Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

draffodx wrote: »
    Nope, doesn't really make sense supporting landscape for a phone app, I know the native phone does but it looks ****e and is crap to use.

I can see how landscape mode would suit a tablet though.

I do agree but for the tablet they might need to think about a re-design of the interface as portrait is well annoying to have to use all the time. The Vevo app is the same on the 10.1, when you search for the videos etc. all that is done in portrait and then the video playback changes to landscape. Have mailed the Vevo developers about this but nothing back so far....

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

madmoe wrote: »
    Just installed latest version on Galaxy Tab 10.1 and have less crashing but still stuck in portrait only mode. Is landscape supported on phones guys??

Yes, Viber 2.1.x supports Landscape Mode for phones. Does it not work on your Tab?

Note that Landscape mode is relevant only inside Messages screen, where you actually write the message.

Viber wrote: »
    Yes, Viber 2.1.x supports Landscape Mode for phones. Does it not work on your Tab?

Note that Landscape mode is relevant only inside Messages screen, where you actually write the message.

Just checked there on my HTC Sensation and when I turn the phone it's not changing to landscape mode?? No landscape mode on the Tab either??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Any sign of viber coming to wp7 or symbian?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

wilser wrote: »
    Any sign of viber coming to wp7 or symbian?

Symbian is dead and last I read there are problems with sockets on WP7 that won't be fixed until 7.5 that makes VoIP near impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

HTC Desire S here and the landscape mode works perfectly in the messages screen .

jonski wrote: »
    HTC Desire S here and the landscape mode works perfectly in the messages screen .

Just checked and your right! Landscape mode is working in message screen on Sensation and Galaxy Tab but that is the only screen that is working in landscape mode. I was hoping, especially for the Tab to have my contact list etc. in landscape mode.....

Cheers,
    M

@madmoe -
    Full Tablet support by Viber (that will probably include Landscape mode in more screens) is planned, but unfortunately we still don't know exactly when it will be ready.
    Once we have any news, I'll keep you posted.

@wilser -
    Actually, Viber for Symbian is already at advanced stages of development, and we hope to have announcements soon. Yes, it's quite an old OS, but it's still widely used in many different places in the world.
    WP7 is a little trickier, as explained above. We are still hitting bureaucratic and technological obstacles with Viber on WP7, but it's definitely on our list as well.

@madmoe -
    Full Tablet support by Viber (that will probably include Landscape mode in more screens) is planned, but unfortunately we still don't know exactly when it will be ready.
    Once we have any news, I'll keep you posted.

@wilser -
    Actually, Viber for Symbian is already at advanced stages of development, and we hope to have announcements soon. Yes, it's quite an old OS, but it's still widely used in many different places in the world.
    WP7 is a little trickier, as explained above. We are still hitting bureaucratic and technological obstacles with Viber on WP7, but it's definitely on our list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

@Viber, interesting about the bureaucratic obstacle's on WP7, are Microsoft trying to block VoIP applications on WP7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

I just wanted to acknowledge this app. It has been a real bonus since my sister went travelling through America.
    Thanks for the great app.

@draffodx -
    Not at all.
    It's just that WP7 contains a hidden API that contains very specific VoIP codecs. We can't work with these codecs, nor are we sure of their nature.

You can read more about it in the interview conducted with our CEO in this link: http://www.wpcentral.com/viber-cites-same-reasons-skype-no-wp7-client

@Wolfhound14 -
    It's our pleasure :)

All,

Viber 2.1.3 is about to be released hopefully within the next few days. It should solve most of the major problems you are experiencing on iOS (especially iOS5 and iOS3), so please make sure you download and install it once it's available.

Should you still encounter problems on that new version, please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

All,

Viber 2.1.3 is about to be released hopefully within the next few days. It should solve most of the major problems you are experiencing on iOS (especially iOS5 and iOS3), so please make sure you download and install it once it's available.

? IOS DOES NOT COMPUTE

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

All,

Good stuff. I have noticed Viber is not loving iOS 5. :)

All,

Does it work with ICS, Android 4.0? Just got my Galaxy Nexus and wondering....

We're working on ICS support these very days. It probably won't happen overnight (remember that ICS was release just a short while ago and it's not just a GUI change), but we certainly hope to release a fully ICS supporting version fairly soon.

We're working on ICS support these very days. It probably won't happen overnight (remember that ICS was release just a short while ago and it's not just a GUI change), but we certainly hope to release a fully ICS supporting version fairly soon.

Cheers, downloaded it but it wont launch....just refreshes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

madmoe wrote: »
    Cheers, downloaded it but it wont launch....just refreshes

I just came in to talk about the same thing, ah well, its what we get for being early adopters, there are bound to be kinks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 joemcd1

Just got a Galaxy Nexus too. Looking forward to an updated version.

Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Any update on when Viber will support ICS? Many thanks.

Still in the process of development and testing, and nearing the end.

We apologize for the long wait, but we want to make sure we release a fully-functional ICS-compatible version, rather than a half-baked app.

We're doing the best to complete it ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Is this ever going to integrate with any of the other diallers out there (like it does on iphone)

subway wrote: »
    Is this ever going to integrate with any of the other diallers out there (like it does on iphone)

What exactly do you mean? Not sure I fully understood.

In the iphone phonebook you have a viber button if the person is on viber.
    With android you have to open the separate viber phonebook to check.
    I use "go" dialler as it has the features I want and looks good but has no option for a viber call, for example

I see now.

Well, Viber integrates with Android's native phone book. We are aware of the problem that for some Android users this integration does not work properly, and we're working to fix it right now.
    About integration to custom dialers - unfortunately that is something we cannot control. You'll need to contact that dialer's developers and ask them to take care of that integration.

hmm, i really just used that as an example, but it doesnt integrate with stock dialler on any android phone that i have seen.
    could you post a screenshot of what it looks like when integrated with the dialler and confirm which phones/android version it works on?

thanks

Still in the process of development and testing, and nearing the end.

We apologize for the long wait, but we want to make sure we release a fully-functional ICS-compatible version, rather than a half-baked app.

We're doing the best to complete it ASAP.

strange, when I go to the market it says the current version of viber is compatible with my Galaxy Nexus (ICS).

Is that an issue with the market that needs to be highlighted to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cqms13

subway wrote: »
    hmm, i really just used that as an example, but it doesnt integrate with stock dialler on any android phone that i have seen.
    could you post a screenshot of what it looks like when integrated with the dialler and confirm which phones/android version it works on?

thanks

integrates fine on sensation for me:D

album.php?albumid=1957

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

strange, when I go to the market it says the current version of viber is compatible with my Galaxy Nexus (ICS).

Is that an issue with the market that needs to be highlighted to them?

It simply does not work on ICS. Viber should ask for it to be removed from the market for ICS users until the software is updated.

Advertisement