Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Regarding ICS - we could ask Market to remove it, but our hopes is that within the next couple of weeks Viber should already be compatible with ICS. As I said, we're doing our best, and we hope to release our new version very soon.

@subway -
    As I said, it is a problem we're aware of. Other users can show you that it integrates fine, and meanwhile we are working to fix the problem for our upcoming version 2.1.3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

cqms13 wrote: »
    integrates fine on sensation for me:D

album.php?albumid=1957

can you post an image?

Viber wrote: »
    @subway -
    As I said, it is a problem we're aware of. Other users can show you that it integrates fine, and meanwhile we are working to fix the problem for our upcoming version 2.1.3 :)

thanks viber, just wondering if its possible to get it working somehow, i can change the dialler on my phone, thats not too much of an issue so if you have a list i could try...
    2 reasons why i dont use the viber dialler (if you want to work on them :)):
    no predictive/T9 name searching
    hideous color scheme

Well,
    We are continuously updating and improving. That also includes GUI improvements, so if it is not to your liking, all i can suggest to you is wait ;)

Anyways, stay tuned for updates on Market, and please let me know if the problem is fixed on the upcoming 2.1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭firemansam1

Hi,

I have a problem with my viber app. The person I'm calling can hear me but i cannot hear them. Text works perfect.

This problem occurs no matter who I call. It only started lately.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S.

I tried uninstalling the app and re-installing, but that didn't help.

Has anyone any idea what could be wrong ie. would i have changed some setting in the phone that can affect Viber.

i've sent them an email but no reply yet. Is there any other way of contacting them.

Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement

The only thing I could think is that media volume could be turned down as viber wouldn't use the in call volume.
    Unlikely of course but worth double checking in settings

Nope, media volume is up to the last.

Anyone any other ideas on how I can get this sorted

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nope, media volume is up to the last.

Anyone any other ideas on how I can get this sorted

Thanks

Have you tried turning the loudspeaker on and off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 godfavor

I confirm that the you can't hear the calls but people can hear you, in samsung galaxy s GT-i9000 2.3.3 with original samsung kernel XWJVI. The only thing done is that I rooted my phone. Skype is working perfectly.Any updates on this?

Don't know whether it's coincidence or not but I tried what was suggested above......turning the loud speaker on and off and my viber is now working again.

Thanks alot.

• Advertisement

@firemansam1 and @godfavor -

Hey there,
    In order to try and understand the source of the problem, please follow these steps:
    1) have you tried connecting to a few different WiFi networks? Does the problem occur on all of them?
    2) does this problem occur when you call any contact, or just some specific ones?
    3) do you have a custom ROM installed? Which version of Android do you have?
    4) Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling Viber?

Awaiting for your reply so I could hopefully provide further assistance :)

@firemansam1 and @godfavor -

Hey there,
    In order to try and understand the source of the problem, please follow these steps:
    1) have you tried connecting to a few different WiFi networks? Does the problem occur on all of them?
    2) does this problem occur when you call any contact, or just some specific ones?
    3) do you have a custom ROM installed? Which version of Android do you have?
    4) Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling Viber?

Awaiting for your reply so I could hopefully provide further assistance :)

1) Not yet, but I'll try
    2) I 've tested with two different contacts, the first has galaxy s2, and the 2nd iphone 3g.
    3) No custom rom installed, I'm running Gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted.
    4) I've done that, no luck.

Also tried switching to speaker during the call but no luck.
    Thanks for your help. I'll test with other wifi routers and will see...

Haven't tested it yet on other wifi, but tested it on 3g, still same problem, I cannot hear the calls.
    I don't know if something has to do with it but I have voodoo control plus installed, the paid version.

What exactly is voodoo control plus?

What exactly is voodoo control plus?
    It's an app in the android market that enchants the sound quality playback through headphone out of certain devices like galaxy s. it unlocks the pontetial of the wolfson chip

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Any sign of this for ICS yet, or is the line still "we'll release it when it's ready, rather than release an unstable product"? Any timeline for it that you can mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone else having issues with Viber this evening?

I think I downloaded an update earlier (can't recall which apps updated as there was a few of them) and when I tried to use it again was told that I had not activated it. Entered my phone number again, and was told that an access code would be sent by SMS. Never arrived and the link to click if you didn't receive the code is broken.

I have a Galaxy S, running stock 2.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Is there a way to block texts & calls on Viber? I have an Xperia X8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Is there a way to block texts & calls on Viber? I have an Xperia X8.

Sign out?

can't check as have ICS and thus no viber - but I recall being able to log out completely when had it on nexus one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

eoferrall wrote: »
    [QUOTEy=The Lovely Muffin;76599848]Is there a way to block texts & calls on Viber? I have an Xperia X8.

Sign out?

can't check as have ICS and thus no viber - but I recall being able to log out completely when had it on nexus one.[/Quote]
    Signing out won't block someone though because when you log in again they will still be able to message and ring me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Sign out?

can't check as have ICS and thus no viber - but I recall being able to log out completely when had it on nexus one.
    Signing out won't block someone though because when you log in again they will still be able to message and ring me.[/QUOTE]

Ah sorry I misunderstood you, I thought you meant all calls etc for a period.

not sure about individual contacts, been a good while since I used it (ICS release soon anyone?!?!) but I do not recall having this functionality.

Hi all,
    Sorry for my delayed response -there seems to have been something wrong with my email notifications.

@5starpool -
    Unfortunately that is still the line. We're not talking about months here, not at all, but we still don't have exact release dates since integrating with ICS's new features and controls is not an easy task (in fact, they seem to have complicated things unnecessarily sometimes... haha).
    Once I have any news, you'll know about it :)

@Redsoxfan -
    We had a temporary server issue at the time of your message but i was fixed a few hours later. Does it work fine now?

@The Lovely Muffin -
    Unfortunately the feature of blocking a contact on Viber does not exist yet. We plan to add in future version.

Hi all,

A new version of Viber (2.1.4) has just been released to AppStore. It contains many bug fixes and should make the Viber experience on iOS devices overall much smoother and convenient :)

Try it out, and let us know if you still experience problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Wrong forum dude!
    I don't think people here give a crap about the iOS version of Viber.
    Most (including me) want the Android version updated so its compatible with ICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,

A new version of Viber (2.1.4) has just been released to AppStore. It contains many bug fixes and should make the Viber experience on iOS devices overall much smoother and convenient :)

You got my hopes up when I got the notification e-mail!! Just glanced at it and clicked straight through.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Hi all,

Android update:confused:

@Redsoxfan -
    We had a temporary server issue at the time of your message but i was fixed a few hours later. Does it work fine now?

Yes, all ok now, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Hopefully we wont have to wait too long for that update..quicker the better, :D

• Advertisement

Whoops!
    Certainly posted it in the wrong thread, I apologize :)

Rest assured we're also working on our new Android version this very moment (the resources dealing with iOS and Android are parallel, meaning one does not cause the other one to be delayed).

I'll make sure to post an update here about our Android version as well once we have any concrete estimation.

Advertisement