Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Just noticed recently that incoming calls are not showing on my phone. Then it will show missed call on phone when it didn't ring ?.
    I'm using Version 2.1.5.270 :(

Hi,
    Please provide the following details so we can try and understand the source of the problem:

1. What phone do you have? What version of OS?
    2. If it's an iPhone - Is your iPhone Jailbroken? If it's an Android - are you using a Custom ROM?
    3. Lastly, please test Viber on a few different networks. Does this issue persist on all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Having a problem recently trying to contact my friend from my iphone 4s to her 3gs .

I send it , it says "sent" ... but not "delivered "

Im running IOS 5.0.1 , not jailbroken.

Having to resort messaging through FB now which is an annoyance... :/

Btw its only that person that i seems to be happening with at the moment.

Any ideas much appreciated.
    :)

@Iancar29 -

"Sent" means the message has been sent correctly from your phone but hasn't reached its destination, while "Delivered" means it's reached her phone fine.

Are you sure this isn't a connection problem on her side?
    A simple test to this would be for her to connect to a few different WiFi networks and see if there is any change of behavior between those networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

Hi,

I have just upgraded my HTC Sensation to ICS and I have had a problem with messaging. When someone phones me their name will appear, but they text their only their number appears, I have had a look at the settings and can't see anything wrong. Am I missing something ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Hello,

Wondering if you can increase the font size when writing/reading SMS through Viber?

• Advertisement

@Sticky Fingers -

First, it's important to note that ICS on HTC Sensation is a Custom ROM (was never officially released by Google). Please note that at this stage we don't support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue.

However, we still invite you to open a support ticket at our HelpDesk so our team could look into it. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

@rubicon99 -
    This option does not exist yet unfortunately - we are considering to add it in the future.

Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Thanks Viber, will do so
    Viber wrote: »
    @Sticky Fingers -

First, it's important to note that ICS on HTC Sensation is a Custom ROM (was never officially released by Google). Please note that at this stage we don't support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue.

However, we still invite you to open a support ticket at our HelpDesk so our team could look into it. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

@rubicon99 -
    This option does not exist yet unfortunately - we are considering to add it in the future.

Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

Thanks for the reply !

Our pleasure to help, as always.

Note that we're working these days on a major new version with lots of improvements and new features. Stay tuned for news and updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

My girlfriend upgrade from an iPhone 4 to a 4s, ( i took her 4)she backed her phone up and restored it to the new phone, but now she only has 9 viber contacts( some of which only got the app since she got her new phone. )I did the same moving from an iphone 3G to her old 4. At first I had no contacts, but they populated themselves after a day or two,

Her old messages and recent call lists all copied over ok, but not the contacts, there are at least 10 or 12 contacts that we both have in common that use viber but do not show on her phone.

She tried deleting viber and reinstalling it, but no joy.

She has an iPhone 4s, not jail broken running iOS 5.1 and viber is version 2.1.5.270 before and after reinstalling it.

Can you be of any help?

• Advertisement

Boscoirl wrote: »
    My girlfriend upgrade from an iPhone 4 to a 4s, ( i took her 4)she backed her phone up and restored it to the new phone, but now she only has 9 viber contacts( some of which only got the app since she got her new phone. )I did the same moving from an iphone 3G to her old 4. At first I had no contacts, but they populated themselves after a day or two,

Her old messages and recent call lists all copied over ok, but not the contacts, there are at least 10 or 12 contacts that we both have in common that use viber but do not show on her phone.

She tried deleting viber and reinstalling it, but no joy.

She has an iPhone 4s, not jail broken running iOS 5.1 and viber is version 2.1.5.270 before and after reinstalling it.

Can you be of any help?

Hi,

The source of this problem could greatly vary. Please read this quick-page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

Hi everyone,

Following quite a lot of anticipating users' questions here on Boards.ie, we are now excited to announce that Viber for BlackBerry Beta and Windows Phone 7 have both been released today! These milestone lets BlackBerry and WP7 users connect freely with our 60 million Viber users, and is a major step towards the full versions, which will have our free HD-voice calling. Get it, you’ll like it.

We are here to collect your feedbacks, questions and ideas - feel free to let us know your thoughts at any time :)

Best regards
    the Viber Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Reza2210

i know how to increase the font size on normal text on my iPhone s4 but it does not effect on viber text, how can i increase the size of font for viber? Thanks

Reza2210 wrote: »
    i know how to increase the font size on normal text on my iPhone s4 but it does not effect on viber text, how can i increase the size of font for viber? Thanks

Unfortunately this option does not yet exist inside Viber.
    We are considering to add it in future versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Reza2210

Thanks for the answer,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I downloaded the viber app for my iphone4 , it says its installed but the app is not showing up anywhere .

I'm probably missing something simple but........

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Reset the iphone and it was sorted :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

What is the timeout on messages? Does anyone know?

If I send somebody a message and their phone is offline, say, for a few days, will they get the message when they finally go online?

CyberGhost wrote: »
    What is the timeout on messages? Does anyone know?

If I send somebody a message and their phone is offline, say, for a few days, will they get the message when they finally go online?

Hi,

A message sent to an offline user will be pending in our servers for 2 weeks maximum. After that, it will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Viber wrote: »
    Hi,

A message sent to an offline user will be pending in our servers for 2 weeks maximum. After that, it will be deleted.

Thanks!

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Thanks!

Our pleasure :)
    If you have any other question/problem, please feel free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I haven't been able to send viber messages from 3G for the best part of a week now after having no problems at all for months before that. Whenever I try it just stays at 'sending', but when I'm back in Wifi there's no problems at all.

I've already deleted and reinstalled the app, and I've had a check through my 3G settings to see if anything's changed, which it hasn't.

Any ideas?

Daysha wrote: »
    I haven't been able to send viber messages from 3G for the best part of a week now after having no problems at all for months before that. Whenever I try it just stays at 'sending', but when I'm back in Wifi there's no problems at all.

I've already deleted and reinstalled the app, and I've had a check through my 3G settings to see if anything's changed, which it hasn't.

Any ideas?

Are you a Vodafone user by any chance?

If so, there is a known issue with Vodafone's 3G network, and they are currently trying to fix it. More info about this in this Boards thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78790880&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notify#post78790880

If you're not a Vodafone user, please specify what network you're subscribed to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Are there any plans to give a few options for the message tone in a future update?

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Are there any plans to give a few options for the message tone in a future update?

Yep,
    It is certainly on our list of development, but we are still not sure when exactly it will be implemented. We'll keep you posted with news.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 clearlyn2

Hi

Several of my colleagues that use Viber out here in Saudi Arabia are experiencing problem getting through to their familys/friends back in Ireland over the last 48hrs. Is anybody aware of a problem with Vibers systems at the moment?

I might add that Viber is a lifeline out here and we all get a little anxious when we experience problems like we have been having over the last two day!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I am getting calls on the Viber from Saudi Arabia every two days no problem at all....

mmalaka wrote: »
    I am getting calls on the Viber from Saudi Arabia every two days no problem at all....

Thanks for the feedback. There are a bunch of us working in central Riyadh using viber via our iphones to keep in touch with our family's.

Perhaps it is just a local problem, perhaps the Viber representative on the forum could advise? the viber call rings on either end but just hangs when the answer is pressed either here or in Ireland both over wifi and 3G. Please note that we all have the lasted updates installed. Interestingly facetime and skype function as normal, but our preference is to use vibers excellent service. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

clearlyn2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. There are a bunch of us working in central Riyadh using viber via our iphones to keep in touch with our family's.

Perhaps it is just a local problem, perhaps the Viber representative on the forum could advise? the viber call rings on either end but just hangs when the answer is pressed either here or in Ireland both over wifi and 3G. Please note that we all have the lasted updates installed. Interestingly facetime and skype function as normal, but our preference is to use vibers excellent service. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I am getting the calls from Riyadh....last night the call lasted for one hour without any problems.... it is my wife here talking with her sister in Riyadh... using my iPhone....FOR ONE HOUR !!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

mmalaka wrote: »
    I am getting the calls from Riyadh....last night the call lasted for one hour without any problems.... it is my wife here talking with her sister in Riyadh... using my iPhone....FOR ONE HOUR !!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Good to hear that you and yours are getting such good value from Viber services.

Unfortunately our service is still no functioning, will hang on for a few days and see whats happens . Thanks for your feedback.

If anybody else is experiencing the same symptoms let me know please. To recap viber calls ring but when one answers the call drops. This happens at both ends both on 3G and wifi.

• Advertisement

clearlyn2 wrote: »
    Good to hear that you and yours are getting such good value from Viber services.

Unfortunately our service is still no functioning, will hang on for a few days and see whats happens . Thanks for your feedback.

If anybody else is experiencing the same symptoms let me know please. To recap viber calls ring but when one answers the call drops. This happens at both ends both on 3G and wifi.

Hi,
    I apologize for my delayed response.

Just to clarify - the problem you're experiencing is happening when you (in Saudi Arabia) are connected to either 3G or WiFi, or you're saying the contacts in Ireland are connected to either 3G or WiFi?

About the problem itself in Saudi Arabia - it could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different a few WiFi networks (specifically - try to make sure those networks are connected to different ISPs). Is the problem the same on all of them?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, contact your router manufacturer)

Advertisement