Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭HowItsMade

Had planned on locking it occasionally in public in town and at college, having second thoughts after reading here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

HowItsMade wrote: »
    Had planned on locking it occasionally in public in town and at college, having second thoughts after reading here :confused:

What kind of bike is it? I would not be locking a new roadbike in public places.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭HowItsMade

exactly that. Point taken, i'll keep it safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

josip wrote: »
    Don't lock it in a shed. Keep it indoors when at home (2) :)

and out of view if possible. I never liked the fact a housemate would have his in the extension area, lads climbing walls scoping out houses could easily see it -and so know there is something worth nicking in the house, and then clean out the house too (not just the shed)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

How come the Prius behind does nothing? I've be beeping like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Effects wrote: »

I'd have driven over the little bollox :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do you really needs to ask about Prius driver... They were saving the environment by not blowing the horn.

Hilarious if he had ran back and the stolen bike he was riding was stolen...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'd have driven over the little bollox :mad:

I'd certainly have driven over his back wheel when he abandoned his own bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I've seen a few video's on Youtube with the guys going around on scooters looking to take a high-powered motorbikes from riders in broad daylight. Didn't think I'd see similar for a road bike in the middle of London.

• Advertisement

Hope the little scrote gave himself a hernia trying to catch up after the first set of lights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xen0phon

https://www.jmhcycles.co.uk/trek-lexa-c-2015-Seeglass-Aloe-Green

Stolen from the shed last night in Lucan. Light grey/Silver colour.

Any news of it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,624 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I'd possibly have been so upset by the event that I'd have missed my brakes and accidentally rear-ended the car with the bike on the back. Would be so sad if the thief got in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭josip

Maybe he had his own dashcam and wanted to maximise run time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nordmats

Had two bikes stolen in Ballsbridge.
    First was stolen between May 1st and 18th. It is a Giant Revolt 2, size M. It has 105 gears and dt24 rims.
    The second was stolen on 19th of May between 8 and 18. It is a Giant Dash 2 size M. It has tiagra gears. It should have a cut rear wheel since the lock was still left locked to the bike rack.

Both was stolen from our locked bike shed in Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Gardai in Navan recovered a Trek Alpha 1.2 last night. they can be contacted on 046-9021445

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

605043.jpg?width=1000&height=1000&format=jpg&quality=70&bgcolor=fffMy new bike has been stolen from my shed. I've previously registered on bikeregister.ie and reported it to them. It's a 2016 model Lapierre Overvolt Shaper. Taken without battery or electronic controller so just a new heavy bike. Mentioning it here in case anyone is offered a cheap deal

Carrier added since picture taken

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Sounds like you need to repost here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226324 Best of luck recovering your bike.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

smacl wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to repost here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226324 Best of luck recovering your bike.
    Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

homer911 wrote: »
    My new bike has been stolen from my shed. I've previously registered on bikeregister.ie and reported it to them. It's a 2016 model Lapierre Overvolt Shaper. Taken without battery or electronic controller so just a new heavy bike. Mentioning it here in case anyone is offered a cheap deal

Carrier added since picture taken

Delighted to report that my bike was found quickly and returned by the Gardai. A bunch of sheds in my area had been raided that night and the bike was abandoned in bushes not too far away (probably when they realized what a pain it is to cycle without the battery!). Needless to say I am beefing up my security. Heavy chains through the joists, new locks and an alarm in order..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Posting this for a friend, her sons' bike was stolen from Coolmine Community School between 10:30 - 1pm today Pics below

bike_2.jpg

bike1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Hi all,

White Claud Butler Urban 500 taken from UCC today 7th June.

Frame number is A********* (i think the first letter is A, the photo I have is dodgy) Brand new chain & rear cogs on it. Rest of the bike has a bit of wear and tear.

Reported to the really helpful security staff at UCC and will be calling to the guards tomorrow too.

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 28,624 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

timod wrote: »
    Hi all,

White Claud Butler Urban 500 taken from UCC today 7th June.

Frame number is XXXXX (i think the first letter is A, the photo I have is dodgy) Brand new chain & rear cogs on it. Rest of the bike has a bit of wear and tear.

Reported to the really helpful security staff at UCC and will be calling to the guards tomorrow too.

Tim

Sorry for your loss, but I wouldn't post the frame number here. It is your way of identifying the bike as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Koolhandluke20

Hey Guys. My Dolan Hercules was stolen from Mobhi Road Drumcondra on Thursday 8th of June at 1530. Assailant left a banged up bike in its place and cycled towards ballymun, finglas area. Got this info from bystanders. Tape bar is yellow and black. Bike is black and white with lock holder. Drink bottle. Saddle bag. Cats eye holders. Not many black and white Dolans on our roads. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it's a case of someone buying the bike and coming across this post. Il gladly refund the cost they payed

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Hi,
    Second time posting in this thread. Bike was stolen from my apartments's underground carpark on Kevin street. Spoke to someone else who said their bike was stolen too, and it was about a week ago - June 2nd. So I guess mine was taken same time as I hadn't checked on it. White Giant OCR 1. Black tyres with red line in centre.
    28a2syg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭jeffk

Posting on behalf of a friend.

Stolen yesterday afternoon in Edgewood Lawns, Blanchardstown

2lnv8eb.jpg

2zr3p13.jpg

dlrjsw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ouch, garden shed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thargor wrote: »
    Ouch, garden shed again?

Yes he had them in a shed, said something about camera, not too sure. Guards have the details now, doubt be seen again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jaymck

This morning my bike was stolen from outside my house on Marlborough Road in Dublin 4 between 11:15 and 12:30 Saturday 24/06/17. Bike was locked and well off the road.

Bike details:
    - Dark blue Everlast fixie with no stickers
    - Flip flop rear hub to be used as free wheel or fixie
    - Yellow grips, front and back break cables
    - Yellow front and rims
    - Black seat with Everlast detailing
    - Rear reflector light and peddle reflectors

Unfortunately I did not take down the serial number, I had only bought it yesterday :(

Please PM me if you have any info or see anything posted up for sale! Any info leading to the recovery will be rewarded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jaymck

Apparently spotted in the Pearse Street / Ringsend Park area Saturday evening.

As I am a new user unfortunately I can now post pictures or URL but if you would like to see pics of the bike PM me and I can send some through.

Thanks"

Advertisement