Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

According to sky news its back up now.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009115992335

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

According to sky news its back up now.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009115992335

It is still undergoing maintenance here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm gonna go watch Liverpool later and when I come back you best be there waiting with your online connectivity goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It just prompted me that I needed a system update . I updated but still can't get my black beauty on line :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Yes. You will be back on in a few hours

apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Prompted me for the update also...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Downloaded mine off playstation.com, took all of 10 minutes +installation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

I think we need help. We are like a bunch of strung out junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I think we need help. We are like a bunch of strung out junkies.

Gah, i've spent the last 3 weeks locked in a room with a load of books, now that my exams are over i have no idea what to do with myself, THIS IS ALL I HAVE!!!!!!!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It's like been in a war, when this is all over, will we still all be friends? :P

Seriously though, every one who posted on this thread should hook up for some team death match. Killing each other would make us a lot happier :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Final college exam on Thursday so I can't say i'm too disappointed with the timing of it's return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stack0487

Nightmare lads, I was certain i was doing something wrong earlier when I was trying to sign in, so I unchecked the remember password box, and now for the life of me can't remember it!!
    PS why are Ireland always last? :)

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Yes. You will be back on in a few hours

apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

stack0487 wrote: »
    Nightmare lads, I was certain i was doing something wrong earlier when I was trying to sign in, so I unchecked the remember password box, and now for the life of me can't remember it!!

America is apparently fully back online, the UK has partial restoration, id say it will be germany, france and then probably some of the smaller countries, I wouldnt expect full retoration till tonight and Ireland will probably be one of the last!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

So just to make sure I've got it straight, I've downloaded update. I don't have original ps3, so when network is back up I need to change my password via pc and can't change this till it's back up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is that the original PS that the account was set up on?
    If not, is the email address still active?

Should be back today ....,

dammedance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smetes

Sony Ireland said via a Facebook update that gamers can expect the PlayStation Network to be up by the end of the day:

Hi guys, we cant give you an exact time as to when PSN will be up in Ireland but progress in US is good and were aiming to be back in Europe by the end of the day. Also, if anyone is having trouble changing password you can contact the customer care team on 0818 365 065.?The PSN is already starting to come back online in America.

http://reflexorbit.com/2011/05/15/sony-gives-official-update-on-when-european-psn-will-be-back/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

FFS Ireland is always last

At least its coming back anyway :)

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Is that the original PS that the account was set up on?
    If not, is the email address still active?

Its not the same PS3 actually, but I'm not worried about that. From my understanding, as long as you had previously linked the account to the PS3 (original PS3 or not) and made a transaction, you can reset the password on it. But if it was a random PS3 you never previously used on the PS Store, you'd need to go the email route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I like how america comes first and we are last

Thanks sony :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Its not the same PS3 actually, but I'm not worried about that. From my understanding, as long as you had previously linked the account to the PS3 (original PS3 or not) and made a transaction, you can reset the password on it. But if it was a random PS3 you never previously used on the PS Store, you'd need to go the email route.
    Thanks for clearing that up.like a lot of people ,my original one YLOD'ed.
    Had heard about how new ps3's would not be recognised but what you say would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Australia's not last?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I like how america comes first and we are last

Thanks sony :pac::pac:

was to be expected, they even got a cool state by state map of where its on and stuff :(

ben101 wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up.like a lot of people ,my original one YLOD'ed.
    Had heard about how new ps3's would not be recognised but what you say would make more sense.

Yeah, I think a lot of people have had at least 2 PS3s since the generation began, so I reckon Sony realises this. I think they just want to be sure the person who owns the ID is resetting the password on it, thus the linked PS3 requirement. It may need to be the master account on the PS3 though, not a sub account. I have sub accounts for UK, JP, US, HK, and AU so it's going to be a bit of an ordeal resetting all of those!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

FFS - the PSN is back today yeah??? and my exams start tommorrow :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

James_LWAU wrote: »
    will we be able to download the free games if it goes back up today?

Online play will be up those free games won't come until the store is back up and they said it'll take a bit longer for that.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    FFS - the PSN is back today yeah??? and my exams start tommorrow :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Shouldn't you be studying then? Isn't this a good thing? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

MarkY91 wrote: »
    was to be expected, they even got a cool state by state map of where its on and stuff :(

So i'm guessing we shouldn't expect a similar map for county to county restoration then?? :pac:

Advertisement