Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

keithc83 wrote: »
    So i'm guessing we shouldn't expect a similar map for county to county restoration then?? :pac:

of course not mister thanks whore...a european country to country restoration map would be more logical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

does the 1 month PSN Plus start from when we get it back or is it when we decide to activate it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This is why no one likes america

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

MarkY91 wrote: »
    of course not mister thanks whore...

I can't help it. Funny, sarcastic and informative posts will get a thanks from me! :p lol

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

right, I have the ps3 update on my memory key and have it plugged into the ps3 itself....now how do I update the flinging flaming thing

• Advertisement

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    right, I have the ps3 update on my memory key and have it plugged into the ps3 itself....now how do I update the flinging flaming thing

Is the key formatted to FAT32.
    Is the folder structure on your memory key: PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP
    Go to system update then once you have done the above and select update via storage media.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stack0487

Mayo_Boy wrote: »

Create folders PS3>UPDATE>then put the file in this folder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Get in! :pac:

I hope it's back online for when I get home after the Liverpool match. Though there goes any chance of me studying for my exams. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Is the key formatted to FAT32.
    Is the folder structure on your memory key: PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP
    Go to system update then once you have done the above and select update via storage media.
    stack0487 wrote: »
    Create folders PS3>UPDATE>then put the file in this folder
    Yup had the folders created just didnt know where to find the update on the ps3 itself.
    Cheers :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Updated.....How do I change my password?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

First thing im gonna do is sync my trophies , by the time thats finished ps4 be out :pac::pac:

Updated.....How do I change my password?

All youve done is update the firmware. PSN is still down. You have to wait until PSN is back up to change your password. That might be today or tomorrow apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

stack0487 wrote: »
    All youve done is update the firmware. PSN is still down. You have to wait until PSN is back up to change your password. That might be today or tomorrow apparently.

I hope its today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I hope its today :(

Being honest we all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

aye i've got about 50-80 trophies since the psn was down, it may take a while to sync them. finally i can get a game of portal 2 mp in... hopefully..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I can't help it. Funny, sarcastic and informative posts will get a thanks from me! :p lol

lol i kinda expected someone to reply with your county by county post i should have mentioned i meant for europe :( lol

Well if they did it for the US states then a map for Europe really should be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Well if they did it for the US states then a map for Europe really should be expected.

I cant even get onto the EU PS blog site, can load up the US one with the map no bother, but the EU page says the server wont send data, hopefully thats them putting up a map.

I'm gonna be staring at that map the rest of the night...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Your surprised Europe is getting shafted? I'm not, Europe's constantly getting the short end of the stick from Sony even though we have a much larger install base of PS3s than the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I'm online now installing the new update :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I'm online now installing the new update :D
    Update != PSN.

PS Europe must be too busy watching re-runs of the Eurovision.
    Not my joke.

Update != PSN.

PS Europe must be too busy watching re-runs of the Eurovision.
    Not my joke.
    Well hopefully I can play online after it installs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

First thing im gonna do is sync my trophies , by the time thats finished ps4 be out :pac::pac:

Just loaded up Battlefield and it synched my trophies.....I'm sure that didn't happen yesterday, but maybe it did and I'm losing my mind. Still no sign-in though.

Son of a bitch!! Only new update, GOD DAMMIT!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Son of a bitch!! Only new update, GOD DAMMIT!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Its only getting the PS3's ready for when PSN goes live. Europe is not back yet but should be later today and Ireland will probably be one of the last of those countries to come back.

Its only getting the PS3's ready for when PSN goes live. Europe is not back yet but should be later today and Ireland will probably be one of the last of those countries to come back.
    I had so much false hope :(

They will be announcing on http://twitter.com/#!/PLAYSTATIONEU when each territory comes back online. It will be back later so only a few hours at most to go now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

The UK is not back yet anyway!

The UK is not back yet anyway!

I would have preferred if they had said nothing and released no update until they were closer to having PSN online in all countries. No update from SCEE since 3pm... Total BS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭portach king

Guys, calm down. You waited a month. You can wait a few hours. A watched pot never boils

Advertisement