Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

"In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3′s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online."

Not the most accurate instructions. Am I the only one who read this bit and expected to see a prompt to change password?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

kin9pin wrote: »
    "In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3′s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online."

Not the most accurate instructions. Am I the only one who read this bit and expected to see a prompt to change password?

installed aswel but no prompt for password. I'd say itll be a little while. Last states in the US & Canada were on at 8.04. Europe should be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

is it on yet? il get out if bed if it is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

is it on yet? il get out if bed if it is lol

Stay in bed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Anything else?: You'll be getting two free PS3 and PSP games out of a selection of five when its back up. Also a month free PSN Plus.

Is that true? I doubt it is?

Is it back up yet?... everyone logs on at the same time and crash again:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

Back up? Im downloading update 3.61 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

You can download the update but you can't log on yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

holuc wrote: »
    Is that true? I doubt it is?

It is. Blogged by Sony last week.
    holuc wrote: »
    Is it back up yet?... everyone logs on at the same time and crash again:eek:

Do ye not read any of the previous posts.
    It's not back up in Ireland, yet.
    Update 3.61 will force a password change when PSN goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SeanQCitizen

F1ngers wrote: »
    It is. Blogged by Sony last week.

Do ye not read any of the previous posts.
    It's not back up in Ireland, yet.
    Update 3.61 will force a password change when PSN goes live.

How about now? Is it back now? What do the previous posts say F1ngers? Do they say it's back? How about now?
    tongue.gif

I am a bit surprised though that I still can't change password.

A bit peeved too. I've had a nice quiet free gaf for the last 4 days. Wife back this evening about 30 mins after I get in from work. Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am not prompted to download an update. Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    So you thought up all that by yourself?

Fair play. Less of the pasting stuff that's so obvious on sites that's so obvious we've already have seen

Suspiria

:rolleyes:

jaysus sorry for disturbing your already hectic life there

Shin

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am not prompted to download an update. Oh well

Try to sign in and it should tell you that you need to. Failing that just go to the settings drop menu and at the very top go to system update and do it yourself. If you still can't it might be an idea to save the update file to your PC, if you have a usb key, anyway. Thats how I did it and it worked a charm. Well, insofar as there was no discernable difference but I am no longer prompted to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Would I be right in assuming I will lose my account?. the email I used has long been deactivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would I be right in assuming I will lose my account?. the email I used has long been deactivated.

I think you can change it without the email if it's on an already activated PS3 tied to you account.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

When you change your password, an email message may be sent to the email address registered with PlayStation Network (your sign-in ID). If you cannot receive messages at your registered email address, you will not be able to change your password.
    If you cannot receive messages at the email address you have registered as your sign-in ID, prepare an email address that you can use to receive messages and contact us at ie.playstation.com/contact before you attempt to change your password.
    Depending on your country/region of residence and the network environment you are using, you may not be able to change your PlayStation Network account password or make use of PlayStation Network services for some time after updating your PS3 system software.
    The ability to change PlayStation Network account passwords and use PlayStation Network services - except for PlayStation Store - will be made available in all regions within a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Updating the firmware on my ps3's , at least it's a step in the right direction :D .

Clover wrote: »
    Updating the firmware on my ps3's , at least it's a step in the right direction :D .

"PS3's"!! Well pardon me your highness.:pac:

You must have been twice as pissed off as the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Looks like they are doing a phased restore based on countries and regions.
    All of the USA and Canada are back online now, waiting for them to turn on access in Europe today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

"PS3's"!! Well pardon me your highness.:pac:

You must have been twice as pissed off as the rest of us.

Three times actually ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

PSN should start coming back online in Europe from 3pm today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Link??

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Link or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

http://gamergaia.com/home/gaming-news/2-news/151-europe-japan-and-australia-to-get-psn-tomorrow-morning.html

Mentions 3pm GMT for uk.

Also mentions UNCONFIRMED SOURCE, how bizarre :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

3pm GMT is 4pm BST so we will know in 3 and a half hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I've waited the guts of a month, I'm happy enough to wait a few more hours, (Hopefully!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I would suggest anyone on twitter sholud follow these: http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU
    The phased rollout of certain PSN services has begun and we'll tweet when each territory goes back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

will we be able to download the free games if it goes back up today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

These last 3 weeks has really opened my eyes just how some people out there that really need help , ive seen people trade in ps3 for a 360 just cause they couldnt live without online , ive also seen alot of people on different sites and forums saying they will commit suicide , some of these people need help ,past 3 weeks i didnt care there was no online, i survived withoutit from my mega drive days to my ps2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

PSN is restored the day after my last exam.... just sayin'.....

Advertisement