Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helenmac

ormond lad wrote: »
    any opinions on who will win the Munster under 19 quarter finals that are to be played this weekend?
    sundays well v cork con
    bandon v bruff
    highfield v garryowen
    abbeyfeale v clonmel

Not sure if any under 17 games are to be played

midleton u17s playing old cresent to see who tops section b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

helenmac wrote: »
    midleton u17s playing old cresent to see who tops section b
    I know they drew 0-0 in their first game but from what i know of both sides(talking to our coach) Crescent should win that game

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

JustinDee wrote: »
    The players I mentioned were scouted from rugby league academies.
    I don't go into Kramer v Kramer love tussles on who is a league or a union player. Just pointing out what has increased in occurring over the past decade or so.
    The sport still continues to struggle regardless of whether we're talking NSW or QLD.

Giteau never went to a league academy, his school (St Edmunds) to play in their 1st XV they wouldn't let him play league in his final two years of school. It is a good example actually of how strong some schools can be with their students in both a positive and negative way. St Edmunds have produced league players that have were strong at Rugby and were picked in squads (David Furner and Ricky Stuart). Finlay Bealham who is in the Connacht went to school at St Edmunds. Giteau was capped by the Aus 7s team and recruited by the Brumbies out of ACT club Rugby (his test debut was before he played for the Brumbies). His father Ron played league professionally, sure Matt played league on weekends until the final years of school he was never going to be in the Canberra Raiders NRL squad.

The sport isn't struggling at amateur grass roots levels. Player numbers are up again and Rugby comps are popping up in areas that barely had a single club a decade ago (when the Wallabies were number 1). It's only in NSW at Shute Shield and professional level (Waratahs) that it is struggling. Rugby is booming in Queensland thanks to the resurgence of the Reds and a strong admin department. The Reds had an attendance average higher then the Broncos and are aiming for 40,000 members this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Pan Munster u19 Highfield 33 Garryown 7. Great win for Highfield Garryowen may have been unsettled by an injury early in the match to their scrumhalf

I heard but it hasnt been confirmed that the Well beat Con in the Pan munster, any word on that and also the Abbeyfeale Clonmel game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Pan Munster u19 Highfield 33 Garryown 7. Great win for Highfield Garryowen may have been unsettled by an injury early in the match to their scrumhalf

What's the story with Garryowen under 17s and under 19s? They have copped a few hidings recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭munsterfan2

Boyne bt Mullingar 5 -3 in 17's semi-final

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

16 all between the U18 clubs and Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Waterpark beat Ennis 20-12 according to the Facebook page. It also says 'Park won the Under 15 League

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

whos doing well in the u21s league? whos qualified for all ireland spots and in what order?

• Advertisement

FalconXV wrote: »
    What's the story with Garryowen under 17s and under 19s? They have copped a few hidings recently.
    They would have been missing a player or two from the 19s who were with the irish youths today
    19s Pan Munster quarter final results
    Highfield 33 Garryowen 7
    Bandon 37 Bruff 18
    Sundays Well 12 Cork Con 7
    17s Pan Munster quarter final results
    Waterpark 20 Ennis 12

lurtz wrote: »
    whos doing well in the u21s league? whos qualified for all ireland spots and in what order?
    Il post it in the ireland 20s thread where the info is more relevant than in here

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

Clonakilty beat tralee 24-15 any update on the other 17s fixtured

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aspin

Boyne bt Mullingar 5 -3 in 17's semi-final

boyne v navan in final

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Colie Joyce-Aearne is 6-2 but his work rate adds another 4''. Watch this guy play.
    Kevin Hastings is not in jail, wake up, a super prospect.
    This is rugby.
    Everybody counts

shawneebuy wrote: »
    Colie Joyce-Aearne is 6-2 but his work rate adds another 4''. Watch this guy play.
    This is rugby.
    Everybody counts
    Trying to stay on topic but Hastings was sentenced to 7 months the week before last. http://www.herald.ie/news/endas-sister-weeps-as-her-son-is-jailed-29073832.html

Any results from pan munster games played today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

ah alright, too short to be a long term prospect at lock

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

This is rugby.
    Everybody counts

never said he anything about his play or whether he counted or not . thanks for your knowledgeable input though

Clonakilty beat tralee 24-15 any update on the other 17s fixtures
    Bruff beat Galbally 43-0 in a playoff.
    2 quarter finals are still to be played as well as another playoff
    Old Crescent v Galbally or Highfield
    Galbally and Highfield playoff next weekend with quarter the following weekend
    Bruff v Midleton

Munster 19s semi final draw is
    Highfield v Clonmel
    Bandon v Sundays Well

Thanks for the updates Ormond,Did CLonmel beat Abbeyfeale by much?? re the un 19 semis any idea when they are scheduled for and are Highfield at home, I have work next weekend but might be able to swap

• Advertisement

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the updates Ormond,Did CLonmel beat Abbeyfeale by much?? re the un 19 semis any idea when they are scheduled for and are Highfield at home, I have work next weekend but might be able to swap
    Clonmel beat Abbeyfeale 16-11. Dont know anything else about the game
    Highfield are first team named. Im sure the semis are not played in neutral venues so Highfields game will be in Woodleigh Park

Many thanks I will be up country for a lot of the week does anyone know if theu19s are on next weekend ??

Bruff beat Galbally 43-0 in a playoff.
    2 quarter finals are still to be played as well as another playoff
    Old Crescent v Galbally or Highfield
    Galbally and Highfield playoff next weekend with quarter the following weekend
    Bruff v Midleton

Munster 19s semi final draw is
    Highfield v Clonmel
    Bandon v Sundays Well

Jeese thats a shock considering galbally beat bruff in the early stages? are bruff strong?? has the 17s semis been drawn yet?

Jeese thats a shock considering galbally beat bruff in the early stages? are bruff strong?? has the 17s semis been drawn yet?
    Draw has been made as it would have been made at same time as the 19s. 17s draw doesnt appear to be on the munster website.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

Clonmel beat Abbeyfeale 16-11. Dont know anything else about the game
    Highfield are first team named. Im sure the semis are not played in neutral venues so Highfields game will be in Woodleigh Park
    was at the game very close down to the wire,abbeyfeale dominated the opening 20 min ,but did't take their chances,three easy kicks from tee should have gone over,clonmel came more into the game in the second half with a high tempo performance from their pack,clonmel are a well coached and drilled outfit
    abbeyfeale almost stole it with a try in the last min but the player was deemed to have a foot in touch.. .not much between the sides but clonmel deserved the win as they took their chances better when presented

Draw has been made as it would have been made at same time as the 19s. 17s draw doesnt appear to be on the munster website.

sorry ormand i found out theres a good few groups to be decided yet i think like midleton and oldcrescent and gallbally and highfield i think?

sorry ormand i found out theres a good few groups to be decided yet i think like midleton and oldcrescent and gallbally and highfield i think?
    its ormond and while yes some groups still have to decided the draw has still been made as the draw was made before the competition started.

Midleton and Old Crescent has been decided. Crescent beat Midleton friday night so in the remaining 2 quarter finals Bruff play Midleton and Crescent play Galbally or Highfield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

the under - 18 club team drew with italy.

not sure the score.

the under - 18 club team drew with italy.

not sure the score.
    drew 16 all. Havent seen a match report yet but there is some photos from the game here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Are dates of eligibility changing next year or is this just rumour

Advertisement