Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was in Dundrum shopping centre yesterday for however long it takes to spend 10 quid on parking, including hitting HMV and all 3 floors of Hamelys, a single miserable hit and the swine hadn't even turned on Streetpass for MiiPlaza. WHY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Finally passed someone with the last pink puzzle piece I needed for the NSMB2 puzzle. :) now to get a few special pieces for the Kirby wii adventure puzzle. I wonder will there be one for the imminent new Paper Mario...

Oh woe is me.... My 3DS returned from "repair" to get the e-Shop account details sorted out, and while I finally have access to my eShop titles again the process clearly involved flashing the 3DS, and it seems that MiiPlaza streetpass data is stored on the NAND so it's all gone... no puzzle pieces, no streetpass quest hats, no goldiepants Iwata....

For the 3rd time in a year I'm on zero streetpasses.
    Except I got a green light after driving home from Stillorgan last night.

Streetpass total : 1.
    Some dude from cork. And the only reason I could trade puzzle pieces with him is because each of us only had a single piece of the Pikmin puzzle. Oh the humanity.

On the bright side I can finally get my friend code sorted and get back into Letterbox. Are people still sending crazy pics through the letterbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    Oh woe is me.... My 3DS returned from "repair" to get the e-Shop account details sorted out, and while I finally have access to my eShop titles again the process clearly involved flashing the 3DS, and it seems that MiiPlaza streetpass data is stored on the NAND so it's all gone... no puzzle pieces, no streetpass quest hats, no goldiepants Iwata....

For the 3rd time in a year I'm on zero streetpasses.
    Except I got a green light after driving home from Stillorgan last night.

Streetpass total : 1.
    Some dude from cork. And the only reason I could trade puzzle pieces with him is because each of us only had a single piece of the Pikmin puzzle. Oh the humanity.

On the bright side I can finally get my friend code sorted and get back into Letterbox. Are people still sending crazy pics through the letterbox?

It's quietened down a good bit. I removed the kids that were sending the really annoying messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

out tomorrow friday 7th of december

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS gamestop €34.97

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS smyths €44.99

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS argos €42.99

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS amazon uk 30.99 British pounds sterling = 38.3610 euros

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    out tomorrow friday 7th of december

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS gamestop €34.97

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS smyths €44.99

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS argos €42.99

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 3DS amazon uk 30.99 British pounds sterling = 38.3610 euros

I'll believe that when I see it. :pac: Probably should have used the "what 3ds games are you looking forward to" thread, since I believe Paper Mario has no streetpass features. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Met a guy yesterday who informed me we street pass all the time! He knew me from my mii. Then we talked about how great street pass is. He is jealous of all my puzzle pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Met a guy yesterday who informed me we street pass all the time! He knew me from my mii. Then we talked about how great street pass is. He is jealous of all my puzzle pieces.

Awesome! I subconsciously map people's features and then compare them to Miis I've met. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Also there aren't too many people with an Irish location where I live! This guy said a lot of people lie about where they are from so their friends can get more location achievements :O

I go through 4 airports this weekend! Let's see how I fare on street pass hits!

If you streetpass all the time why hasn't he *got* all your puzzle pieces?
    Something's rotten in the state of denmark....

• Advertisement

Also there aren't too many people with an Irish location where I live! This guy said a lot of people lie about where they are from so their friends can get more location achievements :O

I go through 4 airports this weekend! Let's see how I fare on street pass hits!

Apparently a lot of people just leave it at Anguilla which is the first on the list when you first switch on a US console. I even met someone from Anguilla in Galway before! :pac:

Airports have disappointed me in the past, so don't set your expectations too high!

robman60 wrote: »
    Apparently a lot of people just leave it at Anguilla which is the first on the list when you first switch on a US console. I even met someone from Anguilla in Galway before! :pac:

Awe, I met someone from Anguila in GAME last year, I was sure at the time that it had been a rare encounter to meet someone from an exotic island archipelago, your explanation is annoyingly logical. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

change your region under settings to Ireland if want your USA or Japanese 3ds to work in ireland

Funny story, I was cycling into town today and streetpassed 2 people, one was called PRAISE and the other one was called JEREMIAH. Pretty weird! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Freaky is a more suitable word for that ^^
    But I guess it's better than 'hail' and 'satan' haha

Had a good day streetpassing today, got 4 hits, reached 1234, met someone from Finland, found another hard-to-find Kirby Adventure Wii puzzle piece, and discovered a Famicon hat in streetpass quest 2! :D :pac:

Over christmas I borrowed my brother-in-law's 3DS and streetpassed the hell out of it. Can't believe what a difference a level 5 Mii makes to Streetpass quest. If it wasn't for that damned cyan shield he could have gone all the way.... Shame that despite being an early adopter he only had one puzzle piece to his name, and I already had it...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Got 4 streetpasses without leaving my house, success!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Had a 3ds for about a year but I just play games. Can someone explain please what street pass actually is?

Can anyone explain this?

I StreetPassed someone today (level 7), and due to the place I was in SPQII, I decided to use the Mii in the regular quest. I'm aiming for the accomplishments for completing the quest with under 30 Miis, as well as dealing over fifty damage in a single turn.

Anyway, I froze the blood ghost with the first Mii, then hit the ghost with 5 hits (four 7s and he had about one HP left for the fifth hit, so 29 minimum. Moved to the next room, same Mii beat an armoured ghost (10 HP) and hit the blood ghost with three 7s.

So, 29+10+21=60

When I returned to the menu, I didn't get the accomplishment. Does it have to be all against one enemy or something?

I'd appreciate some advice guys!

• Advertisement

robman60 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain this?

I StreetPassed someone today (level 7), and due to the place I was in SPQII, I decided to use the Mii in the regular quest. I'm aiming for the accomplishments for completing the quest with under 30 Miis, as well as dealing over fifty damage in a single turn.

Anyway, I froze the blood ghost with the first Mii, then hit the ghost with 5 hits (four 7s and he had about one HP left for the fifth hit, so 29 minimum. Moved to the next room, same Mii beat an armoured ghost (10 HP) and hit the blood ghost with three 7s.

So, 29+10+21=60

When I returned to the menu, I didn't get the accomplishment. Does it have to be all against one enemy or something?

I'd appreciate some advice guys!
    I'm pretty sure you have to get over 50 HP against a single enemy. I think I got it after I paired two high level Miis together, I think they have to be level 7s and the same colour (or black and white), to score 60pts (15x3 + an extra 15). This would be your best bet for getting over 50HP. Just calculating it now, two level 6s would do too, or a level 5 Mii teamed with a level 7 Mii (13 HP x4 = 52), again both Miis need to be the same colour or B&W.

Another way is to get a high level pink Mii, use magic to give a moral boost to subsequent heroes in the queue, and they'll be more likely to strike critical hits as a direct consequence. There's also the luck element that could help with the odd critical hit, but it's unpredictable and random. Hope this helps! :)

P.S. you'd have to do this when fighting one of the tougher enemies or bosses, who'd need to have at least 50 HP remaining, so you'd actually be able to damage them by 50 HP or more.

I'm pretty sure you have to get over 50 HP against a single enemy. I think I got it after I paired two high level Miis together, I think they have to be level 7s and the same colour (or black and white), to score 60pts (15x3 + an extra 15). This would be your best bet for getting over 50HP. Just calculating it now, two level 6s would do too, or a level 5 Mii teamed with a level 7 Mii (13 HP x4 = 52), again both Miis need to be the same colour or B&W.

Another way is to get a high level pink Mii, use magic to give a moral boost to subsequent heroes in the queue, and they'll be more likely to strike critical hits as a direct consequence. There's also the luck element that could help with the odd critical hit, but it's unpredictable and random. Hope this helps! :)

P.S. you'd have to do this when fighting one of the tougher enemies or bosses, who'd need to have at least 50 HP remaining, so you'd actually be able to damage them by 50 HP or more.
    That can't be correct as it must be accomplished in the original StreetPass Quest, which doesn't have the team up function. I've done in numerous times in SPQ II, and no accomplishment!

I might try freezing one of the high HP enemies towards the end of the quest, then using pink magic. If that's not it then I'm stumped.

Oh my bad, forgot that it had to be the first quest.

the hidden cost of HMV going in to Receivership : No street passes in Liffey Valley two visits in a row!
    You don't hear about *that* on the RTE news... :(

the hidden cost of HMV going in to Receivership : No street passes in Liffey Valley two visits in a row!
    You don't hear about *that* on the RTE news... :(
    I rarely ever get any there, even when HMV was still open.

Last week I walked past 2 kids playing 3DS in Liffey Valley. I found about 8 different excuses to circle around them trying to see if their WiFi switch was on. chased my toddler around about 3 feet away from them (this is not a euphimism), then tied my lace, checked my phone, did some calf stretches, pumped the tires on the buggy, made my daughters put their coats back on etc etc. Still no green light. Eventually I had to storm off to Boots in a huff.

I was in DS mode.
    Damn you, Pokemon Black 2.

^Sorry but that story is hilarious!! Very well told! :D Yeah I've barely got any hits since HMV closed, it was probably my main source for hits at lunchtime, but I haven't got any in days now, even with the odd stroll around the shops. GameStop is generally useless. I think I might soon be getting that "got your first streetpass in a while" accomplishment! Or maybe I'll never get it because I'll never get another streetpass ever again, with everyone just giving up hope since the end of Game and HMV. Or maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood right now... :pac:

I get streetpass hits twice a day! :-D
    Really catching up on the puzzle swap pieces! I only have four of the pink pieces left to get!

(and a ton of normal pieces)

"I used to get it twice a day but then I was lucky if I got one a month and now it's dried up completely. I'm not sure I even remember what the pink bits are for... "

Streetpass : the new Sex!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

"I used to get it twice a day but then I was lucky if I got one a month and now it's dried up completely. I'm not sure I even remember what the pink bits are for... "

Streetpass : the new Sex!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement