Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Re Pan Munster u 19 I think because Highfield topped their group they are at home to Garryowen . I think Bruff are away to Bandon ???.I might be wrong. I also presume Garryown will be good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

KJY wrote: »

I didn't think there was much between the sides. They did seem to be a decent side. 'Park had a lot of player involved with Munster but only Dylan Power (1), Robbie Walsh (6) and David Kavanagh (10) were playing the last day. The standard was very high I thought

the 10 kicked well but in my opinion hes abit heavy and a tad slow. I think it would have been a closer game in a neutral venue with a different ref. Joe White 12) and Philip Piollot 1) were good for clon. Park scrumhalf was a very hanmdy player with a swift pass. Clon had only 2 on the munster panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

shawneebuy wrote: »
    The youths were told yesterday - schools it is.
    BigHeel wrote: »
    Yes. The Union decided last Sunday. The Youths Committe and the Squad where told this week.
    Thats a f'n joke if im being honest.
    Not fair on the youths at all. Why should the schools be competing when they decided they were not this year. The irish side competing in the FIRA has always been the youths apart from the last 2 seasons.
    Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Re Pan Munster u 19 I think because Highfield topped their group they are at home to Garryowen . I think Bruff are away to Bandon ???.I might be wrong. I also presume Garryown will be good :(
    Garryowen are allright but not munster champion potential in my view.

1/4s draws for both age groups. several results to come in and playoffs to be played for 17s quarter final line up to be confirmed
    19s
    Sundays Well v Cork Con
    Abbeyfeale v Clonmel
    Bandon v Bruff
    Highfield v Garryowen
    17s
    Tralee v Clonakilty
    Midleton/Old Crescent v Galbally/Bruff/Highfield
    Galbally/Bruff/Highfield v Nenagh/Midleton/Old Crescent
    Waterpark v Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

the 10 kicked well but in my opinion hes abit heavy and a tad slow. I think it would have been a closer game in a neutral venue with a different ref. Joe White 12) and Philip Piollot 1) were good for clon. Park scrumhalf was a very hanmdy player with a swift pass. Clon had only 2 on the munster panel

I'm not going to pass comment as I missed most of the game so it would be unfair. I just thought the 'Park pack were getting the edge when I was there. Yeah that's Isaac Daly, on the A Schools squad last year. Very good player

I'm not going to pass comment as I missed most of the game so it would be unfair. I just thought the 'Park pack were getting the edge when I was there. Yeah that's Isaac Daly, on the A Schools squad last year. Very good player

park pack were strong and physical, do you know who was videoing the match by anychance?

• Advertisement

Daly is a good player. Has another year or two left at A schools level. think is underage for munster youths in september
    park pack were strong and physical, do you know who was videoing the match by anychance?
    could have been parents??someone involved in coaching either side??

How do both of ye think the quarter finals will go at both age groups?

ormond lad wrote: »
    Daly is a good player. Has another year or two left at A schools level. think is underage for munster youths in september

The four best teams at 19's are in the bottom 2 pairings I think, perhaps the Well as well. This is only going purely off presumptions though (i.e. Bandon and Garryowen beat Nenagh who are a good side, Bruff and Highfield are coming off good 17's teams). I can't see Clonmel going too far, they do have an excellent kicking game though. Abbeyfeale and Con are decent as well but I don't see them challenging. My guesses would be Sunday's Well, Abbeyfeale, Bruff and Highfield.

Don't know anything about 17's, just hope 'Park do well. Their pack alone (past no. 10 I'm not so certain about them just yet) should have them there or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

i think the final shake at u19 will be between abbeyfeale bandon highfield,the abbeyfeale 10 is the best in the league

The four best teams at 19's are in the bottom 2 pairings I think, perhaps the Well as well. This is only going purely off presumptions though (i.e. Bandon and Garryowen beat Nenagh who are a good side, Bruff and Highfield are coming off good 17's teams). I can't see Clonmel going too far, they do have an excellent kicking game though. Abbeyfeale and Con are decent as well but I don't see them challenging. My guesses would be Sunday's Well, Abbeyfeale, Bruff and Highfield.

Don't know anything about 17's, just hope 'Park do well. Their pack alone (past no. 10 I'm not so certain about them just yet) should have them there or there abouts.
    Wouldnt agree with you when you say 4 best sides in 19s are in bottom 2 pairings
    would rate abbeyfeale and sundays well ahead of Bandon.
    Agree with you on Clonmel. Theyve an excellant kicking game but will not go much further in the competition
    Would prob agree with your picks for all 4 quarter finals.
    backgreen wrote: »
    i think the final shake at u19 will be between abbeyfeale bandon highfield,the abbeyfeale 10 is the best in the league
    who is the abbeyfeale 10?
    Dont think Bandon will be in the final shake up. Got destroyed up front by Nenagh. their pack isnt good enough

i think at u17 its fair game between Clon,waterpark,highfield and Galbally
    Not so sure about 19s.

• Advertisement

Dont think Bandon will be in the final shake up. Got destroyed up front by Nenagh. their pack isnt good enough
    mc dermott ..one of these guys under the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

i think at u17 its fair game between Clon,waterpark,highfield and Galbally
    Not so sure about 19s.

What's Clonakilty like? Tralee are in good form in the 17s, hard to judge on whether they will go further.

FalconXV wrote: »
    What's Clonakilty like? Tralee are in good form in the 17s, hard to judge on whether they will go further.
    Clonakilty are good enough. Waterpark are only side theyve lost to in either south or pan munster leagues this season. theyve 2 players who played munster youths this season(a year underage) so theyll be strong

Wouldnt agree with you when you say 4 best sides in 19s are in bottom 2 pairings
    would rate abbeyfeale and sundays well ahead of Bandon.
    Agree with you on Clonmel. Theyve an excellant kicking game but will not go much further in the competition
    Would prob agree with your picks for all 4 quarter finals.

As I said I was only going off presumptions, I didn't think Abbeyfeale were overly good against us although they do have a powerful pack. I wouldn't say their 10 ten is the best in the competition but it did win them the match against us with a 60 yard clearing kick eventually leading to the winning score. I would imagine Sunday's Well to be strong also, they were a very good side at 17's two years ago

As I said I was only going off presumptions, I didn't think Abbeyfeale were overly good against us although they do have a powerful pack. I wouldn't say their 10 ten is the best in the competition but it did win them the match against us with a 60 yard clearing kick eventually leading to the winning score. I would imagine Sunday's Well to be strong also, they were a very good side at 17's two years ago
    Da Well were a good side at 17s 2 years ago but have lost a key player or two since then with outhalf Rory Parata who is now in Rockwell on their senior cup team being the biggest loss imo
    Bandon host Bruff in 19s quarter on saturday at 1pm
    In the 17s there is a playoff on wednesday night in Bruff between Bruff and Galbally to decide who qualifys from group A

saw the abbeyfeale cork con game and the abbey 10 was very good scored two try and made the third controlled the game..i think abbeyfeale will be too strong for clonmel ,especially at home...

backgreen wrote: »
    saw the abbeyfeale cork con game and the abbey 10 was very good scored two try and made the third controlled the game..i think abbeyfeale will be too strong for clonmel ,especially at home...

They should definitely for Clonmel are a similar team but with less power. If they get a lead though they can be hard to beat as their 10 can pin you back so well

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

Clonakilty are good enough. Waterpark are only side theyve lost to in either south or pan munster leagues this season. theyve 2 players who played munster youths this season(a year underage) so theyll be strong

Should be a great match. Tralee have a good write up on their website with pics from the Kanturk match. Massive tighthead, Mullally definitely looks a good prospect if that's him at outside centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aspin

Leinster u17 semis this weekend
    wexford v navan
    mullingar v boyne
    should be two close games

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

wexford have really improved recently, back when we played them we often gave them a close game and we weren't a very serious team who struggled for numbers/often had hungover players

• Advertisement

Who's left in Leinster Under 19?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aspin

Who's left in Leinster Under 19?

final is athy v navan

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭munsterfan2

Boyne v Mullingar is in Navan (12:00 ko)
    Navan v Wexford is in Wicklow (3:00 ko)

Both should be tight games as the 4 teams have been clearly better than the rest this season... Leinster restructured their underage leagues this season so after phase 1 in each division the teams place 1 & 2 in North were paired with 3 & 4 from the South and vice-versa. These teams then played each other home and away and the 4 teams above were confortably clear of the rest.

R.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Inthegame

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Inthegame

I watched the game, start to finish, that young lad kicked a penalty which was crucial, just before half time. They came out in the second half with something to play for, and the 10 scored a try in the second half with a great dummy and a run that clon couldn't stop. His personal tally was 15 points out of 21, so don't know what game you were looking at, but from my point of view, that kid won the match.

this is some of the ireland under 18 club team that played last month versus the schools

Lock: Aaron Hogan(Munster, Youghal)

Backrow: Idris Rqibi(Munster, Skibereen), Kevin Hastings(Connacht, Westport), Lorcan Dow(Exiles), Liam Walsh (Leinster,Wicklow)

Scrumhalf: Jack Cullen(Exiles) , Joey Carbery(Leinster, Athy)

Outhalf: Conor O'Brien(Leinster, Mullingar), Sean O'Hagan(Exiles)

Centre: James Nolan(Leinster, Gorey), Sean Moran(Leinster, Kilkenny)

this is some of the ireland under 18 club team that played last month versus the schools
    Lock: Aaron Hogan(Munster, Youghal)
    Backrow: Idris Rqibi(Munster, Skibereen), Kevin Hastings(Connacht, Westport), Lorcan Dow(Exiles), Liam Walsh (Leinster,Wicklow)
    Scrumhalf: Jack Cullen(Exiles) , Joey Carbery(Leinster, Athy)
    Outhalf: Conor O'Brien(Leinster, Mullingar), Sean O'Hagan(Exiles)
    Centre: James Nolan(Leinster, Gorey), Sean Moran(Leinster, Kilkenny)
    Below is the majority of the irish squad
    Jack McKenna Wicklow
    Niall Hannon Mullingar
    Anthony McGivney Mullingar
    Conor O Brien Mullingar
    Sean Moran Kilkenny
    James Nolan - Gorey
    Colm Joyce Ahearne - Wexford Wanderers
    Joey Carberry - Athy
    Conor Oliver - Skerries
    Robert Vallejo - New Ross
    Caleb Montgomery - Portadown
    Adam McBurney - Ballymena
    Adam Doherty - Banbridge
    Luke Lewis - Ballynahinch
    Kevin Hastings - Westport
    Jack Codyre - Ballinasloe
    Conor Kyne - Galwegians
    Sean O Hagan - Exile
    Joe Carolan - Exile
    Kiernan Treadwell - Exile
    Lorcan Dow - Exile
    Jack Cullen - Exile
    Tobi Ademakin - Garryowen
    Brendan Quinlan - Clanwilliam
    Aaron Hogan - Youghal
    Sean Cremin - Kanturk
    Idris Rqibi - Skibbereen
    Dylan Horgan - Highfield
    Eoin O Carroll - Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

What time is the clubs game v Italy on his Saturday? Really hope that they go well after the change in the FIRA.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    What time is the clubs game v Italy on his Saturday? Really hope that they go well after the change in the FIRA.
    2pm kick off in ashbourne

• Advertisement

hopefully there is a report on the game

Advertisement