Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mooney now promoting gayness throughout Ireland! :D

"The Gay & Lesbian Show"
    "I've switched over to newstalk"
    "Derek, you are gay, get over it"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

I think he loves the negative reaction he gets over his soft focus gay items. It seems to get him worked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Is this guest ........?

He got really really angry about gay agenda texts six weeks ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85280767&postcount=1718

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's nearly worth doing the gay items to hear Derek responding to the text reaction (which he does read out to be fair to him).....

Thought it was hilarious the way he was just over his dramatics about Israel's gay capitial city and the text reaction, when he started being facetious about the texters saying "oh is this the next thing now, Derek, why do you keep covering Mrs Brown's Boys items, do you have a Mrs Brown's Boys agenda etc etc"... And who does he bring on to discuss Mrs Brown's Boys ? A gay pro-Israeli :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Thought it was hilarious the way he was just over his dramatics about Israel's gay capitial city and the text reaction, when he started being facetious about the texters saying "oh is this the next thing now, Derek, why do you keep covering Mrs Brown's Boys items, do you have a Mrs Brown's Boys agenda etc etc"... And who does he bring on to discuss Mrs Brown's Boys ? A gay pro-Israeli :D

How ironic Derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Why don't they rename it "The Gay Show" ?

It's non stop sausages and Eurovision nonsense. How is he allowed to indulge in his own interests so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

MJ23 wrote: »
    Why don't they rename it "The Gay Show" ?

It's non stop sausages and Eurovision nonsense. How is he allowed to indulge in his own interests so much?

That's over on Lyric.

I wouldn't say it's just Mooney among the presenters that is allowed to indulge themselves, other RTE presenters such as Duffy, Tubs seem to give an perplexing amount of air time to topics that they are interested in. Once they continue to make small gains or just even hold audience share, RTE seems happy to let them indulge themselves. We could argue the point that with RTE domination those self indulgent shows could be performing way above the current audience levels if the editorial content was less self indulgent.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Derek will be trying his best to fit in gay, russia and Isinbayeva into this chat on wasps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

that condensending brain box with his amazing facts really annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

that condensending brain box with his amazing facts really annoys me
    Especially when his facts aren't right (not sure about fishing so I don't know the accuracy of what he's on about today - but he's like that in other scientific discussions).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fog Horn keeps jumping in when he is trying to answer a question

She just asked him about the sex charges against the other two Corrie actors.. jaysus... I wish Joe Duffy would be as inappropriate sometimes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

She just asked him about the sex charges against the other two Corrie actors.. jaysus... I wish Joe Duffy would be as inappropriate sometimes..

By inappropriate, you mean professional, investigative, trying to get information for the listeners, not just there for the tears and misery etc right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    By inappropriate, you mean professional, investigative, trying to get information for the listeners, not just there for the tears and misery etc right?

Yes, I've had enough of tears and misery. I want salacious gossip about so called celebs instead! ;)

Change in the show rules... so they've upped the bullying level Louis, is that it..

"were you hit by the recession"

Ye he lent Shane Filan fifty quid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I would not describe Susan McFadden as being famous.

She may be popular amongst those who attend musicals in the Gas Board Theatre but she is far from famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭hawley

Lapin wrote: »
    I would not describe Susan McFadden as being famous.

She may be popular amongst those who attend musicals in the Gas Board Theatre but she is far from famous.

Didn't her mother go on liveline a few years back complaining about voting system on Irish x factor when Susan was eliminated? Don't believe that she never wanted to be famous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Louis Walsh was only on a couple of weeks ago. What on earth can he have to say that we haven't heard before?

Louis Walsh and Cowell should be up on charges of bullying and exploitation..

Oh and I said this the last time he was on... i.e. about three days ago... He LIED to the Mooney audience about the voting on the X Factor when Mary Byrne was in the final stages of the competition... He has never apologised for this and should not be let back on the show until he does so..

"Withering Heights"

Stay classy Brek.

We also had "acumen-y" instead of acumen...

hawley wrote: »
    Didn't her mother go on liveline a few years back complaining about voting system on Irish x factor when Susan was eliminated?

She did indeed.

And it was my Susan this and my Brian that.

There were probably 20 other Mammies trying to get through to Joe that day, but none of them had a son managed by Luois Walsh at the time so they didn't have a chance of getting through.

She was on to Joe again not long afterwards complaining about some adverse media coverage aimed in the direction of her son.

I think even Joe Duffy thought enough was enough at that stage and she hasn't been on since. And that takes some doing for one of his luvvies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

As I said before, Louis must be sponsoring the show. There's no way any other company/business would be allowed so much airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Is this the closest well get to having mooney say he loves pussy ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This Filan fella is TRYING his best to sound like Christy Hennessey (RIP)

Why do RTE feel it's necessary to shove this aholes new song on us?????? Why?

It's a disgrace. :mad::mad:

The Boyzone, Westlife, Filan, Louis Walsh love-in factor, bugs me no end

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

vicwatson wrote: »
    This Filan fella is TRYING his best to sound like Christy Hennessey (RIP)

Why do RTE feel it's necessary to shove this aholes new song on us?????? Why?

It's a disgrace. :mad::mad:

The Boyzone, Westlife, Filan, Louis Walsh love-in factor, bugs me no end

Not to mention filan pissed off to the uk and declared himself bankrupt, leaving us fools to pick up the tab for he's lavish lifestyle.

And now our national broadcaster are determined to help him become a millionaire again.

Someone really needs to take a look at what is going on in rte, and the strokes they pull for there friends!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement