Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays but this girl didnt half take offense to being mistaken for getting married in her late 30s !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Derek Mooney reveals his expertise on marriage :eek:.......coming up after the break Jim Power talks economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

For a lad who was in the closet for so long and guarded his sexuality like Liberace, he has no problem asking other people personal questions.

Is this what he said to Jedward...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh god, I'd be fuming if I was Mary Kingston's friend and she was revealing all that (I know she didn't give names, but people she know would know).

• Advertisement

Is this what he said to Jedward...

Was it something about the spooning?...."Who's turn is it up front?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"It's terrible taking them from their natural environment and putting them somewhere they are uncomfortable"... Says a man who works for an organisation that moved Ryan Tubridy from Radio One to Gerry Ryan's slot.

europa11 wrote: »
    Was it something about the spooning?...."Who's turn is it up front?" :D

Mooney was thinking out loud about dumping someone because he found a younger and better looking replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

FFS Derek - you know you have a segment on divorce coming up - you might do a little research on the topic beforehand before adding to the ever-growing list of topics you've declared you know nothing about. You don't have to have personal experience about something to know about it. It's called an education.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Does Derik have a boyfriend?

Did he ever acknowledge his gayness on the radio after he came out? Was there a change in the type of segments he had on the show?

Was it slightly more gay-orientated than before?

• Advertisement

Derek: - "...it's the number we use here in the UK" :eek::rolleyes:

ow's fings Del boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Gay Byrne talking now on mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Gay doesn't sound too fazed by it all........

"He's not dead"........I couldn't stop laughing when he came out with that...."Money is the root of it all"........

You have to hand it to Gay, he calls a spade a spade........Meanwhile, Derek denies everything Gay is saying...........Priceless...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

This sounds almost like a hit-piece by Derek and Gaybo.

"Money must be at the heart of it..."

Ok, it probably it is. But it just sounds plain wrong coming from ex-colleagues like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Did Derek just let the cat out of the bag there?

"He was fit and healthy there a month ago when he was saying goodbye to his team..."

Did I hear that right? A month ago? :confused:

So gay didn't want to an independent station as they expected a lot from him. So basically rte don't expect you to do heavy lifting. And Jesus gay turn off your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Very unprofessional from Gay to have his phone ringing so often during an interview. Turn it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

telekon wrote: »
    Did Derek just let the cat out of the bag there?

"He was fit and healthy there a month ago when he was saying goodbye to his team..."

Did I hear that right? A month ago? :confused:

I think he said 'just now' i.e. that he is in the building now saying his goodbyes.

Jesus Christ Louis Walsh and this is a shambles turn off that ****ing phone.

This is dire.

• Advertisement

This is a mess. Who is working the desk on that show ? Fecking echo all over the shop there. He isn't dead lads.

Derek :pac:....Greybo :rolleyes:......Louis Walsh.:eek:

thank f8ck, Dustin has come on to offer his 2 cents....an eagle among sparrows as far as that company is concerned!

That slot with Louis Walsh/Dustin was an embarrassment. Gay was cute to bail out. What a load of nonsense. The world according to Louis Walsh...

And now another "has been".....

Pat Kenny can come and go. But Derek's infatuation with Boy-bands never ends.

Westlife:mad:.............for the love and honour of christ, Derek would compare them with the Rolling Stones if he could! :eek:

I'll do a Kenny and head to Newstalk before having to listen to any more of this tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Was Louis and Dustin chatting about Pat Kenny or the boy bands?

I believe Gaybo called the RTÉ1 listenership "lazy" and won't follow PK to his new station. Way to insult your audience, bud. I'd have thought such an experiened broadcaster would shy away from making sweeping statements like that.

thank f8ck, Dustin has come on to offer his 2 cents....a eagle turkey vulture among sparrows as far as that company is concerned!

Fixed.

Yakuza wrote: »
    I believe Gaybo called the RTÉ1 listenership "lazy" and won't follow PK to his new station. Way to insult your audience, bud. I'd have thought such an experiened broadcaster would shy away from making sweeping statements like that.

Typical Gaybo comment and shows how much more out of touch he has become.

Considering the few options to switch the dial to anywhere half-decent that were around when he sat on his throne - let's be honest, the Pirates weren't exactly targetting mid-morning and Beeb 4 wasn't within everyone's reach - so Greybo's complacency about "his" audience is kind of understandable, however the game has changed and long enough ago for "lazy" RTÉ1 listeners to make a simple twist of a dial or click of a mouse to find Kenny. The curiousity factor and no doubt, a frenzied publicity campaign by the O'Brien stable for the new PK slot will put Gaybo's silly pronouncement to the sword.

If RTE put either Tubridy or OMG It's Miriam up against Kenny, he'll wipe the floor with them.

Interesting to see what kind of re-shuffle this brings out Montrose way. At least the dreadful empty space between 9 and 10 will have to go if they're to have any hope of getting some kind of head start on Kenny. I'd imagine a swift overhaul of the mid-morning and afternoon schedule is on the cards.

Not to mention the possible ramifications on 2fm of Tubs being upgraded from Economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

thank f8ck, Dustin has come on to offer his 2 cents....an eagle among sparrows as far as that company is concerned!

Seldom get to listen to the Derek Mooney show as I'm normally in the office - heard the interview with Louis Walsh and your man from Westlife who legged it to the UK - total crap - give Mooney his money and tell him good bye.

• Advertisement

If RTE put either Tubridy or OMG It's Miriam up against Kenny, he'll wipe the floor with them.

Not to mention the possible ramifications on 2fm of Tubs being upgraded from Economy.

PBH would be an excellent replacement for PK. Anyone else in there would be the death knell for for RTE at that time slot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement