Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

Irish Tri-athlete Gavin Noble just posted this, should be easily recognized so if anyone sees this at lunchtime try and alert/intervene whatever.

w1s9yh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

274509.png

Picture of the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭littlesista

Keep an eye out for this bike stolen from Gavin Noble (triathlete) this afternoon. sentimental value apparently as used racing in London Olympics 2012.

Details/tweets from Gavin below:

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 21m
    Red water bottle, blue water bottle, garmin computer, zipp 101 ... http://pic.twitter.com/nIdkzjmnU3
    View photo

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 39m
    Quarq power meter, my name is on it, sentimental value, #olympics
    from Dublin City, Dublin

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 41m
    Baggy yellow Tshirt , jeans, #dublin #bike #stolen #finglas #cabra
    from Dublin City, Dublin

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 46m
    Just had my bike stolen in Ashtown - silver specialized sworks venge - 17/18yrold headed in direction of Cabra/finglas - pls RT
    from Dublin City, Dublin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Merged with stolen bikes thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Keep an eye out for this bike stolen from Gavin Noble (triathlete) this afternoon. sentimental value apparently as used racing in London Olympics 2012.

Details/tweets from Gavin below:

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 21m
    Red water bottle, blue water bottle, garmin computer, zipp 101 ... http://pic.twitter.com/nIdkzjmnU3
    View photo

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 39m
    Quarq power meter, my name is on it, sentimental value, #olympics
    from Dublin City, Dublin

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 41m
    Baggy yellow Tshirt , jeans, #dublin #bike #stolen #finglas #cabra
    from Dublin City, Dublin

gavin noble ‏@gavontwitt 46m
    Just had my bike stolen in Ashtown - silver specialized sworks venge - 17/18yrold headed in direction of Cabra/finglas - pls RT
    from Dublin City, Dublin
    I've shared this on my FB page.

Do you think the thieves will now know the true worth of a bike like this now that it has been publicised in the media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭uli84

God, seen that happening today, hope that man will get the bike back. Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You actually saw the act ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭uli84

Not sure how it all happened but I've seen the thief on the bike and some guys running after him, just in front of amphibian king in Ashtown.:(
    Was just out on a walk with the baby & couldn't believe my eyes.

I'll share the msg and truly hope it'll be recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I was talking to a friend of mine who also had their shed broken in to and two bikes taken,They told me that the Gardai are pulling scobs/scumbags off bikes that are a bit flashy for them to be on.
    Hopefully that lad who competed in the Olympics gets his bike back,It is over two weeks since my bike got lifted and hopefully in the next week or two I can settle with the insurance company,But that does not mean that I will move on when I get a replacement bike my search will continue online and out on the streets for my old bike.
    After all I did come across a bike robbed on me some years back locked in town so I just waited on the lad to come and unlock it only for me to pounce on him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I was talking to a friend of mine who also had their shed broken in to and two bikes taken,They told me that the Gardai are pulling scobs/scumbags off bikes that are a bit flashy for them to be on.
    Hopefully that lad who competed in the Olympics gets his bike back,It is over two weeks since my bike got lifted and hopefully in the next week or two I can settle with the insurance company,But that does not mean that I will move on when I get a replacement bike my search will continue online and out on the streets for my old bike.
    After all I did come across a bike robbed on me some years back locked in town so I just waited on the lad to come and unlock it only for me to pounce on him.:D

That's how a work mate of mine got his back. A lad 'known to Gardaí' on a €1300 bike, yanked him off it, ran the serial number and mate got his bike back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Pass through Rialto on the luas a bit, have seen the fair share of scobes on flash bikes.... Good work by the guards though

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭clodola

Make: CUBE
    Model: AIM Disc 2012
    Colour: Grey/Blue
    Modifications: DMR V8 Silver pedals
    Stolen From: Rowan Park, Blackrock

1_zps20b13b7b.png
    Chassis_zpsd20d3bfe.png
    3_zpsf00fd7fb.png
    2_zpsd04537f3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Was the bike locked,looks like its on balcony of apartment,was that just for photos?reason I ask is I keep mine in my apartment!

Was the bike locked,looks like its on balcony of apartment,was that just for photos?reason I ask is I keep mine in my apartment!

It was locked in my Friends garage but what baffle's me , is, no forced entry to the garage or sign of a break-in (nothing was disturbed). Bike went in Sunday, Wednesday morning it was gone when the Garage was opened, 4K worth of tools in there too and other bikes, car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

clodola wrote: »
    It was locked in my Friends garage but what baffle's me , is, no forced entry to the garage or sign of a break-in (nothing was disturbed). Bike went in Sunday, Wednesday morning it was gone when the Garage was opened, 4K worth of tools in there too and other bikes, car

were the tools stolen to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Sticky Bottle have been publishing details of stolen bikes of late, maybe send it on to them and they can publicize it a bit. The pictures u have are good so maybe someone will see it up there.

mondeo wrote: »
    were the tools stolen to?

Just my bike, nothing else was moved or touched

dedocdude wrote: »
    Sticky Bottle have been publishing details of stolen bikes of late, maybe send it on to them and they can publicize it a bit. The pictures u have are good so maybe someone will see it up there.

Thanks! I have it on Bike register.ie too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

You think there might be a chance your mate had something to do with it? Sorry for saying that but no forced entry and nothing belong to your mate was taken so it kinda makes me wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Have you contacted the Gardai to report the theft and circumstances?
    They might be able to provide some insight to thefts in the area or shed some light on the circumstances of the crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mondeo wrote: »
    You think there might be a chance your mate had something to do with it? Sorry for saying that but no forced entry and nothing belong to your mate was taken so it kinda makes me wonder.
    Or someone else who had access to the garage - a family member or a friend.

First thing I'd be asking is whether anyone had the garage door open over the weekend. 10 seconds with the door open and nobody watching is all it would take a scrote to walk off with the bike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Merged with Stolen Bikes Thread :)

seamus wrote: »
    Or someone else who had access to the garage - a family member or a friend.

First thing I'd be asking is whether anyone had the garage door open over the weekend. 10 seconds with the door open and nobody watching is all it would take a scrote to walk off with the bike.

Supposedly the bike was put in Sunday and when it was opened Wednesday it was gone. You need to move the car to get it in/out

The cleaner was there on Tuesday but she has no key to the garage , highly doubtful but worth asking. I am still trying to get him to contact her, two weeks on; Frustrating to say the least. Asked 4 times now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Thanks! I have it on Bike register.ie too

no bother dude, hope u get it back, as much publicity as possible will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

I spotted this bike on Talbot street last night at about 8pm. A little blonde chubby fella no more than 12 years old. He couldn't even sit on the bike and pedal. Himself and another few lads were eating chips outside a takeaway on Talbot st near the corner to Amiens st. I noticed that it was a new looking Cube and the distinctive blue highlights. I always see young fellas around there with super bikes. The Guards regularly take them off them, so I would check Store St Garda station and let them know it's been spotted there.
    I'll keep an eye out, hopefully it'll show up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Hope you get your Cube back,

had a bike taken off me before.. but from now on i keep my bike in the house from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 klr

25.jpg

Hi,

My cannondale six13 was stolen this evening around 6.20 from the side of my house just off phillipsburg avenue in fairview.
    Its a jet black 20 gear roadbike with 'Cannondale six13' and 'made in USA' in silver writing on it.
    Its a 56cm frame with a black saddle, black handlebar tape and it has black crud catchers on it. The rear crud catcher is held on by gaffa tape.
    This bike was stolen from the side of my house when I went in to open the back door. Just a couple of opportunistic 'lads', and was witneesed by neighbours who called the law fairly quickly. it was seen around fairview, merino tonight. I've given the serial number to the guards.
    If anybody sees this bike (Probably around D3) - can you please let me know.

Thanks.

KLR

KLR I've editted out your phone number, it's not a good idea to have it up there. Anyone with any information can either pm the user or post it here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 klr

thanks - its a ready to go number with no details that I use for boards, ebay and nothing else but I appreciate the advice.

klr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 misslainey

didier Louis.jpg

missing nut.jpg

rear brake assembly.jpg

wrap around.jpg

A Taxi Driver (!!!) stole this bike last night ( and a macbook pro) while the owner stopped to get money at ATM in Roselawn shopping centre.

Blue Didier Louis racer with worn yellow leather saddle. Missing nut from rear brake assembly, which is just wrapped around the saddle stem.

Please pm any info

Advertisement