Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

david wrote: »
    My daily commuter Bianchi Pista got robbed 19/08 7.15pm by a 16-21yr old approx 5'6 male, full grey tracksuit, near Portobello. Spotted by a cycle Garda headed in the direction of Dolphin's Barn. Reward for any info leading to her safe return.

143959.jpg
    143958.jpg

Added mavic openpro rims, same tyres and a small black bell since these pics were taken.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fi%2F251536689221-0-1%2Fs-l1000.jpg&f=1
    Lovely looking bike. Best of luck getting it back. I don't live far from Dolphins Barn. I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

Hi Folks,

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I saw these three guys on bikes as I was walking on Bridgefoot St. in Dublin yesterday. Not sure how to describe it but the (expensive) looks of the bikes (one of them bright red S-WORKS with a very distinctive type of frame and wheels) didn't quite match the looks of the users - tracksuit, no helmet or any other cycling gear.
    It could be a coincidence and mean nothing but posting just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Has anybody lost a green single-speed in the last few days, or knows someone who has?

A bike was found locked to nothing but itself on Harcourt Street or nearby on Sunday night/Monday morning. 2 rickshaw drivers saw it and moved it in front of where I work. Which sounds dodgy but they explained that it wasn't locked and would only be stolen otherwise to 2 of our security guys. At least near us there was light and cameras. So our guys took it inside as it wasn't safe outside us either.

So now it's sitting in my office, i will drop around to a Garda station on my way home to report it and see if they will take it in instead.

Anyway, if anyone thinks it's theirs can they PM me what their bike looked like etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Anybody lost a small flatbar gunmetal grey Lapierre?

Spotted an unlikely rider locally and reckon it probably could be recovered if it has been stolen. PM me for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

If I see a bike locked up that is the exact same as the one stolen off of me last year can I legally look at the serial number on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

adam240610 wrote: »
    If I see a bike locked up that is the exact same as the one stolen off of me last year can I legally look at the serial number on it?

If it's in a public place I see no reason why you couldn't look right up it's down tube!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Saw a blue and white Pinarello locked outside Eddie Rockets on Camden St late Sunday night. Not the usual type of bike you'd see locked up, looked to have a really nice spec too. Just in case anybody is missing one

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Hi guys,

Our garage was broken into the other night and 5 of our bikes were robbed. Would really appreciate if people would keep an eye out for them. The bikes are in the below post, main bike to look out for is a brand new Red Cannondale Carbon Synapse. Absolutely sickened about it and would love to catch the scum who did this.

https://www.facebook.com/evan.cunningham.391/posts/10211088989119817?notif_t=like&notif_id=1504775934722284

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Hi guys,

Our garage was broken into the other night and 5 of our bikes were robbed. Would really appreciate if people would keep an eye out for them. The bikes are in the below post, main bike to look out for is a brand new Red Cannondale Carbon Synapse. Absolutely sickened about it and would love to catch the scum who did this.

https://www.facebook.com/evan.cunningham.391/posts/10211088989119817?notif_t=like&notif_id=1504775934722284

Im sure you have but move whatever is left as there is a fair chance they will come back. Hope you have some luck getting them back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

What's the legal responsibility of the management company when the basement is broken into?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Chuchote wrote: »
    What's the legal responsibility of the management company when the basement is broken into?

I imagine it is nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Posting for a club mate.

Can you please keep an eye out in all the usual places for my Look 566 that was stolen from outside work (Citywest) this afternoon at 4.55pm...Fulcrum 3 Wheels,Ultegra 6800 Group Set, 2 * Permanent Marker dots on frame(under seat post)

427349.jpg

427350.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/tad.hassett/posts/2113706425322242

• Registered Users Posts: 1 markstephens

Son's black (was yellow but resprayed) Carlton fixie was stolen from the storage area (locked) at Limerick Train Station 9th-11th Sept 2017. Some retro components on it:

Cinneli 1A stem + handlebars
    Campag Gran Sport seat post

Orange fixie deep section wheels

Brand new Continental Gatorskin tyres

Very distinctive bike - please keep a look out

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Cannondale CAAD Optimo stolen from Carrickmines LUAS stop this evening between 19:20 and 23:45.

Hard to tell from the photo but the front bottle cage is pink.

gBADgQ0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

A bike like that left locked at a LUAS stop for more than 4 hours is going to be gone.

Thargor wrote: »
    A bike like that left locked at a LUAS stop for more than 4 hours is going to be gone.

Strange, really - it would seem such a simple arrest for the Garda cycle squad if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Thank you, that's extraordinarily helpful.

Thank you, that's extraordinarily helpful.
    Sorry for your loss but 4 hours in the dark, what did you think was going to happen?
    Strange, really - it would seem such a simple arrest for the Garda cycle squad if that's true.
    I dont understand are you disagreeing and saying its a safe thing to do? I dont think there is a Garda squad devoted to bike theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, its not useful to Jack but a luas stop, especially Carrickmines, is the last place I'd leave a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, its not useful to Jack but a luas stop, especially Carrickmines, is the last place I'd leave a bike.
    +1. I think some people think some stops are grand, no scumbags wandering around, no opportunistic people wandering about, the stop is off the beaten track etc.

I have not seen any, but I suspect you have thieves just travelling on the luas looking for bikes, they do not even have to get off at some stops as the bike racks are so visible, while you would have to get out of the actual station on a Dart. On a luas they could jump off and back on the next one without even having to pay again. (if paying at all).

The stops being so remote means there are less to see them cutting off chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Sorry for your loss but 4 hours in the dark, what did you think was going to happen?

I dont understand are you disagreeing and saying its a safe thing to do? I dont think there is a Garda squad devoted to bike theft.

George Hook probably lost his job for being perceived as doing what you're doing there.
    Where's the outrage?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Nice idea from SF - "Is this a bait bike" sticker on bikes as a deterrent?

https://twitter.com/SFSAFE/status/474992525585817600

I shall explain.

If there is a place where it is known that theft of valuable property regularly occurs, it would seem that gardaí could arrest thieves easily, with a little planning and collection of evidence.

I shall explain.

If there is a place where it is known that theft of valuable property regularly occurs, it would seem that gardaí could arrest thieves easily, with a little planning and collection of evidence.
    Still not sure what your point is or if you're disagreeing with me, all of Dublin is a "place where it is known that theft of valuable property regularly occurs" these days for expensive looking bikes and has been for a few years now, Carrickmines LUAS stop after dark is just a particularly suicidal place to leave a new looking Cannondale for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If anyone is missing a JEEP MTB, I might know where it is now living. Feel free to PM me with a photo or serial number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I shall explain.

Just passed down Moore Street on the way to work. Easily a dozen people selling tobacco. Been going on for years. Everyone knows. Where are the police? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

KOR101 wrote: »
    Just passed down Moore Street on the way to work. Easily a dozen people selling tobacco. Been going on for years. Everyone knows. Where are the police? :confused:

Sitting at a desk blowing into little plastic tubes. Duhhhh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wolfman63

@bridgestone.eu> wrote:

Hi Cyclists

I am posting in regards to a recent bike (my Daughters) stolen from the medical school car park at the University of Limerick on September 12th 2017 . It was taken from a locked car, in which it was semi dismantled, under a blanket and hidden from plane view. It was a sponsored carbon road bike from a company not yet selling in Ireland (Estrella bikes). It was in possesion by a young female triathlon Ireland development athlete. It was a 'made to order'/original bike and therefore I would appreciate if you are approached with any of the following parts to contact me directly or the Henry street Garda station. 

The bike components where as follows;

45cm Classica carbon frame with internal cables (Black/silver/grey graphics)Cero AR24 wheelsmix of Ultegra and 105 components (11 speed)Look pedals

Please see photo also attached. If you could keep an eye out that would be most appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Unfortunately my trusty Felt X-City 2 bike was stolen from the shed in our back garden shed on Sat or Sun night just gone. Not a great way to start the week. I've owned it for nearly 6 years and I was very fond of it!

It happened in the D6W area and I would appreciate it if you could keep an eye out on the off chance it's seen anywhere. Thanks a million.

Distinguishing features (Serial - FT225)

 Black Brooks saddle
     Raised and curved Albert handlebars
     Shimano 8 speed internal hub gearing
     Rear carrier with red reflector attached
     All spokes fitted with grey/white reflectors
     Name/contact details on black sticker attached to the underside of the
    bike

22365181_10159480271160302_2440210318575187952_n.jpg?oh=a5da7781ccb1ca8f8097d01d84ce04d8&oe=5A8117DD

Advertisement