Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Jonathan is a really great bloke delighted he beat cancer

I stayed tuned in after liveline by accident and glad I did. It's worth putting up with Mooney to listen to Jonathan.

I sent them a heap of old mobiles when I was moving to Australia a few years ago. Glad I did now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Brek you dirt bird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Zeebrugge was where the ferry went down, Derek, Zapruder was the guy who took the film.

If Tony Hancock were alive he would say "What a load of old rubbish".

If the Russians had killed Kennedy, this could have lead to a nuclear war, apparently.. He's forgetting that Kennedy was killed by his own people. Complete non item.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

oooh that was gas when derek asked the woman why she wasnt a legal secretary anymore and she opened up about working for a crook and derek trying to shhh her up:eek:

• Advertisement

fk sake Mooney, leave the girl alone.

What a cop out by Mooney, Annelise Murphy could have just said "well a lot of Irish people want me to go to the Olympics"..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Where are the other two know-alls, they haven't butted in yet on the boring scottish guy, what am i paying eanna knee lousy for!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Oops69 wrote: »
    Where are the other two know-alls, they haven't butted in yet on the boring scottish guy, what am i paying eanna knee lousy for!

Because that "boring Scottish guy" is a renowned wildlife cameraman, who has worked with one of the world's foremost authorities on the animal kingdom, David Attenborough so a) They are probably in awe of him (a rare thing) and b) they probably know that they'd be put in their place by someone who knows a good deal more than them put together.

And they still tried to butt in, with stupid questions like "did you bring your gun with you to scare off the polar bears?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

MJ23 wrote: »
    I listened to about two minutes of that big overfed buffoon. Had to turn off.
    A truly horrendous show. I have to listen in though to see how bad it can get.
    How much longer are RTE going to let this tripe continue?

100% agreed.
    I listen sometimes and am dismayed at what I am hearing.
    Mooney used to have a Vet on a regular basis-probably the most boring and uninterested voice you could imagine. Don't know if he still features.

How often has he had your man from Mayo on? Louis Walsh? Always talking guff about the Eurovision-how out of date and yesteryear.

Mary Byrne-not again please!

How much does Mooney get paid? Did I read about Euro 300.000? For all that nonsense ? Why is he paid so much?

He is a great self promoter too have you noticed: 'Mooney goes wild'. 'Mooney's Monday quiz' or whatever it is. He is second rate. If I hear him go on and on about blue tits anymore, I will have to leave the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

mooney has crystal swing on the show
    jabus carry on camping comes to mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dolittle wrote: »
    mooney has crystal swing on the show
    svomit_100-107.gif?w=64&h=32

Is Duffy the train conductor in carriage 2?
    Mooney the funny wig on the right in carriage 1?
    Larry Gogan in carriage 2?
    Marty Whelan carriage 3?
    Tubridy?

That crystal swing video is a "high class production" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

could have a fight on our hands here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I hate these sort of arguments, taste is subjective. Totally pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Is this a new segment. Mooney's Ambush.

I'm just laughing away here

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mrs Swing has a bit of a temper on her

They are all angry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Oh how i wish RTE had a studio camera like Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Crystal Swing are smarter than they look.

They have been able to squeeze every last drop of publicity from their one trick act. It all keeps the money rolling in.

Caller: A male singer that Mooney knows with the initials L.C.
    the minds boggles!

A 45+ minute advertorial for some music band. Do they pay for this?

That song is brutal, poor vocals and it sounds like it was recorded on a bog standard Karaoke backing track. Even Mooney didn't have anything positive to say about it.

What did Mooney attack Crystal Swing about?

What did Mooney attack Crystal Swing about?

Eoin Murphy (in either the Mail on Sunday or the Sunday Mirror) attacked Crystal Swing's new video yesterday.

Crystal Swing went on Mooney to defend themselves, and reply to Murphy. It went on for ages - Mammy Swing saying it was a bit of fun, Girly Swing saying she's actually a really good singer when she isn't swinging, and Derek Swing plugging every gig in every Pub in the country they have for the next year. Eoin Murphy tried to defend himself but that only made the Swingers get more outraged. Derek played their new single and couldn't think of anything nice to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

That crowd bring me out in a rash. They should be banned on grounds of "Rash Inducing Epidemics"........:(

" She Drinks Tequila, He Talks Dirty In The Sunday Mirror. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Any YouTube link for this new song of theirs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement