Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I got 3 hits today on my cosmos black 3ds and got "greetings from smyths" catch phrase through fonthill road Smyths. Not worth walking through for 3hr but for10 mins? Sure why not. Also my phone found a free WiFi hotspot and I discovered the Starbucks mocha cookie crumble frappaccino.
    Not a bad afternoons work all in all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    I got 10 hits today on my aqua blue 3ds and got "outstanding" catch phrase through dublin city centre well worth walking through for 3hrs and total 357 hits altogether.
    Hercules77 wrote: »
    I got 10 hits today on my red and black 3ds xl and got "outstanding" catch phrase through dublin city centre well worth walking through for 3hr and 21 hits in total

hmmmmmmm :pac:

do you two know each other? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    I got 10 hits today on my aqua blue 3ds and got "outstanding" catch phrase through dublin city centre well worth walking through for 3hrs and total 357 hits altogether.
    I got 10 hits today on my red and black 3ds xl and got "outstanding" catch phrase through dublin city centre well worth walking through for 3hr and 21 hits in total

hmmmmmmm :pac:

do you two know each other? :P
    Looks like Wampy set up a new username for posting about his 3DS XL... And to street pass himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No law against it (unless it is to circumvent a ban, or if he starts to have a conversation with himself). It is strange though....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I actually can't stop laughing.

Anyways I got 5 hits today and 4 of them had no pieces for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I actually can't stop laughing.

Anyways I got 5 hits today and 4 of them had no pieces for me :(

I got five hits yesterday and five of them had no pieces for me. :(
    I did get one new region though.:o

I got 4 more hits later in the day who had pieces, and a new region :D Saskatchewan! (thank you Chrome spell check)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hercules77

Banjo wrote: »
    I got 3 hits today on my cosmos black 3ds and got "greetings from smyths" catch phrase through fonthill road Smyths. Not worth walking through for 3hr but for10 mins? Sure why not. Also my phone found a free WiFi hotspot and I discovered the Starbucks mocha cookie crumble frappaccino.
    Not a bad afternoons work all in all

wifi hotspots are not safe place to surf, because someone in the zone area could've skills as hacker and hack into your computer device to steal your important data

wifi hotspots are not safe place to surf, because someone in the zone area could've skills as hacker and hack into your computer device to steal your important data

They could steal your hats!!! :eek:

Thanks for the tip Herc, but all the thieves, reprobates and bandits in Starbucks work behind the counter. €6 for a slice of cake? Villains! Infamy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I reckon that he's Chris from Simpsons pictures that I gone and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Just back from a visit to London, got 40 hits! :D On Sunday, I got 14!! I was in the aquarium yesterday and passed someone from Wicklow. :) Managed to get all the special pieces for Kirby's 20th anniversary puzzle, and one special piece for the new NSMB2 puzzle. I <3 London!

Just back from a visit to London, got 40 hits! :D On Sunday, I got 14!! I was in the aquarium yesterday and passed someone from Wicklow. :) Managed to get all the special pieces for Kirby's 20th anniversary puzzle, and one special piece for the new NSMB2 puzzle. I <3 London!
    Wait a minute..... London? Hits? "special piece"? Are you Katie Taylor!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Impressive. I was in London two weeks ago and only got 5 hits. I think 3 of them came at the airport.

Impressive. I was in London two weeks ago and only got 5 hits. I think 3 of them came at the airport.

I think it depends on if you're in Nintendo Zones. They're littered over Europe and when you're connected to the Nintendo Zone, StreetPass won't work. You'll notice if you're at home that StreetPass will rarely search for other consoles because the console automatically connects to the internet instead. The same thing occurs in Nintendo Zones.

Unfortunate oversight, thankfully there are none in Ireland yet! :P

I think I got most of them while I was travelling on the Tube. :)

In other news, I smashed my previous streetpass record by getting 15 hits in Galway today! :eek: 12 of which I got within an hour and a half! Left the city centre to go to the gym and got 3 more when I went to buy NSMB2 in Smyths. the people in front of me were either buying 3ds games or enquiring about buying the console, it's a popular beast! ;)

I reached an important milestone today. My 50th Streetpass hit. I got in the Pavillions in Swords this morning. Don't normally get any hits there.

Got 11 hits in Galway yesterday and 8 today! Really is the best place for hits.

@Wolverine359: You should give coin rush a go so you'll have some StreetPass data for NSMB2 :P

robman60 wrote: »
    Got 11 hits in Galway yesterday and 8 today! Really is the best place for hits.

@Wolverine359: You should give coin rush a go so you'll have some StreetPass data for NSMB2 :P

I tried it but I'm really bad, I keep running out of time! I'll give it another go though! ;)

I'm hoping for some Streetpass success tomorrow in Dundrum. I'll be in the shopping centre for a while. I must try out coin rush mode on NSMB2 before I go.

• Advertisement

I had a strange Streetpass experience today. I left my 3DS in the sitting room this evening while I was out playing football. I had been playing NSMB2 and just closed the lid. I didn't bother exiting the game.

When I got home I had a green light on the 3DS and there was a Mii waiting in the Plaza. I didn't think it was possible to collect Miis when you had a game running. The Mii was from Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

I had a strange Streetpass experience today. I left my 3DS in the sitting room this evening while I was out playing football. I had been playing NSMB2 and just closed the lid. I didn't bother exiting the game.

When I got home I had a green light on the 3DS and there was a Mii waiting in the Plaza. I didn't think it was possible to collect Miis when you had a game running. The Mii was from Texas.

No you can, I think as long as the 3DS is closed it's fine and you're not playing a ds game of course. I always wondered is it possible to get a streetpass while playing a virtual console game:\

Also after 3 seperate repairs of my 3DS by Nintendo, my 3DS arrived today, ofc I was asleep when the delivery service called but they'll be back tomorrow. Hopefully 3rd time really is the charm:D

I've missed my beebee :D

I've gotten Streetpass hits with my console open while playing a game, you can get them any time as long as the wireless is on I think!

Ya, it'll work while you're in game for most 3DS games but not all. Ocarina of Time is one game where StreetPass won't work while you're in game.

StreetPass won't work while you're playing DS games as mentioned above.

I remember for sure it was Pullblox :p

I had DamoElDiablo visit me for 2 weeks with his 3DS, we streetpassed each other 3 or 4 times a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

This might seem odd, but why not arrange a Streetpass party? Everyone gets the benefits and a day out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I got 10 hits last saturday walking through tall ship festival and got "outstanding" catch phrase and total 377 hits altogether.

I got 10 hits last week walking around the mall and got "blud4thebludgod" catchphrase and a total 435 hits altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Yay I got a street pass hit in a fairly deserted shopping centre in Cork. It makes me hopeful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Moving to Galway city next Thursday so my 3ds is probably gonna explode.

Advertisement