Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Not to mention filan pissed off to the uk and declared himself bankrupt, leaving us fools to pick up the tab for he's lavish lifestyle.

And now our national broadcaster are determined to help him become a millionaire again.

Someone really needs to take a look at what is going on in rte, and the strokes they pull for there friends!

Not meaning to argue with you Michael as you are a level headed poster but the bankruptcy laws in the Rep of Ireland are penal to say the least.

If you or I were in his position we would do the same, just as Ivan Yeats did. I couldn't give a fiddlers about Filan and his nonsense pop but purely from a business point of view I'd have done the same in his position.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Aidric wrote: »
    Not meaning to argue with you Michael as you are a level headed poster but the bankruptcy laws in the Rep of Ireland are penal to say the least.

If you or I were in his position we would do the same, just as Ivan Yeats did. I couldn't give a fiddlers about Filan and his nonsense pop but purely from a business point of view I'd have done the same in his position.

My point is, he dumped he's debt from he's investments and a ten million mansion on every tax payer in this country.

Then returned with a clean slate, was given an hour and a half on mooneys show to talk up he's new song. He is even on the ads that are being run for dereks show. And just this week louis walsh was given another whole show to promote he's 'stars'.

Its a bloody abuse and waste of licence payers money to have these millionaires given free advertisement!

Now tell me would one of us be given a whole show to promote our business on RTE?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Richard the consecsending know it all pronouces the word sauna as sowna because thats the way they prounce it in Finland.

A few minutes later he says "lets not be snobs".

He should try taking his head out of his................

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lapin wrote: »
    Richard the consecsending know it all pronouces the word sauna as sowna because thats the way they prounce it in Finland.

A few minutes later he says "lets not be snobs".

He should try taking his head out of his................

:mad:

If I won the wedding as a prize and was then told that Brek would be standing beside the priest with a microphone recording the whole thing, I would have told them to shove it.

Some freebies aren't worth the T&Cs even when they are worth €20,000.

• Advertisement

Sod this, they're playing the whole ceremony.

Movies N' Booze time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lapin wrote: »

As punishment for being such a condescending, pedantic, know-it-all they should force him to work on the Liveline team for a week when Duffy is back... After a few days of Stockhollums and Lisbones, he'll go running back to the Mooney studios with his tail between his legs..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

My point is, he dumped he's debt from he's investments and a ten million mansion on every tax payer in this country.

Then returned with a clean slate, was given an hour and a half on mooneys show to talk up he's new song. He is even on the ads that are being run for dereks show. And just this week louis walsh was given another whole show to promote he's 'stars'.

Its a bloody abuse and waste of licence payers money to have these millionaires given free advertisement!

Now tell me would one of us be given a whole show to promote our business on RTE?

Thank x 10,000.00

Lottie ryan now doing the morning show on 2 fm!

I wonder how did she get that job? As I said above, in RTE its all about who you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lottie ryan now doing the morning show on 2 fm!

I wonder how did she get that job? As I said above, in RTE its all about who you know!

How did this wan get a job in RTE?, I didn't see the position advertised at all

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/aoibhinn-ni-shuilleabhain-take-over-1995161

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    MOD NOTE:

A friendly reminder of the charter, for the three people I've specifically got my eyes on right now and for the thread in general.

Keep it clean from here on, please.
    Everything mentioned and discussed about shane filan on this thread, was brought up by shane himself on derek mooneys show.

Nothing said here that he hasn't said himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Anyone listening to Mooney ranting at a listener who emailed in saying he was sick of all the wedding crap. He's like an obnoxious spoiled brat. Is he always like this or is he having an off day??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sudzs wrote: »
    Anyone listening to Mooney ranting at a listener who emailed in saying he was sick of all the wedding crap. He's like an obnoxious spoiled brat. Is he always like this or is he having an off day??

Himself and Brenda used to have a rant every single day at the start of the show.... or rather he used to have the rant and she'd go "but, but, but....." and play the voice of (sort of) reason.... a regular as clockwork, HUGELY irritating segment.

Haven't heard it lately (mind you, I've been trying not to hear the Mooney show at all lately), maybe it's back?

Having heard the first half hour of today's love-in, I remember why I gave it up.

What have they done to the song.. It was fantastic live, now it sounds like something from The White Album..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Look, I see Derek is away from his co host Brenda in the pic.Wonder why????;)

I bet he hates her on the show but he has to put up with her.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/video/2013/0829/471084-rte-radio-1-season-launch/

Aoibhinn is a fine looking woman though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

He was questioning Brenda last week about a quote she made that she'd like her own radio show. I'm not surprised he's so territorial around her and Mary Kingston. The show is a shambles. He dispatches Brenda to the four corners of Ireland to talk to the plebs, while he sits in the studio talking to Louis Walsh or the now daily routine of hitting back at listener complaints. He's like Hector Salamanca ringing his little bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

anyone hear practically ALL of thursday's show devoted to Gerald Kean (sic).
    He was talking about getting bit by an insect, being at deaths door, his unending charity work which he doesn't like to talk about (which he very much talked about), his plea to his burglars to return his missus engagement ring, his refusal to walk down the aisle without the "right" engagement ring, how he loves Eminem and other hard hitting topics.
    He was on Ireland am last week (TV3player) spouting the same oul guff.
    Does this guy have an actual JOB??
    When does he have time to SOLICITE??

I thought it was interesting Art, when Brek went away on holidays (I think), suddenly Mary Kingston arrives in the studio as her replacement... And then, just like a bad relation at Christmas, she wont leave... Seems like they are now throwing her a few of the work that Brek normally gets... Give it a month and it will be like Sheana Keane and Blánnidge..

If mary kingston becomes a regular, I'll be saying byyyeeeeee to the show for good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

anyone hear practically ALL of thursday's show devoted to Gerald Kean (sic).
    He was talking about getting bit by an insect, being at deaths door, his unending charity work which he doesn't like to talk about (which he very much talked about), his plea to his burglars to return his missus engagement ring, his refusal to walk down the aisle without the "right" engagement ring, how he loves Eminem and other hard hitting topics.
    He was on Ireland am last week (TV3player) spouting the same oul guff.
    Does this guy have an actual JOB??
    When does he have time to SOLICITE??

I listened to about two minutes of that big overfed buffoon. Had to turn off.
    A truly horrendous show. I have to listen in though to see how bad it can get.
    How much longer are RTE going to let this tripe continue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What's this nonsense about on Mooney? A competition to pay for your school's electricity? Are things that bad in this country? They probably had competitions like this in the Soviet Union in the 1980's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This guy is the saddest sap I've heard for a long time , you'd think he was giving away a lotto winning ticket , why is rte dragging up the dregs of the south dublin Green Party

This is turning into Mooney Goes Wild. Eanna is probably hotfooting it into the studio as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Please make him STOP....he's like a dememted, close to hissy fit, Eddie Hobbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭hawley

great I now know the dates for the Eurovision semi finals. Better clear my diary.:rolleyes:

hawley wrote: »
    great I now know the dates for the Eurovision semi finals. Better clear my diary.:rolleyes:

Cue an excuse to play shyte music from 50 years ago. The mind boggles as to why this programme manages to attract so many listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭hawley

Cue an excuse to play shyte music from 50 years ago. The mind boggles as to why this programme manages to attract so many listeners.

After playing Denmark's "Fly on the wings of love"

Derek "Well, I think that we should send two brothers next year. Jedward" Then proceeds to update us on what they are doing. Absoulute cr*p.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Mooney production meeting:

"Why don't we do an item about people who keep losing socks in the washing machine.....?"
    "Super idea, get our roving reporter out on the streets now, before some other station gets in ahead of us"
    :o

Why didn't brenda mention that her husband is one of the top brass for the Irish cricket board?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Jonathan is a really great bloke delighted he beat cancer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement