Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Passenger wrote: »
    The same issue is still prevalent on Viber. You receive a message and tap the screen to view the message and it's not there. You have to keep opening and closing Viber and maybe then the message will appear.

iPhone 5 : iOS 6.1.4:

I also experience this. When Viber is running in the background and my phone is asleep. I hear a sound and the onscreen alert shows a message (with content) from one of my contacts on Viber. I then open Viber and open that chat with that person. No message appears for often 3 - 5 seconds. Not a big deal, but curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi @Passenger and @Piliger -

Thank you for the report.
    Have you made sure that this isn't a network-related issue? i.e does it occur only on specific networks (3G, etc.) or does it happen on all WiFi networks you're connected to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hi Viber, it happens on any network I'm connected to. It's been a consistent issue since I first installed Viber too.

Passenger wrote: »
    Hi Viber, it happens on any network I'm connected to. It's been a consistent issue since I first installed Viber too.

Thanks for the info.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hi Viber.

1) When a contact shows up as online - can they be offline? As in, whats the delay between online and offline

2) When a message is delivered - does that mean it has def reached the intended phone?

I've sent a few messages and they've delivered but the person on the other end def is not online so not sure what delivered means.

Great service

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Hi Viber.

1) When a contact shows up as online - can they be offline? As in, whats the delay between online and offline

2) When a message is delivered - does that mean it has def reached the intended phone?

I've sent a few messages and they've delivered but the person on the other end def is not online so not sure what delivered means.

Great service

Hi,
    I apologize for my late response.

Answers to your questions:

1) In general, there should be no real delay. "Online" means that they are online this very moment, and once they close Viber, it should immediately turn into "Last seen".

2) Yes. "Delivered" means that the Viber message has been received at the destination contact's phone. This is not to confuse with "Sent", which merely means that the message has been successfully sent out of YOUR phone, and now it's pending in our servers for the destination contact to come online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

is there a way to log-out so you do not get messages until you logon again?

nava wrote: »
    Hi

is there a way to log-out so you do not get messages until you logon again?

Viber remains available for calls/texts even after you exit it, since it is meant to be a free 'substitute' to your cell services. At the moment there is no way to prevent it from staying available for calls/texts (unless internet connection is off).

Note that in the future we plan to add custom notification and sound/vibration settings for Viber, which means that you will be able to disable the way that you are notified about incoming Viber calls/texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Hi,

I am after installing Viber onto my daughters phone (android, Vodafone Smart II) and I still haven't received the code by text so I requested a phone call with the code and I haven't received that either...

Hi,

I am after installing Viber onto my daughters phone (android, Vodafone Smart II) and I still haven't received the code by text so I requested a phone call with the code and I haven't received that either...

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

• Advertisement

I cannot find anything on this on the Viber web site. I want to help my sister in law. She has an iPhone4 and an iPad with no SIM. She cannot get them both to work at the same time. She is having to reregister each time she tries to use them.

Is there any instructions for this ? How can she register the iPad ? if she uses the iPhone p[hone number, it registers but then when she tries to use the iPhone, it says it is not registered. And so it goes on vice versa .....

Piliger wrote: »
    I cannot find anything on this on the Viber web site. I want to help my sister in law. She has an iPhone4 and an iPad with no SIM. She cannot get them both to work at the same time. She is having to reregister each time she tries to use them.

Is there any instructions for this ? How can she register the iPad ? if she uses the iPhone p[hone number, it registers but then when she tries to use the iPhone, it says it is not registered. And so it goes on vice versa .....

Hi,

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously (except for Viber Desktop). When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
    In future versions we are considering to add an option to register the same Viber number on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I was in the U.A.E two weeks ago and both Viper and Skype are both blocked there on wifi and etilsat the main mobile provider.

Stinicker wrote: »
    I was in the U.A.E two weeks ago and both Viper and Skype are both blocked there on wifi and etilsat the main mobile provider.

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

You may try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

* Note that we are looking into this issue these days to see if a solution could be found. If we have any news, we'll let you know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I have an issue where my contacts are all displayed and wrong and if I dial joe bloggs, John smith will ring instead, on ios.5.1, iPhone 4

I have an issue where my contacts are all displayed and wrong and if I dial joe bloggs, John smith will ring instead, on ios.5.1, iPhone 4

Hi,

How many problematic contacts like this do you have?

Please make sure:

1. That all contacts have the latest version of Viber installed.
    2. Try to change and save, then change back the problematic numbers. Does the problem persist?

Nasty ! I would remove Viber, if I were you ... then reboot (hard restart) and then instal Viber again and import the contacts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

HI All

Anyone see Viber available for iPad. I read that Viber Releases Version 3.1.2 for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

HI All

Anyone see Viber available for iPad. I read that Viber Releases Version 3.1.2 for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

There doesn't appear to be a dedicated version yet for iPad, merely one that is compatible with iPad -as it ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

Hi

I have an xperia t and hundreds of blanks viber images are saving to my camera album I think it could be the emoticons saving as images?, I have no option to stop all images to not save like on an Iphone. Can you advise if there is anything I can do?

• Advertisement

@Luckycharms_74 -

Hi,
    The new update on AppStore is fully optimized for iPads/iPods. Rather, we added a few enhancements and fixes to make sure Viber functions on those devices (though we still don't officially support them).
    An optimized version is something we are considering for the future, and we'll let you know when we have news :)

@gitsy606 -

Please note that we haven’t fully tested your device yet, and therefore we cannot guarantee full functionality of Viber on it. That may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially compatible devices: http://helpme.viber.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/45/10/is-your-android-supported-with-viber-system-requirements

Nevertheless, we invite you to write the details of the problem to our support team, so we at least have the information documented and may test it in the future. Here is the direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). Thank you in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ellsie

Can anyone tell me why viber on my samsung won't connect with a contact in NZ but texts and calls work fine to the USA.

ellsie wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why viber on my samsung won't connect with a contact in NZ but texts and calls work fine to the USA.

Hi,

The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/67/13/android-contact-list-is-not-showing-your-friends-as-viber-users

* The page refers to Android devices, but the same page for all other devices can easily be found in our HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Viber wrote: »
    @Luckycharms_74 -

Hi,
    The new update on AppStore is fully optimized for iPads/iPods. Rather, we added a few enhancements and fixes to make sure Viber functions on those devices (though we still don't officially support them).
    An optimized version is something we are considering for the future, and we'll let you know when we have news :)

I have installed viber on ipad but each time I open it it looks for activation code. Is it possible to have it installed on both iphone & ipad, because it doesn't seem to work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

I have installed viber on ipad but each time I open it it looks for activation code. Is it possible to have it installed on both iphone & ipad, because it doesn't seem to work for me

No. It was mentioned a few pages back. Only possible to have it one device and a PC

Use a different number .... or use your house number and opt for phone call confirmation, not a code.

@Luckycharms_74 -

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously (except for Viber Desktop). When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
    At the moment we don't have official information about the option to register the same Viber number on multiple devices. If we have such news in the future, we will let you know :)

Instructions for activating Viber on iPod/iPad/Tablet:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
    2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number (or any other number of yours that can receive the code, for example a landline (fixed) number, a prepaid number, etc.), then confirm.
    3. an SMS message with the code will be sent to your regular cellular phone.
    4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod/Tablet. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
    ** Please note that Viber is not fully optimized for iPods/iPads/Tablets yet. In the future, we plan to release fully optimized ersions, but unfortunately we still don't know when exactly it will be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Hi,
    I'm on holidays in Spain at the moment - I have data roaming switched off and am connected to WiFi in my hotel - however Viber won't work for sending/receiving messages/calls. Any ideas why this is??

@barneystinson

Hi :)

The issue might occurred due to connection issues. Please check this link: http://viber.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/66/0/android-viber-connection-issues for more info' and specific instructions :)

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,
    Viber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Question about viber saved images on my parents Samsung Galaxy 3.

The photos automatically save into a Viber folder in the gallery when opened in the viber app. In the past week, the majority of them will now not open. There is an icon in their place, which looks almost like a broken link to the photo.
    I have gone into Astro Task Manager and the files are there but saying they "can't be open or corrupted". Strangely the photos that are showing seem to be ones from over a year ago and ones from a few weeks ago but nothing in between.

All other photo folders are fine, no corrupted or unopenable files, just the viber ones.

My mum was told in a vodafone shop today that the photos are gone and this is a frequent problem with viber. If they saved to the phone, I dont think this makes sense? But similar has happened with my dads phone. Anyone else have similar problems?

Advertisement