Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Anyone else having trouble with Viber today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi,
    I apologize for my delayed response.

@Qwerty Dub -

Yes,
    We plan to optimize Viber to fully utilize iPhone 5's screen. This will hopefully happen in our upcoming major update.

About the problems with Viber in the recent 2 days -

Viber suffered a temporary server problem, caused by a major problem with Amazon's hosting servers, that affected many of our users. However, all should be working fine again now. Please test Viber again and make sure all is well now :)

For more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 drpratai

Hi there,

I just read this on the viber web site regarding the compatibility of the iPhone 3G:

http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/4/4/is-your-iphone-compatible-with-viber-system-req

iPhone 3G with IOS 3.1.3+(Compatible version is coming soon)

Can anyone say how soon soon is?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

The last few days I can't send photos on Viber??

It will send text but photos keep failing....

This is what I used it for Mainly so ir's driving me mad.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any tips to fix it or what the problem could be...... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

When I receive a message from somebody, I check my phone, see that the message is a Viber message on my iPhone home screen, so I open Viber and then the message isn't there.

I have to leave it for a few minutes for the message to eventually appear in the actual Viber screen.

Is this a common bug? It only seems to be happening since the last Viber update a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

Passenger wrote: »
    When I receive a message from somebody, I check my phone, see that the message is a Viber message on my iPhone home screen, so I open Viber and then the message isn't there.

I have to leave it for a few minutes for the message to eventually appear in the actual Viber screen.

Is this a common bug? It only seems to be happening since the last Viber update a few weeks ago.

Same here

@drpratai -

We are checking the possibility of rolling back Viber's version in AppStore for iPhone3 and iOS4.2 (and below) users, so they can download and install an older version of Viber that's compatible with their iPhones and iOS versions. We hope to perform this action as soon as possible, but unfortunately we are not yet sure when exactly it will be ready. Once we have news, we'll let you know.

@dinemo6 -
    Viber has been suffering some problems in the few recent days due to major problems in Amazon's hosting servers, however all should be fine again now. Does the problem persist?

@Passenger and @franciec -
    Please note that we're about to release a new version of Viber hopefully soon, and we hope that this issue will be fixed in that new version. Meanwhile, we invite you to report the details of this problem to our Support Team so they can take a look at it and find the source of the problem: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Quick one for you...

Any chance we will ever see an update to allow us share a Viber ID between an iPhone & an iPad similar to the way iMessage works.

Would be nice to be able to send & receive messages via viber while on my iPad and continue conversation on my phone then.

Just a thoight. Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Browser

@ Viber: Any reason why I can only send Viber messages and make and receive Viber calls from my office wifi in Dubai? Elsewhere, when someone calls me, Viber causes my phone to ring but I can never hear any sound and neither can the caller. Also, when I am not at work and using my home wifi, I cannot send or receive viber messages. Carrier is Etisalat. Whatsapp and Skype work fine...

@Qwerty Dub -

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously. When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
    As per your question, in future versions we are certainly planning to add an option to register Viber on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know :)

@The Browser -

Generally, the authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

We know from some users that Viber might work on *some* very specific networks. You may try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Hi does anyone know how you can automatically save Picture messages from Viber to my photos on iPhone? It does it on my phone but not on my wife's and can't figure out how to do it! Cheers!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Hi does anyone know how you can automatically save Picture messages from Viber to my photos on iPhone? It does it on my phone but not on my wife's and can't figure out how to do it! Cheers!

Hi -not sure that there is a "how" -when I take photos in Viber and send them a copy is to be found immediately in the camera roll.

culabula wrote: »
    Hi -not sure that there is a "how" -when I take photos in Viber and send them a copy is to be found immediately in the camera roll.

yeah when I receive pic messages and click into it to see it full screen it auto saves into my camera roll and I was just wondering is there an option to turn that on/off if that makes sense!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

yeah when I receive pic messages and click into it to see it full screen it auto saves into my camera roll and I was just wondering is there an option to turn that on/off if that makes sense!

Convinced there used to be but no longer appears to be the case. Not something I use, though, as there's iMessage for that.

Hi,

We are not 100% sure we understand your problem...
    Do you mean that when your wife receives photos on her Viber, the photos are not saved to any folder, at all?

As explained above, photos received in Viber should automatically be saved (and accessible) in Camera Roll folder.

Viber wrote: »
    Hi,

We are not 100% sure we understand your problem...
    Do you mean that when your wife receives photos on her Viber, the photos are not saved to any folder, at all?

As explained above, photos received in Viber should automatically be saved (and accessible) in Camera Roll folder.

That's the problem exactly, when I receive them they auto go into my Camera Roll, but this is not the case on my wifes phone, and also noticed at the weekend on my brothers...they are both running iOS 6 and most un to date Viber as well so I've no idea why they don't save yet mine does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

That's the problem exactly, when I receive them they auto go into my Camera Roll, but this is not the case on my wifes phone, and also noticed at the weekend on my brothers...they are both running iOS 6 and most un to date Viber as well so I've no idea why they don't save yet mine does.
    Did you actually send a photo to your wife & brother via Viber & check that they didnt save?

Could they be confusing Viber with iMessage, which doesn't save automatically?

Did you actually send a photo to your wife & brother via Viber & check that they didnt save?

Could they be confusing Viber with iMessage, which doesn't save automatically?

Nope it's definitely Viber am 100% sure of that and have tried sending pics but not saving to camera roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Sorry to butt in here ... but does Viber ask permission to access the Camera Roll on first use ? .... perhaps they said no, and it now does not save.

@jimmy the car -

Thanks for the information.
    In order for us to better understand the problem and assist you, please use this direct link in order to contact our Support Team: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thanks in advance, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Nope it's definitely Viber am 100% sure of that and have tried sending pics but not saving to camera roll.
    Piliger has hit the nail on the head. To deny access go to Settings => Privacy => Photos => Viber => OFF

@jimmy the car -

If the problem is that the photos that Viber receives cannot be found anywhere, then please perform the steps as suggested above:

Go to Settings-->Privacy--> Photos-->Viber--> and turn it "ON". This should resolve the problem, allowing Viber to save photos onto the phone :)

Viber wrote: »
    @jimmy the car -

If the problem is that the photos that Viber receives cannot be found anywhere, then please perform the steps as suggested above:

Go to Settings-->Privacy--> Photos-->Viber--> and turn it "ON". This should resolve the problem, allowing Viber to save photos onto the phone :)

Cheers for that, gonig to try it see if that hopefully resolves the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 saman82

Hi,
    I'm using viber on BlueStacks. When I receive an image, I cannot find where it is being saved, though I can see the picture in messages window. I have checked the Settings, but I cannot find Privacy > Photos ...
    Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your help.

saman82 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm using viber on BlueStacks. When I receive an image, I cannot find where it is being saved, though I can see the picture in messages window. I have checked the Settings, but I cannot find Privacy > Photos ...
    Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

Unfortunately, since Viber does not officially support BlueStacks, we cannot provide official assistance with this issue :/

Any sign of an iPhone 5 update yet to make use of full screen?

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Any sign of an iPhone 5 update yet to make use of full screen?

This optimization will be included in our upcoming update of Viber for iPhone. Hopefully, released soon (we are in the stages of testing now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Any sign of alert tone settings in this new update?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Any sign of alert tone settings in this new update?

And a last seen online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sweet update team Viber! Thank You!

I like the bottom square buttons, looks more consistent with the top buttons.

And finally, sending any location! That's an awesome feature! I like the new emoticons and stickers too.

If you guys add the rest of the things on the list, that'll be fantastic!
    CyberGhost wrote: »
    - Images received get auto saved to library, not sure whether this is a good thing or bad, IMO would've preferred if they were not auto saved and there was an option instead to "Save to Library" in the "Send by Email", "Share on Facebook", etc... menu. But this might be done to save space on the server and keep pictures locally, I guess? Peer-to-Peer instead of the cloud.

- Also images seem to be sent in lower resolution and there is no pinch zooming images when you view them in Viber.

- Would've been nice if we could share not only our location but any location and address, much like with sending pictures... should be embedded into that menu. Maybe I want to send a person the location of the shop I was in yesterday.

- Video calls.

- Call recording.

- Cheap/competitive VoIP calls to mobiles/landlines service, with top ups, balance check, call history, etc... This would be great, forfone does it, I hope Viber will too cause, I'd love to use one application for all VoIP stuff.

- Audio notes in messages would be great, if a person is not picking up, send an audio clip like in WhatsApp.

- PC Application(and don't make it look like an iPhone like Tango did, it looks stupid! Use the native Windows UI).

Overall, you guys are doing an insanely great job! Thank you very much!

Advertisement