Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I got a StreetPass yesterday while in Westport which is really rare even though I nearly always have it with me around town...

I unexpectedly ended up going to Galway this evening, and I got two hits there. I got seven hits while there on the same day last week, so it's interesting how much it varies.

Slowly approaching 100 hits now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I managed to get 8 yesterday. Most I've got in one day so far. Was at the 2D festival in Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Just finished the Kid Icarus puzzle panel, the 3D action in it is Awesome!! :D Just need 9 more pieces to finish all the puzzles (376/385, just need one more for MK7 and 8 for mario tennis).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have been getting very few Streetpass hits lately in Dublin. In the past three weeks I've only had one hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Been on a weeks holiday with the family in Clifden and spent most of the time going to a load of "play centres" (bouncy castles, mazes, etc) and pet farms so my son can run around in circles for a few hours and tire himself out before bed.

As a result though, I've had loads of hits from kids on school tours and others being out with their parents. :)

Only bad thing is, hardly any of them had any puzzle pieces I didn't have :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

robman60 wrote: »
    I got a StreetPass yesterday while in Westport which is really rare even though I nearly always have it with me around town..

Who was it? First name basis around town on 3ds :P

Who was it? First name basis around town on 3ds :P

Mii's name was Malone. The only other people I've met in Westport have been you and someone named Meg.

Still trying to convince my friends to get 3DSes. :rolleyes:

I've just streetpassed someone with the last puzzle piece i needed to complete my collection of all 385 pieces, yay!! :D now to wait for the inevitable NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario: Sticker Star puzzles to come on stream...

If you're looking for more to collect, there's now the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games virtual card collection to complete. Can download the app for free from the eShop

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If you're looking for more to collect, there's now the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games virtual card collection to complete. Can download the app for free from the eShop

Sounds good, will have to keep up the streetpassing so! :) come to Galway guys, the Volvo Ocean Race is fantastic for getting hits!

• Advertisement

I've just streetpassed someone with the last puzzle piece i needed to complete my collection of all 385 pieces, yay!! :D now to wait for the inevitable NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario: Sticker Star puzzles to come on stream...
    Nicely done! :cool:

I'll pick up that piece from you next time we StreetPass hopefully! The Ocean Race (and Galway in general) is definitely the place to be for StreetPass hits. I get 5+ hits most times I'm there, and I got 12 in an hour and a half last Sunday, so you know where to go guys! :P

I also completed that accomplishment for meeting Miis from 10 different countries last Sunday. I'm now at 41/77 with regard to accomplishments, but I still have a bunch of easy ones to do, although there are some I doubt I'll ever complete. :(

Nicely done! :cool:

I'll pick up that piece from you next time we StreetPass hopefully! The Ocean Race (and Galway in general) is definitely the place to be for StreetPass hits. I get 5+ hits most times I'm there, and I got 12 in an hour and a half last Sunday, so you know where to go guys! :P

I also completed that accomplishment for meeting Miis from 10 different countries last Sunday. I'm now at 41/77 with regard to accomplishments, but I still have a bunch of easy ones to do, although there are some I doubt I'll ever complete. :(

Yeah my average hit count has gone way up this week, Galway is usually brilliant for streetpasses anyway. I'd say it'll be next to impossible to get the "meet 100 miis in one day" accomplishment, but you never know with this town, it's teeming with 3ds owners at the minute! It took more than 2 hours, but i got 13 hits in total today, mostly while I was in the Volvo race village, a new record! And I'm only 50 hits away from the 777! :D I'll probably see you Sunday! :)

Looks like I'd better pay a visit to Galway. Letterkenny isn't exactly Streetpass central

The 100 mii encounters in a single day is definitely one of the most difficult. I know of one guy who went to PAX East and got over 1150 hits in three days, so gaming events are one way I guess.

I was considering going to Eurogamer this year in September, but the plan is on hold right now. I guess I'd have a chance of 100 in one day there. Only way I could see myself getting 100 in one day in Ireland is if we got a proper StreetPass network group set up here, but that's easier said than done of course!

Getting a boards meet-up organised would be a good start though!

The 100 mii encounters in a single day is definitely one of the most difficult. I know of one guy who went to PAX East and got over 1150 hits in three days, so gaming events are one way I guess.

I was considering going to Eurogamer this year in September, but the plan is on hold right now. I guess I'd have a chance of 100 in one day there. Only way I could see myself getting 100 in one day in Ireland is if we got a proper StreetPass network group set up here, but that's easier said than done of course!

Getting a boards meet-up organised would be a good start though!

You could probably get 100 in a day in Ireland at Eiretakon.

I'd say the 5 female streetpass hits in a row would take a bit of engineering aswell, as they have to be different.

Is there not a limit to the number of Miis you can meet in one day? Wasn't it like after 10 Miis, you had to go into your plaza so you could go about meeting more?

Is there not a limit to the number of Miis you can meet in one day? Wasn't it like after 10 Miis, you had to go into your plaza so you could go about meeting more?

From one region.

So yeah you probably couldn't get it at Eiretakon actually. It would need to be some gaming event in London or Europe.

There is no limit, you'd just have to go to your plaza after every ten hits. You'll see in your notifications x/10, telling you how close your plaza queue is to being filled.

@fewtinsoffroth: I've never heard that about one region, can you clarify?

Oops no my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

I was in Japan recently and got hundreds, back in Ireland the only place I seem to get is off of my friend or if I have 3ds in gamestop

• Advertisement

I StreetPassed Wolverine359 and fewtinsoffroth in Galway yesterday, within minutes of each other! I also met Wolverine359 again today.

I presume you two met each other too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone is visiting the US it's great for street passes. I kept maxing out at 10 street passes everyday in both New York and Washington.

I StreetPassed Wolverine359 and fewtinsoffroth in Galway yesterday, within minutes of each other! I also met Wolverine359 again today.

I presume you two met each other too?

Yeah we all met! So I met Fewtinsoffroth? I was wondering who it was, they said AtariJaguar. :)

I guess three people constitutes a meet-up, right? :P

@Boliedeggs: That's awesome. It seems Japan is really in a league of its own with regard to StreetPass. The idea was probably created with primarily the Japanese market in mind.

I read of someone achieving the 100 mii encounters in a single day accomplishment by just spending a few hours in a major shopping centre in Tokyo! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

I read of someone achieving the 100 mii encounters in a single day accomplishment by just spending a few hours in a major shopping centre in Tokyo! :eek:

I got most of mine in train stations or waiting for buses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I was maxing out at 10 in less than hour when in Akihabara in Tokyo. Kept forgetting to go to the plaza and empty them out, wonder how many I would've got! Back there next month so will hopefully find out :)

Yeah we all met! So I met Fewtinsoffroth? I was wondering who it was, they said AtariJaguar. :)

Yeah it was me alright, I think I might actually know you! I only realised who it might be when I saw your first name.

I got five hits in Galway yesterday in under 30 minutes, including Wolverine359 again!

Only need four more pink pieces now totally, along with a bunch of regular pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm back in the game!
    9 hits in liffey valley and city centre. Have changed my greeting to Katamari Jaguar, so if anyone gets an Atari Jaguar streetpass from me (mii : Nunberry) please hunt the charlatan down and beat them with reeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i got one hit yesterday on a sunday, walking through Henry street dublin, but in total so far Ive 327 streetpass hits and 221 in my mii plaza

Advertisement