last few episodes were pretty strong but I felt the 4-5 episodes after the opener were a mess. This whole show felt like an exercise in ego over substance to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

12 monkeys renewed for 10 episode third season

http://tvline.com/2016/06/29/12-monkeys-renewed-season-3-syfy/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Stranger Things renewed for Season 2 by Netflix before Season 1 is even released...

http://renewcanceltv.com/stranger-things-renewed-season-2-netflix/

ABC has cancelled Uncle Buck

TNT has renewed Animal Kingdom

TBS has renewed Angie Tribeca and Wrecked

Andy Samberg's Tour de Pharmacy a limited series ordered at HBO

NBC has handed out an 8 episode series order to Law & Order: True Crime, an anthology series, in a similar vein to FX’s Amertcan Crime Story, that will dramatise a different true crime story each season

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Bones getting one more season. It will be shorter than normal with 12 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Starz just announced that the fourth season of its original series Black Sails will be its last. The 10-episode Season 4 of the Treasure Island prequel returns in 2017 with its pirates at war in the West Indies.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/starz-black-sails-to-end-season-4-treasure-island-prequel-1201789425/

Advertisement