Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I registered at the android-beta page, and then downloaded and installed the .apk, but when the app tries to send me an SMS it gives an error saying it's currently on Beta and to become a beta tester go to the same registration page :confused:

I registered again, and tried again but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

Is it just my phone or is this app killing the battery.full to zero in 2 hours on dhd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ipnface wrote: »
    Is it just my phone or is this app killing the battery.full to zero in 2 hours on dhd
    Must be you lol. Dhd meself and I'm only down to 77% changed radio last week and the battery is way better than it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Are all the beta places filled? I cant get past the registration page myelf. it says,

"The Viber Beta for Android is only available to registered users.
    Please follow Viber on Facebook and Twitter, and you'll be the first to know when a Beta version is available for download.
    www.facebook.com/viber
    www.twitter.com/viber "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

You have to register on the link above, the previous registration didn't have a phone number field, it's a different registration to that one.

Just made a Viber call to an iPhone user (my mum!), decent enough quality, it was a bit tinny and it disconnected once but for a free app, I reckon it's pretty solid.

• Advertisement

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    You have to register on the link above, the previous registration didn't have a phone number field, it's a different registration to that one.

Just made a Viber call to an iPhone user (my mum!), decent enough quality, it was a bit tinny and it disconnected once but for a free app, I reckon it's pretty solid.

Yeah i followed the link and stuck in the number but when i filled it all in and clicked next, it loaded for a sec and i got that text above.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

Cianos wrote: »
    I registered at the android-beta page, and then downloaded and installed the .apk, but when the app tries to send me an SMS it gives an error saying it's currently on Beta and to become a beta tester go to the same registration page :confused:

I registered again, and tried again but no joy.

had the very same problem , might just try it tomorrow again

Joe Gt wrote: »
    had the very same problem , might just try it tomorrow again

Think that's what happened to zascar and he got it going in the end somehow

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Happening to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Doesn't work for me. Tried with my default email and my google account mail. Registered on that site about 5 times and it still didn't work. Tried my number with and without the 0 in 086 but still no luck. I'll just have to wait another 7 months.

Same issue as above posters.

• Advertisement

Must be just that they have 500 beta tester and aren't letting in anymore,

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

yeah i took a guess and assumed it was open as i just happened across it by chance. they might have closed it down already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

The emails we promised will start being sent out today, groups-by-groups. You will soon received an email, in your turn, and get the link to the application. First-signed first-get.

Wait for your turn to receive the email, and the file and instructions will be inside.

Viber.

Updated beta version earlier on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Viber wrote: »
    The emails we promised will start being sent out today, groups-by-groups. You will soon received an email, in your turn, and get the link to the application. First-signed first-get.

Wait for your turn to receive the email, and the file and instructions will be inside.

Viber.

I signed up on the beta page yesterday. Will I get an email?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

9MB on the device! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭virmilitaris

Any idea of when it will be released for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

draffodx wrote: »
    9MB on the device! :eek:
    I saw yesterday. That is horrid!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Viber, I got notification for the update - so I downloaded and installed it. Works fine but it deleted the messages I had in my Viber inbox.

Everyone -

As I wrote, for those who are not receiving the code or getting the error message saying they need to subscribe: the only way for you to successfully install our beta is to have subscribed, and wait for our official invitation email. Otherwise your email and number won't have been activated, thus you're blocked (we didn't want our .APK to simply be open to EVERYONE in the world). Please wait patiently. It might take up to a week, but you should eventually receive the email and use it freely.

Once you get the email, you'll be permitted to install. Should happen some time during this week (First-sign First-get).

@Zascar -
    Did it also delete your Recents, Favorites, etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nope just the messages.

Actually, on that: Android does not have "Favourites" like iPhone does. However, the Favourites that appear in my favourites list - are the ones I had when I had my iphone a year ago before I got my Android phone. Anyone know how I add/edit this list of favourites?

Deleted my messeges aswell when I updated but I dont mind. I only talk sheite anyways lol.

We will look into that and hopefully fix it soon.

In the meanwhile (and as a general note) - please report bugs or post suggestions here: http://www.viber.com/android
    Find the "Support" button on the right side of the page.

*one last question - when you upgraded your Beta, did you remove and reinstall, or install on top?

Viber wrote: »

*one last question - when you upgraded your Beta, did you remove and reinstall, or install on top?
    Installed on top but it said it was replacing the old version so seemed grand

seanybiker wrote: »
    Installed on top but it said it was replacing the old version so seemed grand

Yep, should have worked flawlessly, it's a bug.
    We're on it.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Viber, while you're at it any chance you can enable it to be moved to the memory card? While I cant speak for other phones the Nexus One has feck all internal memory and 9mb is a huge portion of what little it does have.

JohnK wrote: »
    Viber, while you're at it any chance you can enable it to be moved to the memory card? While I cant speak for other phones the Nexus One has feck all internal memory and 9mb is a huge portion of what little it does have.

As I wrote, please report bugs or post suggestions here: http://blog.viber.com/viber-beta-support

I assure you we see your posts there and take them very seriously. If it is something we can fix, we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've posted it there so.

Just installed the new update and my old messeges are still there. Good man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭virmilitaris

Viber I think there's a little problem with not allowing everyone to try it who wants to go through the process.

I registered and have installed it but I have no way of testing it because no one I know has it. :) I registered my wife yesterday but she hasn't got an email yet.

Just a thought but people who go through the trouble of registering on your page obviously know what they are doing. The average user doesn't know how to apply anything thats not on the market so couldn't you allow everyone to use the beta apk off the site who go looking for it ?

Advertisement