Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Is there any accommodation specifically reserved for postgrad students?! Thanks in advance
    There is. Contact accommodation office in the college for best info on where to look

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Two sound lads here looking for a place/rooms on the college side of town, doubles preferably!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luke_MaB

Have a house got in Glen Dara, Rahoon out in Westside for the academic year starting in September for 5 people. Already have four (2 girls and 2 lads) including myself and looking for one more. It's a double room that's spare and the rent will be €273 not including bills. Overall, I'd say rent will be no more than €325 per month. Looking for a 1st or 2nd year student, male or female.
    I personally go to NUI Galway, however, there will be another lad going to GTI so I don't care what college you're going to. There is a deposit to be paid and first months rent required, for further details contact me.
    So if interested PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 df6756

Does anyone know when landlords, etc. usually start putting up properties. I'm finding it impossible to find decent 4 bed houses around Galway City. The few I have called have told me that a lot of houses aren't up on sites like daft.ie yet. Does anyone know when they usually start getting put up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Hi, I am starting a Masters in NUIG this September and I'm looking for a decent room to stay in Galway, preferably with other Post Grads or professionals. I have a car but I would prefer to stay somewhere within reasonable walking distance of NUIG. PM if you have anything. Thanks!

• Advertisement

df6756 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when landlords, etc. usually start putting up properties. I'm finding it impossible to find decent 4 bed houses around Galway City. The few I have called have told me that a lot of houses aren't up on sites like daft.ie yet. Does anyone know when they usually start getting put up?
    There will be a few up now and more and more added each week. Best off just keep checking daft every day.. also contact accommodation office in the University

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FreeT

A couple of tips to anyone looking for accommodation in Galway:
    • Daft.ie is great, but people put ANYTHING on that site. You HAVE to check out a place in person before handing over money.
    • Go to NUIG accommodation office for a list of more houses.
    • Word of mouth works very well. Talk around and ask friends/acquaintences/colleagues what different houses/areas are really like.
    • Most houses come with 4 rooms. If a group of 7 of you are looking hard for the ideal house, good luck. I'd recommend splitting up!
    • If a landlord advertises 'girls only', and you know you're a responsible final year male medical student, go talk to them. They may be deluded into thinking that girls are much tidier than boys, but there's a good chance you can convince them you're the ideal tenant.
    • If you're a first year, try to avoid 'digs' and final years. First year's your best chance to 'experience college' and you don't want your housemates/landlords cramping your style.
    • Similarly if you're a final year or post-grad, avoid first years. You deserve peace and quiet, and they deserve the chance to make all their mistakes before their results matter.
    • If a place smells damp on a hot summer's day with the landlord having cleaned the place, it's a fair indication of things to come!
    • Some older landlords only advertise in the local newspapers; you should check them out.
    • If you still haven't found a place to live, advertise wildly: Facebook, Twitter, boards, relevant forums, poster kiosks, advert boards, car windshields… Desperation is a great motivator.
    • If all else fails you can pitch a tent and camp on campus. The precedent has been set :)

Gatame wrote: »
    Two sound lads here looking for a place/rooms on the college side of town, doubles preferably!

Re-iterating this, we need a house for September if anybody finds anything with two spare rooms!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Hey two girls going into 3rd year looking to team up with one or two others for a house share in the Newcastle area. Max budget around 350pm. If anyones interested pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Looking for one person to share an apartment on Mary Street :)
    More details here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/385939841504195/679989222099254/?notif_t=group_comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 OddlySane

Hey, we're a group of three girls and one guy (two 2nd year Computer Science, one 2nd year Engineering and one first year Arts student) looking for a fifth person for a house in Glenn Dara! Rent is 65e a week, includes bin and tv :) Please PM if interested!

Howye! Need two lads/girls for a four bed in Gort na Glaise (10-15 mins walk to college). It's a little bit further out than gort/dun but the house is furnished very nicely, wooden floors new beds etc, need to be good craic but clean and respectful too. We're two lads one in second year and one in third. Rent is 350pm, all double rooms. We had friends living there last year (and again this year) that got on fine. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Biomed332124

[Wanted] Someone to get together with for a house near NUIG

Hi! I'm a second year Biomedical Engineering student looking for someone to live with next year. I'm a sound, quiet and studious guy so I'd like to live with someone pretty similar There are a few 2 bed/2 bathroom houses very close to the College that would be ideal! Rent is about 400-430 on them though so hopefully that's alright with you! If you're interested shoot me over a PM and we can meet up sometime to have a look at a property.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 King of Hands

[Wanted] Someone to get together with for a house near NUIG

Hi! I'm a second year Biomedical Engineering student looking for someone to live with next year. I'm a sound, quiet and studious guy so I'd like to live with someone pretty similar There are a few 2 bed/2 bathroom houses very close to the College that would be ideal! Rent is about 400-430 on them though so hopefully that's alright with you! If you're interested shoot me over a PM and we can meet up sometime to have a look at a property.

Still looking for a room mate??

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Ah house searching how I haven't missed you :P Anyways anyone willing to team up to find a place, or if anyone has a room to fill that'd be grand! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnm3467

19 year old male first year arts student looking for people to share a house/apartment with. PM me if interested :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

1st year CS&IT student looking for accommodation. Fire me a PM if interested in sharing or have a room to fill. Very reliable and wouldn't cause an issue. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nunchuks

20 year old male 1st year arts student here looking for a cheapish place close to the campus. Left it too late to organise something with my friends in Galway so I'm here now looking for someone who needs to fill a house :P Message me if you've got something

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nattyy

2 females starting in NUIG looking for accomodation close enough to the college, if anyone has any rooms to fill or wants to get a house with us give me a pm please! getting desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boardbud

johnm3467 wrote: »
    19 year old male first year arts student looking for people to share a house/apartment with. PM me if interested :)

Interested , leave me your facebook account link :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Myself and a friend of mine (both 2nd years in NUIG, I'm doing CS&IT and he's doing Arts) are looking for a twin room close enough to the college and town if possible. Only thing that's really essential is unlimited wifi!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MrMan1996

Hi could anyone help me, I'm starting nuig this year, but my parents are making me transfer to ul , if I get my grade up in my appeals , and I was wondering is there any accommodation that I can get for a fews weeks like until the appeals which is around early to mid October ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

going into third yr science, if anyone has a room please let me know. badly stuck :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

First year arts and journalism student here. Let me know if anyone has a room free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rachy1995

First year female law student looking for a room near nuig , badly stuck ! Please pm me if you have anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 emt16

Final year engineering student looking for a place. PM if anyone has a place or is looking to team up

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jackmcdowell

18 year old guy, first year arts student looking for anyone who is trying to fill a house or apartment, or wants to look for one. PM me if you're interested, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TomasC

1st year girl looking to share house with other girls. PM if you've room.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leemurf

18 year old 1st year commerce student trying to find a room, if anyone has a spare room please pm me

• Advertisement

23yr old 2nd arts male looking for anyone who is trying to fill a house or apartment, or wants to look for one. PM me if interested

Advertisement