Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AndruH

Hi Dublad93, I'd be interested in that place if it's still free?
    PM me if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lepus

Hi, we're two 1st year girls looking for a third person (who won't wreck the place) to fill a room in a 3-bed house with us! It's very close to NUIG and a great price. PM me if interested.

Hi 'Lepus' my name's Andrew I'm starting first year engineering in NUIG, and Im looking for somewhere to live. I'm generally sound and keep things relatively tidy, so I wouldn't be a mess to live with, and I also like to have the craic every now and then
    I just seen your post about that place thats available close to NUIG, and that you're looking for an extra person?
    I'd be very interested, would you mind PMing on the location and the rate of rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Hi,

4 20/21 year old's looking for someone to move into a single room in newcastle in 2 weeks time. We are looking for a normal person who is decent craic and not too loud but not afraid of a bit of noise either. We are not looking for a first year at the moment, sorry in advance. PM me here if ye are interested! :)

Hey everyone, I am a 1st year student in NUIG studying engineering, and myself and a second year science student are looking to take an apartment close to the Roisin Dubh in the city centre.
    It's a three bedroom apartment, but we need a third housemate. The rent would be 333 euro each a month, with the apartment being an 8 minute walk to campus and a 5 minute walk to Eyre square.
    The apartment itself is acceptable with a spacious living room/sitting room are and an open fire, and the location of course, is brilliant.
    We're both guys (age 18 and 19) and we'd be looking for an undergrad student who is relatively clean but likes to have a bit of a laugh :)
    Anyone can PM me if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

*Room Available in Cherry Park*

Three Post-Grad males looking for someone to share a 4 bedroom house, 10-15 mins from NUIG, Someone sound, clean and easy going. PM if your interested. Final year/Post grad students only!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FreeT

I know it's late in the year, but are any tidy, studious people looking for a room?

We're in Laurel park, so only 10/15 minute walk from campus or the teaching hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tarahession

Hi we are looking for a forth person to move into a house in foster court. 2 girls and one guy. we are looking for either a male or female dont mind. rent is pretty good for the location. Three of us are good crack and are all in nuig studying at the moment . If interested pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 UrbanOutfitter

Hi I'm 19 a female and in nuig
    need to accommodation asap if anyone has a room I could take let me know I'll take it this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Hi there!

I'm looking for a place to rent in Galway ASAP. I'm a PhD student (24) starting this Monday. Irish, easy going and tidy. Willing to stay with anyone as I've done before when studying abroad! Never been to Galway, so I don't know where's good or not.

PM with any spare rooms or any advice!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Alcoholicia

Hiya, 23 year old female foreign student coming to NUIG for next semester. Need something from 11th Jan - 1st of June! Please feel free to message me! I've been to Galway 6 times, and am pretty familiar with the city! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sarah222

hi. looking for reasonable accommodation for NUIG. im just wondering where would be the best place for a first year?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OddlySane

Hi! We're a group of four female first years renting a place on Bohermore, and we have a single room available to anyone interested :) Please PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

Postgrad student looking for a double room reasonable close to the university starting January.

PM me here if you know of or have one available.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

23 year old first year looking for room from January
    Was staying with friends but due to them needing room I was in after xmas ive to move out
    Im easy going and tidy. Willing to stay with anyone as I've done it before when studying elsewhere
    PM if you could help. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saniat

Hey,
    Need a single room for 5/6 months (February-June 2014) close to DERI.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saniat

Hey, I have seen this and if we can find another person we can rent it. I will be there for 6 months (Feb-June 2014).

http://www.daft.ie/21410176
    23 year old first year looking for room from January
    Was staying with friends but due to them needing room I was in after xmas ive to move out
    Im easy going and tidy. Willing to stay with anyone as I've done it before when studying elsewhere
    PM if you could help. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 edelg

Anyone know what Gort na Coiribe is like if you're a second year who's going to live with randoms? Is it mixed genders? Just want a gang to head out with and I'm grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No one can answer that, everyones experiences are different. It just depends on the type of people you are put in with...
    I lived with randomers for three out of the four years i was there and i got some absolute crazy people(which i hated) and some who were sound. You just have to wait and see!

AFAIK there is mixed genders

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭No.5

Heya,

I'm in a bit of a predicament, having to move out of my house in Galway due to money issues. It's on forster street, 308 a month and the lease stands until the end of may. I don't want to leave my housemates out of pocket, so if anyone needs a room or knows of anyone who does, there's one here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Came to ask where most second years in NUIG are staying. I know that Gort na Coiribe is popular, a lot of my friends managed to get places there, but I hear that it's too late to book there now. Realize that I probably should have been looking for somewhere earlier, starting to get a bit anxious about it now. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

anybody know when would most people be moving out of houses in Dún Na Coiribe for the summer?
    would the properties be going up for rent again straight away around april/may or what's the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Came to ask where most second years in NUIG are staying. I know that Gort na Coiribe is popular, a lot of my friends managed to get places there, but I hear that it's too late to book there now. Realize that I probably should have been looking for somewhere earlier, starting to get a bit anxious about it now. Any suggestions?
    Look for a group of friends and look to any of the houses up round fairlands park etc. Gort more than likely will be full at this stage.
    No point in getting anxious. its April. Tonnes of time to look for somewhere.
    Fert94 wrote: »
    anybody know when would most people be moving out of houses in Dún Na Coiribe for the summer?
    would the properties be going up for rent again straight away around april/may or what's the craic?
    thanks
    Exams go on until mid may and you can book places already for next year everywhere.
    Will vary on course and year. Quite a few people will be finished in April so will move out of their places then. Best off contacting Dun to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cornetto

Me and 7 other first years in Corrib Village are looking to rent a house for second year, and we are splitting into two groups of four, although if we were able to get an 8 bed house we would be delighted to take it. I'm just wondering if anyone would have any numbers for their landlords that they could send to me, we are really struggling to find houses as there are not many that are available for the next academic year with four beds close to one another. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated by all of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Looking for a house-mate to join in with three female second meds, have our eye on a house (price range about 95 a week incl. everything except electricity near to college) but need one more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jtaylol

Myself and another girl are looking for two others to join our motley crew- both 19, non-smokers and with a budget of €300pm each! We'd be looking at single rooms mostly. Drop me a message if you're interested, or have any recommendations! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SarahL95

Hi, Just wondering out of Corrib Village and Cort which is the best to stay in first year? When you won't know that many people either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

SarahL95 wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering out of Corrib Village and Cort which is the best to stay in first year? When you won't know that many people either

Corrib is perfect for a first year looking to meet loads of new people, and drink quite a bit :P

Gort is probably more of a 2nd year spot, can be as wild as Corrib at times but generally tamer plus a lot of people will be living with friends they made in 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nikkitaw3

Hey guys. I'm looking for accommodation for September.. Does anyone know anywhere around GTI college..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dublin_1990_n

Is there any accommodation specifically reserved for postgrad students?! Thanks in advance

Advertisement