Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi all,

We have been working hard in the past several weeks on a first version of Viber on Blackberry, and we are now excited to give you a first look.
    You can find it here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=225894684118044&set=a.159436647430515.31697.121349544572559&type=1&ref=nf

In addition, I'd like to announce that we are at the very final stages of our Viber-for-Android closed-group Beta project, and will soon make the Beta version public!

For more info feel free to ask me here and make sure you follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/viber

Thanks,
    Viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

What about Android guys? Still have not gotten an invitation and signed up months ago :-( So dissapointing as I would have used it a lot.....

M

@madmoe
    As I wrote in the second part of my announcement - the Beta version will soon become public for all to download and install. Just a tiny bit more patience is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Viber wrote: »
    Hi all,

We have been working hard in the past several weeks on a first version of Viber on Blackberry, and we are now excited to give you a first look...

Why do you tease us with this information? We have no interest in hearing about blueberry duvoices!?

And for a first look couldn't we just look over someone's shoulder who has an iphone?

Oih! Where is your google + account? Silly facebook user :)

kRkOR.jpg

/answers video Tango call...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

madmoe wrote: »
    What about Android guys? Still have not gotten an invitation and signed up months ago :-( So dissapointing as I would have used it a lot.....

M

Have you tried re-downloading the last beta then requesting a log in?

I singed my OH's phone months ago too and like you heard nothing. Last night I re-requested a log in but it didn't work, then I re-downloaded the beta software (hers was out of date) and re-requested a log in and guess what? It worked! didnt receve any email about her getting in but re downloading the beta and just trying it worked. I suggest you try that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

*Unfollows Thread of useless information*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

really looking forward to this when it's released to android +blackberry.
    Currently have it on my iphone and it will great to call free to those handset users..hopefully it's soon :)

People telling me they get all my IM's twice. Whats up with that?

Also only sometimes do I get the pop up viber box, any way to always have it?

god's toy wrote: »
    People telling me they get all my IM's twice. Whats up with that?

Also only sometimes do I get the pop up viber box, any way to always have it?

About the double messages - you mean that people receive any Viber text message doubled? What devices are they using? Do they have the latest Viber version installed?

Regarding the second problem - I'm not sure I understood it... which Viber box?

About the double messages - you mean that people receive any Viber text message doubled? What devices are they using? Do they have the latest Viber version installed?

Hi there,

Yes when you send one message it's receved twice (sometimes more) The phones are a Galaxy S II and a Galaxy S, both running Vershion 2.0.109054
    Both phones have also receved double messages from each other and an iphone user too. (I'm unsure what vershion the cr-apple is using)

Regarding the second problem - I'm not sure I understood it... which Viber box?

OK this is the pop up box i'm talking about. Sometimes it's there and sometimes we just get the sound with only a tray notification:

Thanks for looking into it!

• Advertisement

Thank you for the information.

A few more questions to investigate this issue further:
    1. Can you provide me with the Android versions of both devices? (double-message problem).
    2. Please try removing Viber on both sides, wait a few hours, and reinstall it. Then, try message again. Does it work now?
    3. EVERY message sent from Viber is doubled, or just sometimes?

And - I couldn't see the image you attached in your previous message. Could you please attach it again?

Cheers,
    Viber.

Thank you for the information.

A few more questions to investigate this issue further:
    1. Can you provide me with the Android versions of both devices? (double-message problem).
    2. Please try removing Viber on both sides, wait a few hours, and reinstall it. Then, try message again. Does it work now?
    3. EVERY message sent from Viber is doubled, or just sometimes?

And - I couldn't see the image you attached in your previous message. Could you please attach it again?

Cheers,
    Viber.

Pic is re uploaded, you should see it now.

Ok the Galaxy S II is running 2.3.3 and a Galaxy S is running 2.2.1

I will remove viber on both and see how that goes.

Most are doubled but not all. (could be network related so will try over wifi just to be sure)

I see it now.

Edit: turning Viber's pop-up alert for new messages is possible from within Viber's settings. You must have turned it off, and this is why you didn't see the box. Check it out.

Edit2: I've asked around our development team and it turns out the double-message bug is known for some of our users. It will be resolved in the next upcoming Beta version of Android.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for you to reinstall and test both issues again.
    If they reoccur, please let me know so we can test it further.

Thanks.

Hi all,
    A message only to those of you who are already testing our Beta version:
    A new Beta version has just been released - 2.0.110292.

What's new?
    - Proximity Sensor during calls
    - Bluetooth support
    - Other specific device improvements and bug fixes

Download it here: www.viber.com/download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Cheers viber

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

got the beta invite by email this morning. Gave me a link to download the apk but unfortuantely the link brings me back to the sign up page for the beta. anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

alanc2003 wrote: »
    got the beta invite by email this morning. Gave me a link to download the apk but unfortuantely the link brings me back to the sign up page for the beta. anyone else get this?

I've got the same

Thanks for the reports.
    We're going to look into it right now.

May I have your email addresses in Private Messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I've got the same

Same here....

FINALLY got my invite :-) LOVE it so far, well done guys!

• Advertisement

All,

We are looking into the problems with the invitations, but we are not sure they will be much we can do about it, and that's because (as I mentioned a few messages ago) we are getting ready to release our public Beta version to Market. That should happen very soon, and I'll announce it here of course.

UPDATE: after discussing your complaints with our server team, a possible problem was found with the activation mechanism. We might be sending a second invitation email soon to those of you who were invited today, so please report back to me if it works this time.

Hi Viber,
    When I try to send an SMS invitation to others nothing seems to happen...is this normal behaviour for this release?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi Viber,
    When I try to send an SMS invitation to others nothing seems to happen...is this normal behaviour for this release?

Cheers,
    M

What device are you using? What Android version?
    And please elaborate on the exact steps you are performing, and the exact result (simply nothing, error message, etc.)

alanc2003 wrote: »

If you have received your invite just down load the beta software by going to Viber.com/download , that's it, log in from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

god's toy wrote: »
    If you have received your invite just down load the beta software by going to Viber.com/download , that's it, log in from there!

oh if it was only that easy:) i tried that this morning, still not working. Im sure when the 2 invite goes out we shud be good to go. Thanks anyway

HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3. I can't remember how I got it but just tried there now and all seems to be working.....

Cheers,
    M

I see it now.

Edit: turning Viber's pop-up alert for new messages is possible from within Viber's settings. You must have turned it off, and this is why you didn't see the box. Check it out.

Edit2: I've asked around our development team and it turns out the double-message bug is known for some of our users. It will be resolved in the next upcoming Beta version of Android.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for you to reinstall and test both issues again.
    If they reoccur, please let me know so we can test it further.

Thanks.

Hey,

So Ive installed the new beta on both phones and in testing it's looking good! Problems look to be sorted. :)

Thanks for your support!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

All,

We are looking into the problems with the invitations, but we are not sure they will be much we can do about it, and that's because (as I mentioned a few messages ago) we are getting ready to release our public Beta version to Market. That should happen very soon, and I'll announce it here of course.

UPDATE: after discussing your complaints with our server team, a possible problem was found with the activation mechanism. We might be sending a second invitation email soon to those of you who were invited today, so please report back to me if it works this time.

Hi Viber....

After subscribing to your list on May 29th, I had all but forgotten about you...

Then I get this intriguing mail from Viber......this morning @ 08:42....
    The Viber Beta for Android is here, and you can now download the first available version......

To download the beta version of Viber for Android, follow this link: http://www.viber.com/android-beta/

So I follow all the links, and guess what, I'm invited to sign up for the Beta Version, to go on a list, again........and again......and again......

That's right, I tried at least three times, gave you my mobile number, my e-mail was already in the form...tried with 0 in the number, without 0 in the number...every which way. Gave my Android device, and my Android Version.....And nothing happened, except I was invited again.......to put my name on a list.

2v1q545.jpg

Then I downloaded the latest apk, installed on my Android, ran the App....saw the little notice saying I would get an Access Code by SMS......entered my number, and got an Error.....instructing me to go to www.viber.com/android-beta .......to become a Beta Tester.......

Now, there is nothing I would like more than to become a Viber Beta Tester.....but if the actual App is as Buggy as the process, I think it will not reside for long on my Android, after the test period has expired.

What can I expect next!!!!

Another Invitation to sign up for an Invitation....this could go on for a looooong time.

BTW, it wouldn't be so bad, except my son has an iPhone 4......and guess what.....he has been ribbing me constantly about this app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got my invite as well today, Thanks Viber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

GBX wrote: »
    Got my invite as well today, Thanks Viber

Don't bank on it, see my post above, and Vibers earlier reply.....:(

Advertisement