Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

^^^
    Looking fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

its that 70s vibe.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »
    its that 70s vibe.....

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm not intensely jealous ........

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

A frosty morning meant avoiding a planned trip into the Dublin mountains for a few loops over Howth. Great morning, I'd almost forgotten how beautiful Dublin bay is.

2013_%25202_%25202_20_58.jpg

Then on the way home I went over the East Link and swung past what I think is one of Dublins best modern structures

2013_%25202_%25202_20_59.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

It's an absolutely fabulous place to cycle over here. lovely roads, lovely weather, stupidly hard climbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

lennymc wrote: »
    It's an absolutely fabulous place to cycle over here. lovely roads, lovely weather, stupidly hard climbs.

Fantastic, while I was slogging up the wind tunnell that is the Julienstown-Duleek Rd, you were cycling in that weather, I'm not jealous either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

8447427288_35cc405e7e_c.jpg

8447426978_19fce35ec4_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Sunrise this morning on Military rd. Nice to have some light back in the mornings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Sunrise this morning on Military rd. Nice to have some light back in the mornings.

Looks fantastic. Planning on going up there and maybe on to Laragh and Rathdrum over the weekend. Any sign of ice, or has it pretty much cleared up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

smacl wrote: »

Looks fantastic. Planning on going up there and maybe on to Laragh and Rathdrum over the weekend. Any sign of ice, or has it pretty much cleared up?

No ice there this morning, though I didn't go to the dodgiest place there which is at the small forest right after that fairly sharp right bend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Cronohill, near Kilworth.

240158.JPG

app.strava.com/activities/40198677#662716718

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The road signs for the Wexford cycle loops are always a bit mysterious, but this one is just bizarre...Do they want me to go down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The road signs for the Wexford cycle loops are always a bit mysterious, but this one is just bizarre...Do they want me to go down there?

Yes, now get on with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Raam wrote: »
    Yes, now get on with it.

I would need one of these to go much further.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Lose the hat or Doozerie (fashion police) will be after ya!

t'bear wrote: »
    Lose the hat or Doozerie (fashion police) will be after ya!

He might get sick all over my good stetson! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭nilhg

Took the bog road yesterday,

8461302298_fba0cf3df5_c.jpg
    bog road-2 by cilldara, on Flickr

8460200933_d9eb8d64c1_c.jpg
    bog road-1 by cilldara, on Flickr

On the way home passed where most of the bog will end up,

8461304514_df4dd0cf24_c.jpg
    bog road-3 by cilldara, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

That's where the slow horses will end up, now that we cannot sneak them over to the mainland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Roadtoad wrote: »
    That's where the slow horses will end up, now that we cannot sneak them over to the mainland!
    I thought the horses were coming *from* the mainland. Mind you, if there are any French or Polish boardies on here, they might disagree ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭nilhg

Roadtoad wrote: »

We wont open that can of dogfood worms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

223581_509263475778457_1290498684_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Pink morning

dd97a76f-3e47-47a0-8018-40e4837c96af_zpsaaf4a8cc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

The light was great this afternoon at Mornington, near Drogheda. This is The Maiden Tower:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24354102/SAM_0484.JPG

The high tide was just on the turn in the Boyne estuary:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24354102/SAM_0485.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Just a few hundred metres from my house on my way home after doing 70km for the first time. I reckoned I needed a souvenir.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93267235@N07/8479117751/in/photostream

The afternoon light was great at Baltray yesterday.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24354102/Baltray.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

New Ross Road coming out of Enniscorthy? Signage in general around that neck of the woods can be very poor, so probably best to do the exact opposite of suggestions provided by any signs!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

A winter ride in Val d'Azun

med_gallery_1_87_37040.jpg
    Col du Couraduque

med_gallery_1_87_17304.jpg
    Col du Soulor

med_gallery_1_87_96451.jpg
    Near Lac d'Estaing.

All photos with phone.

http://app.strava.com/activities/41094392

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

no they are inserted into the ground the right way, i use to erect crash barriers

cython wrote: »
    New Ross Road coming out of Enniscorthy? Signage in general around that neck of the woods can be very poor, so probably best to do the exact opposite of suggestions provided by any signs!

I've done all 3 loops now, and the signs are just bizarrely bad. When I did the first one, I thought someone around Kilmore had just went on a spree of turning signs around for fun. But seriously, they point in completely random directions all over the county. I just don't understand how someone can fail so badly at pointing a sign down the road...

• Advertisement

I'm sure the Co Council staff put them up pointing in the correct direction. I suspect it's our own yobbos who twist them round for a bit of 'fun'. A civics course in school and a little less drink might help a lot.

Advertisement