Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Im in the same boat as others here re viber..

Texts are fine
    Cant hear other person on calls via WiFi or 3G

iPhone 3GS
    Version 4.3.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Zipppy wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as others here re viber..

Texts are fine
    Cant hear other person on calls via WiFi or 3G

iPhone 3GS
    Version 4.3.5

Hi,
    Does this problem occur with all contacts you are trying to talk to through Viber?

Please note that we are about to release out new version 2.2 very soon. Once available, please make sure to install it (and also ask your contacts to do so) and let us know if the problem persists. If it does, we will look into the problem and hopefully guide you through a solution :)

Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that the long anticipated Viber 2.2 has just been released, and available for download!
    Our new version contains many new features, improvements and bug fixes, the highlights of which are:

- Group Messaging
    - Personal photos can now be added to your Contacts
    - Time stamps for each and every message on your text conversations
    - Custom backgrounds can now be assigned to your text conversation screen
    - See when your friends joined Viber inside Viber's contact list.

And many more cool new featuers and enhancements :)
    As always, we would love to receive feedback from you regarding the new version - your thoughts, problems you might have encountered, etc.

Regards,
    the Viber Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FullBeard

Nice new look and features -- well done -- but still no option to block people from vibering me.

FullBeard wrote: »
    Nice new look and features -- well done -- but still no option to block people from vibering me.

This is a feature we are considering to add in the future.

We invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you know what would be awesome?

A pc version!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Thanks Viber team, updates are always welcome. :)

Two things.

1. Still getting duplicated names in Viber contacts.

2. Custom background only works per contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Viber updated for blackberry:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/85455/?lang=en

Updates include:

Option to change nic
    Add profile photo
    Posts in groups

@Agent Smith -
    On our project list :)
    Once we have news on that, we'll announce it officially to all our fans.

@mad muffin -
    Thank you for the compliments!
    1. What device are you using? Which version of operating system?
    2. This is the expected behavior at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Viber wrote: »
    @Agent Smith -
    On our project list :)
    Once we have news on that, we'll announce it officially to all our fans.

@mad muffin -
    Thank you for the compliments!
    1. What device are you using? Which version of operating system?
    2. This is the expected behavior at this stage.

Hi, its an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yep, the updates look nice.

Just a quick query. Some of my phone contacts have Viber installed on their phones but they don't appear on my Viber contacts list. Is there a particular way to add somebody to Viber if they don't appear automatically in your contacts list?

Thanks.

:)

@mad muffin -
    The double contact entries problem usually occurs as a result of importing or syncing your contact list with an external source (Google Accounts, Exchange, etc.). On iOS5, this could also happens due to disrupted synchronization with iCould.

Please try resyncing your contacts or installing Viber anew. If this doesn't help, the you may want to contact our support team at http://support.viber.com to get more help and info.

@Passenger -
    The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this quick-page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Any way of changing the color of the text bubbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Any way of changing the color of the text bubbles?

Oh, I personally love that you can choose a diff background for every conversation!

Upgraded and still cant hear other person on free calls :(

Hi,
    Does this problem occur with all contacts you are trying to talk to through Viber?

Please note that we are about to release out new version 2.2 very soon. Once available, please make sure to install it (and also ask your contacts to do so) and let us know if the problem persists. If it does, we will look into the problem and hopefully guide you through a solution :)

Upgraded and still the same :(

@GT_TDI_150 -
    Unfortunately not.
    We will consider this option in the future. Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

@Zipppy -
    Thank you for the report - we're looking into this problem right now.
    We kindly ask you to take a minute and give the details of the problem to our Support Team at this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thank you in advance, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mystyko1ne

Is there any way to recall/delete messages that are still in 'Sent' status or is that not possible at all? Thanks ahead of time for any help Viber! :)

Mystyko1ne wrote: »
    Is there any way to recall/delete messages that are still in 'Sent' status or is that not possible at all? Thanks ahead of time for any help Viber! :)

Hi,
    I apologize for my late response.

Unfortunately once the message is "Sent", it is already pending in our server and there is no way to manually delete it.

However, if a message pends for 2 weeks (without being Delivered to its recipient) it will automatically delete itself. So if the recipient does not go online on Viber for 2 weeks, that message is erased and will never actually be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bored.com1

hey guys just wondering if i can get some help :) i accidently deleted loads of numbers and viber off my phone stupid i know :P but i was wondering if people have my number but i odnt have theirs anymore will they get a notification that i joined if i delete my viber and get it again?

• Advertisement

bored.com1 wrote: »
    hey guys just wondering if i can get some help :) i accidently deleted loads of numbers and viber off my phone stupid i know :P but i was wondering if people have my number but i odnt have theirs anymore will they get a notification that i joined if i delete my viber and get it again?

If these are users who have received this message in the past about you installing Viber, then no, they will not see this message when you install again.

However, if these are users who never received this message (you installed Viber before them), then yes, they will receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ok, some strange is happening with my GFs viber. Anybody ever experienced anything like this.

Ok, so a few months ago my GF got a viber message some an unknown number, turns out it was her friend but the number didn't match the one she had saved. She figured it was a work number, or due to the fact that he bought a new phone.
    When ever he sends an sms from viber that's the number that shows up. When ever she rings him, she uses the regular contact saved in her phone. In the phone she has two contacts, something like John Oz, and John Viber.

So it was never an issue, we just assume that Viber locked itself to the other number. Because it was the original sim with the phone or what ever. It was never really an issue and we thought nothing of it. Yesterday, she sent a few viber messages to the "John Viber", he replied and it was working fine etc. Then a while later she tried to ring it and somebody else answered. So she hung up knowing it was a wrong number and rang Johns regular number. Shortly after the John Viber number called back, she ignored it. But it kept calling, then she started getting normal phone calls from the number, and then regular texts messages. While this was happening, we were now with "John" at our apartment so in 100% was somebody using his phone.

Basically, Viber texts go to one phone, and Viber calls go to somebody else. How is this possible? And can we find out who they are going to, as even though she ignore the calls/texts the last one was a bit abusive - sounds like this guy thinks its his ex or some girl he knows as he kept using a particular name in the texts. I guess she didn't bother to reply and correct him he took that as confirmation that it was this other person.
    Ideas?

Hi @Mellor -

We have not yet encountered reports from users that with the very same contact, Viber calls and Viber texts reach a different destination (it sounds very improbable).

Have you checked the number saved in "John Viber" and "John Oz"? Do they contain the exact same number? If not, which number is "John Viber", and how did your girlfriend come to have it and ultimately save it?

This might just be a "wrong number" case, just like it could easily (and innocently) happen with regular cellular numbers and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hi @Mellor -

We have not yet encountered reports from users that with the very same contact, Viber calls and Viber texts reach a different destination (it sounds very improbable).
    I agree its improbable,but I can confirms thats exacty whats happening.
    Have you checked the number saved in "John Viber" and "John Oz"? Do they contain the exact same number? If not, which number is "John Viber", and how did your girlfriend come to have it and ultimately save it?
    No the two numbers aren't the same, I thought I was clear about that.
    John Oz is John's current number. If I want to ring him thats the number I use, thats the number of the sim in his phone etc. It came with his iPhone 3.

At some point last year John bought an iPhone 4. It came with a new sim - this is the John viber number. He used it for like a month for work before he sold the iphone 3 and got rid of the other sim, the account was closed with vodafone etc.
    But when ever he's sent a message through viber the number that came with it the phone - not the sim number would show up. This is when it was saved a "John Viber" - I'm not sure if he ever used viber with the sim that came with the phone, he might have.

It was just assumed to be a quirk in viber, was never and issue. Until we tried a viber call, and got a different phone. I'm assuming that number from the cancelled sim has been reissued to the weirdo.

Does that make it clear.
    It's not a wrong number issue. John is sitting beside me now, if he texts or calls if shows up as his number "John Oz". But if he sends a viber message, its shows up as "John Viber". But if she opens it and trys to call that number back she's get the weirdo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mellor wrote: »
    I agree its improbable,but I can confirms thats exacty whats happening.

No the two numbers aren't the same, I thought I was clear about that.
    John Oz is John's current number. If I want to ring him thats the number I use, thats the number of the sim in his phone etc. It came with his iPhone 3.

At some point last year John bought an iPhone 4. It came with a new sim - this is the John viber number. He used it for like a month for work before he sold the iphone 3 and got rid of the other sim, the account was closed with vodafone etc.
    But when ever he's sent a message through viber the number that came with it the phone - not the sim number would show up. This is when it was saved a "John Viber" - I'm not sure if he ever used viber with the sim that came with the phone, he might have.

It was just assumed to be a quirk in viber, was never and issue. Until we tried a viber call, and got a different phone. I'm assuming that number from the cancelled sim has been reissued to the weirdo.

Does that make it clear.
    It's not a wrong number issue. John is sitting beside me now, if he texts or calls if shows up as his number "John Oz". But if he sends a viber message, its shows up as "John Viber". But if she opens it and trys to call that number back she's get the weirdo.

Have you tried deleting both John's and then just adding John OZ with the correct new number.

#Just make sure you delete him from contacts on the phone, not just on Viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

lordgoat wrote: »
    Have you tried deleting both John's and then just adding John OZ with the correct new number.

#Just make sure you delete him from contacts on the phone, not just on Viber.

try this.

it looks like when john got his iphone 4, he also switched networks. when he switched his number didnt move straight away and his iphone 4 was activated with a temporary number, viber was also activated against this temporary number before his normal number went over. If john goes into the phone menu in settings chances are he'll see "my number" as the temporary number. happens a lot with iphones, and sometimes you can manually edit the "my number" field, but most times you cant.

getting john to delete viber from his phone and reinstall it against his correct number, and getting your OH to delete his contact and adding it again might solve the problem.

@Mellor -
    The details are understood now, thanks for the clarification.

This problem is probably due to the fact that John registered Viber on the new iPhone, and for some time kept also the old number for cellular calls. This mismatch caused the numbers to be different, and caused Viber to remain with the "old number". Note that Viber is not affected by a change of SIM cards of the phone. In fact, the number you register to Viber with remains your Viber ID "forever" (no matter if you change SIM's, go abroad, etc.) unless you manually deactivate your Viber.

So, as 120_Minutes suggested, John should enter Viber and deactivate his account. Then, he should register to Viber anew, and this time there will be a match between his cell number and his Viber number.

* Note that if the other guy ("the weirdo") really does hold the old number (from John's iPhone3), then he can register to Viber with that number. But naturally this is the expected scenario, since he truly is the real holder if that old number now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

A small minor bug in the iPhone version of Viber which probably affects less than 1% of users.

If you have your contacts backed up to iCloud and to Google via CardDAV which Google only added support for 3 weeks ago they are linked or grouped in your iPhone contacts and phone app but when you go into the viber app you have every contact duplicated. Not a massive big deal or issue but something you may not be aware of.

Using latest verion of viber on iOS6 and iPhone 4S
    See Google announcement here http://gmailblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/a-new-way-to-sync-google-contacts.html

edit: I can PM screenshots if required.

Dudda wrote: »
    A small minor bug in the iPhone version of Viber which probably affects less than 1% of users.

If you have your contacts backed up to iCloud and to Google via CardDAV which Google only added support for 3 weeks ago they are linked or grouped in your iPhone contacts and phone app but when you go into the viber app you have every contact duplicated. Not a massive big deal or issue but something you may not be aware of.

Using latest verion of viber on iOS6 and iPhone 4S
    See Google announcement here http://gmailblog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/a-new-way-to-sync-google-contacts.html

edit: I can PM screenshots if required.

Hi,

As you said, this really has to do with importing your contacts from an external source such as syncing with iCloud, exchange, or Google account, etc. You may have the same contact listed more than once in different synced lists. Also, you may have contacts separated into different groups. For example, if you have a contact listed in a group called friends, and also in a group called work, since Viber does not yet recognize groups, you may get this contact listed twice in your Viber contacts. We are investing this in order to bring you a solution in the future.

For Android users it may be helpful to experiment with the "Show all contacts" setting. You may do this by selecting the 'More' tab, then 'Settings'.

Thank you for your feedback and for your patience in this matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Any plans to upgrade Viber App to use the full screen on iPhone 5?

Advertisement