Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I put in for £1490 worth of tickets and this morning they took £502 worth from my cc. Put in for three athletics one boxing, triathlon, closing ceremony (not much chance) and one basketball. Really hope I got at least one athletics but happy out. End of Gloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

I went for lots of sessions. They took £242 so after deducting the £12 charge, that leaves handball at £80 and one of athletics/boxing/track cycling at £150. Will probably end up with handball and women's boxing early rounds. Could be better but I'm not complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

For those who have been charged in the past few days, do any of you have a Visa card with BOI? I do and I notice it takes a few days for charges to show up on it. Still a tiny glimmer of hope I might get something, but it is indeed the tiniest flicker of a flame of hope admist the probable upcoming hurricane of disappointment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's all you foreigners applying for my tickets thats meant I'm not getting any, why didn't you all go and order from that German website. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

So we got a charge on my account today, about 33% of what we had put in for.... Now I don't know what its going to be for:
    Help me work this out!
    I have to exchange the total from €uro to Stg
    You take off £12 for the total order? Or is it £12 per person per order or £12 per ticket?
    Then try to work out what events the tickets were for.
    We ordered pairs of tickets for events- me and the missus- is it possible that we got singles for some of the events?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Looks like i got most of what i applied for.

£440 taken out of my account on Friday for London tickets and i applied for something in the range of £600 so guessing i got weightlifting, handball and showjumping all on the same weekend to tie in with the Marathon. Question is did i get Mr Bolt?

Looks like if it was taken Friday from your card, it only goes on the system this morning so i'm guessing they'll have most of it done before the day is out. Hope that everyone gets something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    ... is it possible that we got singles for some of the events?

I don't think so. If you ordered 4 for an event then you would either get 4 or none, they wouldn't split the individual event orders.

robinph, looks like me and you are the odd one's out. We're the only ones not to have gotten any tickets so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

G-Money wrote: »
    robinph, looks like me and you are the odd one's out. We're the only ones not to have gotten any tickets so far.

+1

They must have done a background check on us dodgy characters:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Nope, I can assure you that you are not the only ones :mad::(

We only applied for athletics. Its the only one we really really wanted to see.

Have applied for 4 evenings, on 2 seperate credit cards (so affactively 8 chances of getting at least 1 session). We have chosen the 50 pound price backet for all 4 nights, on both credit cards, and have chosen the 2nd cheapest for all 4 nights, on both credit cards (2 nights x 95 pounds, and 2 nights x 125 pounds).

You would think we would get bloody SOMETHING!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

04072511 wrote: »
    Nope, I can assure you that you are not the only ones :mad::(

We only applied for athletics. Its the only one we really really wanted to see.

Have applied for 4 evenings, on 2 seperate credit cards (so affactively 8 chances of getting at least 1 session). We have chosen the 50 pound price backet for all 4 nights, on both credit cards, and have chosen the 2nd cheapest for all 4 nights, on both credit cards (2 nights x 95 pounds, and 2 nights x 125 pounds).

You would think we would get bloody SOMETHING!!!:mad:

That's ok, you can join the ticket loser club with me, ecoli and robinph :D

I think I had a similar tactic to you with the prices I applied for. I picked the 2nd cheapest price for the 100m, 200m, 5000m and 10,000m but said I'd accept the cheaper tickets if the 2nd cheapest weren't available. For the other evening athletics events I just went for the cheapest tickets. I think I applied for 7 or 8 nights straight of athletics.

You'd think I'd have got something but it's looking bad at this stage.

Sure not to worry. By not getting tickets first time round that puts us at the head of the queue for the 2nd round of tickets. That means all the archery, clay pigeon shooting and fencing that we want! YAY!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Im getting to that 10,000m final one way or another suppose if cant get a ticket ill just have to qualify and DNF after a lap and bingo............ trackside viewing

Similar to ecoli, qualifying is the only route for me now.

I'm pretty sure I could pace some events... to the start line :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭MaroonTam

That's ok, you can join the ticket loser club with me, ecoli and robinph :D
    QUOTE]

Can I join the loser club? :(

Applied for two afternoons of Cycling and two nights of Athletics (back to back sessions as the velodrome and the stadium are close enough) using my folks UK address and CC.

Nothing charged yet.

I used my address in the north and have had no luck. I'm wondering did I shoot myself in the foot and perhaps would have been better off using my address down here.

Its 1am here. I should really go to bed, but cant take my eyes off the computer screen in the 1% chance I'll get good news.

04072511 wrote: »
    Its 1am here. I should really go to bed, but cant take my eyes off the computer screen in the 1% chance I'll get good news.

I was the same the other night. My credit card doesn't get updated until sometime after midnight Monday to Friday. I don't know if everyone's cards are like that too. I was awake and it was after midnight and I checked and nothing was on it, but then the next morning about 7.30am I checked and something else I bought had went onto it. So it's some point during the night Ireland time that mine gets updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Just checked and....

YES!

I got something - not the athletics - the amount deducted is too low. So we either got Swimming, Badminton or Triathlon. I have a feeling it's the Badminton.

Who cares - summer 2012 planning starts here! Will try to pick up more tickets along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Its the only time I have ever checked my credit card and been gutted that the balance was still the same as week before. Please just take the money and make me a very happy man, broke but happy

If we don't get tickets this time is there any other chance, I would go to any of the events

• Advertisement

Its the only time I have ever checked my credit card and been gutted that the balance was still the same as week before. Please just take the money and make me a very happy man, broke but happy

If we don't get tickets this time is there any other chance, I would go to any of the events

There will be another sale in the coming months and those who got no tickets get first preference. However it will only be for events which are not sold out. Unfortunately I suspect all the athletics events are sold out which explains why I have not got any tickets, and why others on this thread have not got tickets either. So basically the next sale won't be of much use to me as everything I was interested in is most likely sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

All is not lost so. Would like to see boxing and basketball but I would take anything. Made up my mind that I would go over regardless of the lack of tickets.

I might go over to watch the marathon. Unfortunately the rest of the Olympics I will have to watch on TV.

Don't know why I'm still checking. :(

robinph wrote: »
    Don't know why I'm still checking. :(

Did you use a visa credit card or debit card?

I have a Visa credit card from Bank of Ireland and it always takes a few days for charges to show up, and they always appear overnight too, never during the day.

Perhaps yours is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I have a Visa credit card from Bank of Ireland and it always takes a few days for charges to show up, and they always appear overnight too, never during the day.

I'm BoI and mine took two days so you're right, it may not show until Thursday on your card.

Did you use a visa credit card or debit card?

It's a Visa credit and has never been used for anything before, I only got it once I realised that the only cards I had left at the time were Mastercard ones. I'm going to have to hold onto the theory that it's just slow registering, or that the card refused it because it was the first payment on the card...and for the full amount. :D

One of the BBC articles I looked at earlier had a comment from someone who card had been refused had already had an email from London to try and sort that out, so not sure if we can use that as a possible way that we may still have got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Ain't looking good for my athletics orders, might have to pick a few mickey mouse events. I was in Athens in 2004 so its not the end of the world and i'll see a load of stuff anyway as i'm living in London now.

However, I've competed in athletics since 1993, been to 3 major track championships, 3 euro xc's, etc and people who don't even know what Hayward Field is are getting tickets ahead of me, what a fcking joke. Rant over.

...Hayward Field...

Huh?!?

• Advertisement

I think they said its possible they might release more tickets closer to the time when they finalise seating arrangements and the like. If that's the case, it would be nice if those who got nothing got first pick.

Advertisement