Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

Was on the waiting list for corrib but I've heard nothing.. doubt I'll get it anyway!

So here goes.
    I'm 18, female , going into first year & looking for a room.
    I have a ps3 and 2 controllers and I'll confine any mess I make to my own room.

I'd rather mixed accom or even all boys tbh, too many girls can end in a glittery makeup-y mess.

Love to drink, up for the craic, hate snobs, smoke sometimes

Any takers???

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

Hi all
    I'm 21 male, going into first year, enjoy having the craic and like to think i am relatively tidy :)

prob should have looked for accom sooner but hey where's the fun in that

message away if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eva2468

Any other first years that have no accommodation sorted? really should have sorted it all earlier :/

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

Eva2468 wrote: »
    Any other first years that have no accommodation sorted? really should have sorted it all earlier :/
    Meeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnmoyles

I'm 21 going into first year... i'm in galway at the moment starting my search.. most ads are for complete houses,only interested in hearing from groups of four etc.... in a week or two there'll be plenty of rooms available in these rooms when the groups have been sorted, i'm from cavan,,, so tight enough wit money ;P .....And relatively tidy keep my mess to myself. Anyone interested Private message me thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Try Gort/Cuirt/Dun?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

looking for more to share a house (haven't found it yet) will be looking for close proximity to nuig. There are 2 of us already both going into first year. male and female both 21. just about to start actively looking so pm me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

I'm on the waiting list for Dunaras,Corrib and Cuirt na Corribe but it looks doubtful id get in this stage of the day like.

I'm going into first year and looking to share a house,
    I'm 18, male, Up for the craic and am relatively tidy.
    Looking for somewhere close to the college preferably but not fussed about it since anything would do at this stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Hey! Ethan, 17, male here going into first year; quite tidy, considerate and can get on with nearly anybody. Seeing as all the single rooms in Galway are booked out I'm either looking for a house near NUIG or possibly someone cool that I'll get along with in a shared room in Dunaras. Message me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnthonyOB1

Hey.

Looking for one person to share a house with. Male/female. Be sharing with two males, 20 and 21.

The house is right in Eyre Square, rent relatively cheap for its location. Landlord will only let the house if I fill all the rooms.

PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TracyG

Hey,

2 female postgrad students looking for accomodation near NUI and city, if ye have rooms available or want to team up to get a house PM me! :)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I do realise that Corrib village is the best place to meet other 1st years but does anyoe know if Cuirt na Corribe or dun aras generally has more 1st years out of the 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I do realise that Corrib village is the best place to meet other 1st years but does anyoe know if Cuirt na Corribe or dun aras generally has more 1st years out of the 2 of them

Not sure but I knew 1st years in both Cuirt and Dunaras last year. Cuirt would be way handier as it is so much closer to the college and town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jon Snow

HugsiePie wrote: »

Are there still places left in Cúirt and Dunáras? I thought they'd be well gone by now. If you don't get either of those are you going to try and get a house with other first years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RubyT95

Hey I thought I had accommodation lined up in Galway but now I don't, I'm 18 from Dublin and will be starting first year Arts. pm me if you're interested in looking for a house/flat to share or have any rooms available? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Hey, if anyone has a room available where there would be at least one girl preferably second or first years please let me know via pm as soon as possible. I would be very interested the Rahoon area in particular, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lisa1993

Hi,
    I'm a first year girl in nuig. I have accomodation arranged with four girls that is a 7 min walk from eyre square. The rent is 80 a week. This is a bit too central for me so I'm looking for girls who would maybe like to rent together in gleann dara or better still, someone who has a room in dunaras village or any other student residences that would like to trade with me. Let me know as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

Hola, amigos!

We are looking for someone to take a single room in a 4-bed bungalow in Laurel Park, about 15-20mins from campus and the hospital. Rent is quite reasonable (€70pw incl. refuse).

We are: three males--two Third Meds, one Law Grad

We're looking for: male or female, who is quiet, tidy, clean and friendly.

Ideally, we're looking for someone who realises that study is important, but who can also have a bit of a laugh on a Friday night after a long week. :) Foodies win extra brownie points.

Due to our heavy workload, we're looking for non-First Years (we don't want to be a buzzkill on your first year at university!). Med students are preferred (First year stipulation doesn't apply; ye understand the workload).

Having said all that, we're not total bores. The three of us are eccentric in our own little ways. :)

If you're interested, please PM me asap with your name, a little info about yourself and a contact number.

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭urranger

Hi, I've found a appatrtment in lower Salthill and am looking for two more males to share. I'm starting first year this year.
    Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elliemae

Spare rooms for NUIG students,males or females,one ensuite room (85 euro)and one sharing (55 euro each, twin beds) and one single (70 euro) all weekly in Gleann Dara Rahoon. Looking for clean friendly people, Sharing with two female first years. Please PM for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kateom

Hi im 18 year old girl and looking for accommodation along with another first year lad! im doing arts in nuig in September! We're both up for the crack and we're very sound people :D pm me if anyone is interested! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kateom

hey im starting 1st year in nuig in september? do ye still have a room available? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Orla19

hey im starting 1st year in NUIG in sept, If anbody has rooms to fill, pm me :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MTG94

First year doing arts looking for a place near NUIG :) I'm sound & I make amazing cheese toasties!! Preferably like to share with all girls! PM me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kenh103

Hi
    I'm a first year arts student from Offaly absolutely desperate to get some accommodation sorted! I'd prefer to live with other lads, first years if possible. Does anyone have any rooms available in house shares or any other info? PM me and I'll get back to you straight away.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 ciaranflan

PM me if yere interested in sharing with 5 bedrooms around 390 a month as 300 m from NUIG

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

*Room Available in Cherry Park*

Three Post-Grad males looking for someone to share a 4 bedroom house, 10-15 mins from NUIG, Someone sound, clean and easy going. PM if your interested. Final year/Post grad students only!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭skinny90

House available in greenfields let me know if your interested via pm

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dublad93

Hey there, double bed room available in a house 2 mins from cathedral/front of nuig on canal road, 3 med students here, any easygoing student pm us, hoping to get things sorted quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamhcarroll

Hey we have one room left in hazel park Which is about 10 min walk from nuig!
    Looking for first year girls only sorry :P must be outgoing and good Craic Haha
    At the moment there are 3 boys and myself so I need a girl in this house:P
    1 doin arts another doing commerce and 2 going to GTI !
    Pm me if Interested :)

Advertisement