Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Viber.

My OH has a HTC Desire with Gingerbread. Her account keeps "deactivating", so she has to re-enter her phone number and re-activate using a code. She ended up uninstalling the app for now.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks, BN

Edit: One other question - I've been using Viber 2.1 a few days now and sound is extremely low. I've an Galaxy S2. I've the volume up to max. Is there anything I can do to hire the volume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

About the deactivations - does she have a custom ROM installed on her Desire?
    Also - did she try installing the latest version of Viber from Market?
    Lastly - please instruct her to install Viber, activate, then manually go to Settings and deactivate her account. Then reinstall again, and try it.

The low-volume issue is known to us and we're working this very moment to fix it. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

Thanks for the quick responce.

No custom ROM. Official Gingerbread from HTC. I installed it only about 1 week ago.
    I only installed Viber over the weekend - direct from the market.
    I'll give the activate/deactivate ago later this evening.

On the sound issue - great news. Keep up the good work.

There is already a newer version than the one a week ago, that's why I suggested to download and test it.

OK, waiting for your report.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I can't find it in the App Market on my Galaxy Tab 10.1?? Is it compatible with tablets?

• Advertisement

Oh, well by the weekend I mean sat 15th (3 days ago), but I'll download it again and give it ago. Thanks for the help!! Will report back with an update later.
    Viber wrote: »
    There is already a newer version than the one a week ago, that's why I suggested to download and test it.

OK, waiting for your report.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This app is great. I call someone in the UK regularly and Viber is brilliant for it. No need to sit at a computer, or even sign into something like Skype on your phone. Just open it up, call contact and you're done. Call quality is almost flawless, which is a lot more than can be said for Skype on Android (practically useless).

madmoe wrote: »
    I can't find it in the App Market on my Galaxy Tab 10.1?? Is it compatible with tablets?

Please try to reboot your phone and try again.
    If it still doesn't appear on Market, please check out the link in this page: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/100/16/cant-download-from-android-market

I'd appreciate if you could report back if it installs and works fine on your Tablet.

If it still doesn't appear on Market, please check out the link in this page: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/100/16/cant-download-from-android-market

I'd appreciate if you could report back if it installs and works fine on your Tablet.

Will give it a try later today....

Hi Viber, seems to be working ok since the re-install yesterday. No problems yet.

Thanks again for the help. BN

• Advertisement

Great news!
    Feel free to contact me again should you have any more problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

SD card - there is *some* support for SD cards on the new version, but not full. Please try it out, and report back if it works for you or not.

Using HTC Wildfire, aproximately 18MB-20MB of free space, no "low on space message"
    >Viber installed to phone
    >got "low on space" message
    >moved to SD
    >still low on space message (only 3MB left in phone storage after moving to SD?)
    >attempted to move back to phone and repeat "move to sd"
    >got "not enough space on phone" message
    >Uninstalled Viber
    >Still have "Low on space" message, 9MB left after clearing cache

>viber installed to iPod touch (4th Gen), messaging works perfectly, voice call a bit hit and miss, awaiting better android release

Anybody know why my storage space got halved after install/uninstall

Using HTC Wildfire, aproximately 18MB-20MB of free space, no "low on space message"
    >Viber installed to phone
    >got "low on space" message
    >moved to SD
    >still low on space message (only 3MB left in phone storage after moving to SD?)
    >attempted to move back to phone and repeat "move to sd"
    >got "not enough space on phone" message
    >Uninstalled Viber
    >Still have "Low on space" message, 9MB left after clearing cache

>viber installed to iPod touch (4th Gen), messaging works perfectly, voice call a bit hit and miss, awaiting better android release

Anybody know why my storage space got halved after install/uninstall

Hmm... we haven't gotten such reports since releasing the new SD-supporting version. Are you sure it's Viber that took up this space? (Can you browse your phone and see which folder was added anew?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Can you browse your phone and see which folder was added anew?

In the process...

Can I assume the full app isn't moved to the SD card then (only a portion of it is) considering the memory increased when it was uninstalled?

Again - as far as we know, there aren't any problems with the move of the app to the SD card. This is the first case we heard of such a problem, which leads us to think there might be a problem with the device itself, or the OS.

We are checking the possibility for such an event, and if we have conclusions - I will fill you in.

There was no link to download on the one you provided?? Can you send me the APK?

@madmoe -
    I have also replied to your private message - the link is temporarily down for maintenance reasons. It should be back up shortly.

@madmoe -
    I have also replied to your private message - the link is temporarily down for maintenance reasons. It should be back up shortly.

Cheers!

Hi again everyone,

It has come to our attention several days ago that Vodafone has removed their block of VoIP (maybe specifically for Viber) over their 3G networks, even for basic plans.

Is that correct? Can you verify?

the Viber Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hi again everyone,

It has come to our attention several days ago that Vodafone has removed their block of VoIP (maybe specifically for Viber) over their 3G networks, even for basic plans.

Is that correct? Can you verify?

the Viber Team.
    never had a problem with vodafone and Skype

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    never had a problem with vodafone and Skype

But have you tried Viber on Vodafone? (on basic plans, not special-VoIP plans).
    Has it worked all long? Does it work now?

But have you tried Viber on Vodafone? (on basic plans, not special-VoIP plans).
    Has it worked all long? Does it work now?

I am on a corporate data\phone plan with Vodafone, just tried it on 3G and works perfectly.....

Cheers,
    M

Thank you or the report.

Thank you or the report.

No probs! It's still not great on my WiFi Galaxy Tab though :-( Crashes a lot....

No probs! It's still not great on my WiFi Galaxy Tab though :-( Crashes a lot....

Note that Viber does not officially support Tabs yet. We're working on it, but we still don't know when it will be fully compatible.

Meanwhile, there's a new version 2.1.3 coming up. Find it on Android when it's released, and see if it helps the crashes.

Note that Viber does not officially support Tabs yet. We're working on it, but we still don't know when it will be fully compatible.

Meanwhile, there's a new version 2.1.3 coming up. Find it on Android when it's released, and see if it helps the crashes.

Great, have you a direct link for it as it's not showing in the Market on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for me.....

Great, have you a direct link for it as it's not showing in the Market on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for me.....

Try the link in our website: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/100/0/cant-download-from-android-market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ironhand

Thank goodness Viber is still free and has no ads.

Just installed latest version on Galaxy Tab 10.1 and have less crashing but still stuck in portrait only mode. Is landscape supported on phones guys??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just installed latest version on Galaxy Tab 10.1 and have less crashing but still stuck in portrait only mode. Is landscape supported on phones guys??

Nope, doesn't really make sense supporting landscape for a phone app, I know the native phone does but it looks ****e and is crap to use.

I can see how landscape mode would suit a tablet though.

Advertisement