Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

josh59 wrote: »
    Seldom get to listen to the Derek Mooney show as I'm normally in the office - heard the interview with Louis Walsh and your man from Westlife who legged it to the UK - total crap - give Mooney his money and tell him good bye.

How many up and coming bands/singers would give their right arm to get a 45 min plug for their new single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

sligojoek wrote: »
    How many up and coming bands/singers would give their right arm to get a 45 min plug for their new single?

Thought that was absolutely sickening, Joe.. I've nothing against Shane Filan, who's a good singer and a nice guy... But I have a serious problem with him running away to England and leaving everybody else with his mess.. Then RTE give him time to plug his album to that he can start making his millions again.. I dont remember them affording any free advertising to any of the companies he stung...

And that walking infomercial, Louis Walsh, should have NEVER been let on the Mooney show after the lied to everybody about the voting system for the X Factor.. In any other workplace, the X Factor would be breaking health and safety rules because of the way they bully and mentally abuse young kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thought that was absolutely sickening, Joe.. I've nothing against Shane Filan, who's a good singer and a nice guy... But I have a serious problem with him running away to England and leaving everybody else with his mess.. Then RTE give him time to plug his album to that he can start making his millions again.. I dont remember them affording any free advertising to any of the companies he stung...

And that walking infomercial, Louis Walsh, should have NEVER been let on the Mooney show after the lied to everybody about the voting system for the X Factor.. In any other workplace, the X Factor would be breaking health and safety rules because of the way they bully and mentally abuse young kids..

I usually turn off the radio after the 3.00 news but left it on a bit longer today on account of the whole Pat Kenny thing. My daughter likes Westlife and she got wind of Shane coming on so I listened to it. Such a spinfest I've never heard in my life. I've come to the conclusion that Louis must be involved in some kind of sponsorship of the show. Of course Jedward and Maydy Budden had to get a mention.

One thing that pissed me off was, one minute Shane said he was heartbroken about having to give up the house of his dreams/family home etc. 5 minutes later he said that if a Japanese businessman offered him 10 million € for it, he'd have taken hand and all off him. Hypocracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Can't hear that song without thinking of Vincent browne now

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mary goes to Wexford looking for a "Policeman".

Why didn't she get the ferry to Wales?, the place is full of them.

Maybe she'll have to make do with a Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Mooney just can't resist being a biyotch.

"We've got plenty of money to give away; Pat's gone".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Mooney just can't resist being a biyotch.

"We've got plenty of money to give away; Pat's gone".

He really can be a nasty piece of work sometimes, a lot of vitriol just bubbling under a very thin skin.

That's what makes the show fascinating though .

Ya never know when the PC facade will collapse and hell drop a clanger

TBH I wish more broadcasters were as honest at times. Beats the terrified consensus ya get most of the time on any number of topics .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The irony of Mooney referring to Pat Kenny's new employer as "Newswaffle" while he shares a studio with Brenda O'Donoghue.

Byyyyyyyyeeeeee Derek.

I'm off to the vastly superior, wittier and more entertaining Moncrieff programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Derek just called news talk, "news waffle".

Takes one to know one Derek. Your awful show defines the word. Cheek of him. Obviously bitter over Pat's exodus, leaving Derek's precious RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Derek Mooney
    "We all grew up with Don Conroy on the Den"
    Eh Derek pull the other one, you were already grown up before the den even started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lapin wrote: »
    The irony of Mooney referring to Pat Kenny's new employer as "Newswaffle" while he shares a studio with Brenda O'Donoghue.

Byyyyyyyyeeeeee Derek.

I'm off to the vastly superior, wittier and more entertaining Moncrieff programme.

Im holding out for the household budget tips.

I always wondered how Don Conroy made enough money to survive on the Den. He was only on for about 15 minutes once a week. That said, Joe only works for 75 minutes a day and gets 300k for it.

"What do you look for in a man, Derek?"

He didnt see that coming.

syklops wrote: »
    He didnt see that coming.

I was hoping Don Conroy would say "Dont you mean woman?" with a confused expression on his face..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Who asked him that? How did he react?

Neeson wrote: »

That foghorn Mary Kingston asked the question... He responded in general terms, about one person finding another person attractive...

Neeson wrote: »

Mary Kingston. He was caught on the hop for a second and then answered.

didnt expect that one myself either !

loved the answer " money"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I thought he handled the question well!

• Advertisement

He responded in general terms, about one person finding another person attractive...

i was kinda disappointed he didnt develop it a bit.

ive known girls that i thought were stunner but when i got to know them wouldnt touch them with a ten foot barge poll.

like wise "plain" girls that got sexier .

peoples perceptions of each other can change.

still i suppose it was a bit close to the bone for him

*ahem*

He's so secretive and vague about his sexuality. If this was someone else we wouldn't even be talking about it.

He's so secretive and vague about his sexuality. If this was someone else we wouldn't even be talking about it.

He responded with the same vague, generic, nondescript response that you would expect Tubridy to give when you ask him something personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Deflected it well too :D

Still can't get over his open hostility to Pat Kenny's move from the Comfort Zone of Montrose. That's more than a few cracks he's had at him since last week.

Wonder would Pat be arsed to respond in kind if Mooney keeps sniping.

Question: Whats the surname of Joe the presenter of Liveline. To answer, send your name and your answer to the text number. I wonder how many people will put their answer first and then put their name making their entry technically incorrect.

Question: Whats the surname of Joe the presenter of Liveline.

I texted "Stalin"..

Derek does a good impression of Graham Nortons annoying character from Father Ted. STFU and let Don give the instructions.

I texted "Stalin"..

i see the similarities alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Does the show be up online to listen back to?

Want to hear mooney being asked the gay question.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I would have texted Kerr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement